PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to London, you're fired

And I mostly agree. But in Bill's case there is absolutely nothing wrong other than ignorant perception. In this case, there is at least an argument to be made that the kid didn't need to fly back and forth when they knew they were going to cut him anyway.
Maybe they got their health updates on Wednesday and didn't know until then that he would have to be cut? He was on their practice squad and they wanted to sign the safety they cut back to it.

Maybe they got their health updates on Wednesday and didn't know until then that he would have to be cut? He was on their practice squad and they wanted to sign the safety they cut back to it.

Maybe. Unlikely, but maybe.

If you're looking for "worse", acknowleding that these things happen, cutting Underwood right before the SB is far 'worse'. We're talking orders of magnitude, here.

Last edited:
If you're looking for "worse", acknowleding that these things happen, cutting Underwood right before the SB is far 'worse'. We're talking orders of magnitude, here.
I hadn't read the Detroit Free Press article on this until now but I see that they mention Underwood being released prior to the SB, as well.

london is overrated.
then again so is Indianapolis.

EDIT: I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would disagree with this post. I understand the media and their need to grind the "Bill is a cold-hearted SOB" axe, but Patriot fans should know better.

Calm down. They should know better but folks Disagree for many off the wall reasons.

EDIT: Heh!

Last edited:
Calm down. They should know better but folks Disagree for many off the wall reasons.

I disagree.

EDIT: I believe that's actually the first time I've ever clicked the "disagree" button. I've only hit the dislike button a few times too, but that's usually in response to someone that does it to me. Both are douche bag buttons to press.

Last edited:
My point is that neither move is wrong. It's simply roster management.
You have a cold, black, robotic heart. When I think of you this is what I envision.
arnold sunglasses.jpg

He was a practice squad guy fighting for a chance. If this isn't an example of ****ting on the little guy I don't know what is. They bring him 8 time zones away from where he probably knows little in the first place being from Mississippi and then fire him while he's in London. It's not like he touched down in the UK and caused a problem, that would be understandable. He showed up to work and got canned. It's like getting fired at the company picnic.

He should try to do some sight seeing while he has a chance. I hear that Big Bang Clock is something to behold!

To quote King Charles I, in his Last Public Appearance, as it were:

"I came all the way to London just to get cut??"

"Well, that sucks."

03charles.png

Last edited:
To quote King Charles I, in his Last Public Appearance, as it were:

"I came all the way to London just to get cut??"

"Well, that sucks."

03charles.png

When asked why William Powell was released, a very relaxed senior member of the Lion's organization stated: "We felt he had grown much too thin... man".

13a-william-powell.jpg

I disagree.

EDIT: I believe that's actually the first time I've ever clicked the "disagree" button. I've only hit the dislike button a few times too, but that's usually in response to someone that does it to me. Both are douche bag buttons to press.

They're both, in your mind, "douche bag" buttons to press, yet you admit that you've pressed them both. That's kind of a kontradiction. ;)

Personally, I don't see any problem with hitting those buttons. That's why they're there.

I especially don't care for posters who take personal shots at others here. For those posts I have no problem hitting the dislike button.

When asked why William Powell was released, a very relaxed senior member of the Lion's organization stated: "We felt he had grown much too thin... man".

13a-william-powell.jpg

LOL That was so bad that it was good.

Considering there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Bill did, then... yes. Yes, it is.

EDIT: I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would disagree with this post. I understand the media and their need to grind the "Bill is a cold-hearted SOB" axe, but Patriot fans should know better.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Belichick did, just like there is nothing wrong with what The Lions have done here.

Tiquan was, sadly, the casualty of the Patriots having a much more glaring area of need. I think if I remember correctly the guy we promoted never even saw the field in the Super Bowl...but he was there as insurance.

The Lions had an area of need, they had to cut someone to fill it who they really like and therefore wanted to put on the PS, so sadly someone has to make room.

That is the nature of it. They need changes for THIS WEEKEND. You're being a total homer if you think there is an issue with this but not with what Belichick did. That is all irrelevant however because there is nothing wrong with what either team did.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Belichick did, just like there is nothing wrong with what The Lions have done here.

Tiquan was, sadly, the casualty of the Patriots having a much more glaring area of need. I think if I remember correctly the guy we promoted never even saw the field in the Super Bowl...but he was there as insurance.

The Lions had an area of need, they had to cut someone to fill it who they really like and therefore wanted to put on the PS, so sadly someone has to make room.

That is the nature of it. They need changes for THIS WEEKEND. You're being a total homer if you think there is an issue with this but not with what Belichick did. That is all irrelevant however because there is nothing wrong with what either team did.

You 100% completely misinterpreted my post.

They're both, in your mind, "douche bag" buttons to press, yet you admit that you've pressed them both. That's kind of a kontradiction. ;)

Personally, I don't see any problem with hitting those buttons. That's why they're there.

I especially don't care for posters who take personal shots at others here. For those posts I have no problem hitting the dislike button.

I suspect you know I'm fully aware of my status as King Douche on this forum. But, as far as the dislike and disagree buttons go, I don't begrudge anybody's right to press those buttons. It's just not my style unless someone is lighting me up like a spoiled 5 year old that's getting his ass spanked and I want to go for some revenge. Instead of hitting a button and leaving it at that, I like to quote the post and tell them why I think their logic is lacking. But, then again, that's just my style.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back