PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to Act III of Tom Brady's Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With Act 1 lasting 7 years until Spygate, Act II has now lasted roughly 7 years through DeflateGate.

After Act 1, Tom became a much more vocal leader on the team, which began to rely much more on its passing game. Tom set numerous NFL records for passing milestones while still winning at a mind-blowing pace. It is shocking that, as well as he played during Act I, his winning percentage was actually higher in Act II. He made three Super Bowl appearances in each Act.

Act III is Tom Brady, reborn. A man whose legacy was damaged by a an evil commissioner and his wicked cronies, Brady will spend the next seven years of his career doing everything possible to inflict the most emotional pain on his enemies. In other words, he will be far more fired up than ever. If you thought he had a chip on his shoulder before, let's see what comes next.

Of course, Brady also seeks to hold off his greatest opponent in Act III, Father Time, as he annihilates the NFL record book, lapping former NFL greats in postseason conquests.

You can thank this travesty for extending Tom's career for another seven years; I think he would have wanted to play 3-4, but my guess is that his fire now burns hotter than ever.

It's funny....

We are talking about a man who from a self-motivation standpoint is in the same discussion as Larry Bird. Even in his prime, Larry trash talked, used a loss, a key match-up to take his game to another level. In his time, Larry's legacy or honor was never questioned (Rodman/Isiah doesn't count). If it had, we would have seen Larry hit career highs in every single statistical category and his play would have been beyond what had been done prior.

I expect Tom to have one of his greatest seasons- possibly 2007, 2010 levels.

With Act 1 lasting 7 years until Spygate, Act II has now lasted roughly 7 years through DeflateGate.

After Act 1, Tom became a much more vocal leader on the team, which began to rely much more on its passing game. Tom set numerous NFL records for passing milestones while still winning at a mind-blowing pace. It is shocking that, as well as he played during Act I, his winning percentage was actually higher in Act II. He made three Super Bowl appearances in each Act.

Act III is Tom Brady, reborn. A man whose legacy was damaged by a an evil commissioner and his wicked cronies, Brady will spend the next seven years of his career doing everything possible to inflict the most emotional pain on his enemies. In other words, he will be far more fired up than ever. If you thought he had a chip on his shoulder before, let's see what comes next.

Of course, Brady also seeks to hold off his greatest opponent in Act III, Father Time, as he annihilates the NFL record book, lapping former NFL greats in postseason conquests.

You can thank this travesty for extending Tom's career for another seven years; I think he would have wanted to play 3-4, but my guess is that his fire now burns hotter than ever.

Dude, the coming of Tom Brady Act II is still out of this world... I still can't believe how amazing 2007 was

It's funny....

We are talking about a man who from a self-motivation standpoint is in the same discussion as Larry Bird. Even in his prime, Larry trash talked, used a loss, a key match-up to take his game to another level. In his time, Larry's legacy or honor was never questioned (Rodman/Isiah doesn't count). If it had, we would have seen Larry hit career highs in every single statistical category and his play would have been beyond what had been done prior.

Love the Larry analogy.

All the fire in the world won't make your hamstring heal faster when you're 43.

Last edited:
It's funny....

You might recall that Larry had been retired for 3 years when he's was Tom's current age.

You might recall that Larry had been retired for 3 years when he's was Tom's current age.

Yep and Larry's body was a 1990 Ford Taurus with 295k miles.

TB12 is a Mercedes without any rust and still running perfectly.

This is going to be the "F.U. Tour" times 10.

They might put up 100 on the Colts.

Yep and Larry's body was a 1990 Ford Taurus with 295k miles.

TB12 is a Mercedes without any rust and still running perfectly.
Playing a far more physically brutal game.

We've already seen the first game of Act III. It was the final game of last season and it had a happy ending.

Playing a far more physically brutal game.

Larry laid it all out there in a time where elbows, eye gouges and occosional clothes lines. diving for loose balls was the norm. Dude was tough and played in a physical era.

Just wish he would of hired someone to pour his moms driveway. That was just Larry being Larry though and why he was endeared as a blue collar Legend. People used to line up outside just to see him now his lawn.

Definitely part of the New England Rushmore.

Larry laid it all out there in a time where elbows, eye gouges and occosional clothes lines. diving for loose balls was the norm. Dude was tough and played in a physical era.

Just wish he would of hired someone to pour his moms driveway. That was just Larry being Larry though and why he was endeared as a blue collar Legend. People used to line up outside just to see him now his lawn.

Definitely part of the New England Rushmore.

Brady, Bird, Orr, I'll let you guys choose a Red Sox. (I'd vote Yaz) .. would be a hell of a mountain.

Brady, Bird, Orr, I'll let you guys choose a Red Sox. (I'd vote Yaz) .. would be a hell of a mountain.

Would have to be Big Papi.

David-Ortiz-Boston-Red-Sox-2004-Game-4.jpg

Ted Williams is the red sox up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back