PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WELCOME to New England Patrick Chung

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Mike Reiss Posted some comments from Chung's press conference. I love the first comment that Mike posted. There is a pic of the Jersey presentation in Mike's blog too.

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

1) “Ready to go to work.” Those were a few of the first words Chung said in his press conference. He sounds like a grounded type of person who realizes there are no shortcuts to success. “You have to get your edge in the film room,” he said. “My philosophy is to go hard in practice – super hard to where you can’t walk – and it makes the game so much easier.”

He will fit right in. :D

Good to see that they decided not to have all the second rounders there. The last time they had multiple players at the jersey presentation, they didn't work out so well. Chad Jackson ended up being a bust and Maroney has been disapointing (although not nearly as bad as many make him out to be on this board).

I like the Chung pick. The guy seems to be everything the Pats look for in a player. Hopefully he becomes Rodney 2.0.

Good to see that they decided not to have all the second rounders there. The last time they had multiple players at the jersey presentation, they didn't work out so well. Chad Jackson ended up being a bust and Maroney has been disapointing (although not nearly as bad as many make him out to be on this board).

I like the Chung pick. The guy seems to be everything the Pats look for in a player. Hopefully he becomes Rodney 2.0.

I'm hoping that he becomes Patrick Chung 1.0 and makes all of us forget about Rodney (although the latter is not likely at all).

I agree. I just saw his press conference at Patriots.com. He seemed like a smart, humble kid.
He and Butler are roommates.

I can't wait to see Chung & Butler at training camp. Looks like the Pats scouted a couple guys to whom the study of film and the game is important.

i liked too a lot this pick; wellcome Pat Chung ! benvenuto

I agree. I just saw his press conference at Patriots.com. He seemed like a smart, humble kid.
Yeah, I liked him a lot. On a scale of Meriweather who was nice enough but seemed . . . young . . . to Mayo who almost sounded like a coach, Chung is well towards the Mayo side for me. Maybe 80% to that side - not as impressive verbally as Mayo was but still a very, very impressive young man.

He sounds like a workout and filmroom junkie. That work ethic of his will help him a lot in transitioning to the next level. Chung will need to get bigger, stronger, and SMARTER to succeed in the NFL. From the sound of it, he's on the right path. We'll find out more about him soon at the rookie minicamp.

I've loved this pick since I got home on draft day and saw the bottom ticker that we got him. Kid is going to be a beast.

I'm hoping that he becomes Patrick Chung 1.0 and makes all of us forget about Rodney (although the latter is not likely at all).

From what I've gathered, he might not be the best guy in coveage, but what he does well is hit - and hit HARD.

Sounds a lot like Rodney to me. I have to assume that's exactly why they went for him.

"Everrrybooddy have fun tonight!!! Everybod Pat Chung tonight!"

Been trying to think who I should get a throwback jersey of. Thinking Chung, actually.

We drafted gold this year:D With attitudes and work ethics like these those guys will develop into Weapons; Mayo's got the same attitude,he'll be a beast this year imho :)

I'm actually hoping he is Rodney 2.5. You know the second coming of Rodney with a bunch of service pack upgrades.

wonder what # he will get.

I'm looking forward to watching him progress. I think we've seen the last few years several defensive players start slow and finish extremely strong. Meriweather his rookie year was playing a lot better at the end than the beginning. Wheatley and Wilhite were starting to come on before injuries. Mayo (though he was pretty good to begin with) was one of our best defensive players by year's end.

If Chung and Butler can make strides like those examples, this defense is going to be solid by the end of the year.

This guy sounds better every day, thought he was a great choice initially.. but sounds better all the time.. love these guys work ethic, will fit in well with the Pats.

"I’m going to do whatever Coach Belichick asks me. I am ready. I’m ready to go, ready to put some pads on."
"Everybody is their own player. Mr. Harrison is his own player. I’m my own player. Brandon Meriweather is his own player. James Sanders is his own player. It’s just what you bring to the table, what you mean to the team, and what’s best suited for the scheme and for the defense [to] make the defense better. I will do whatever Coach asks me to, regardless of what it is."

That's the caliber of thought that BB loves- selfless, team first player focusing on where he can best help the team.

Last edited:
Rodney was said not to have great coverage skills as well, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes