PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Clay Harbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, he definitely rounds out a nice TE group..... Welcome to NE, Clay..........

Gronk, Bennett and Harbor makes a solid ready to goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wrote on the boards a few weeks back when it was reported they met with him that it'd be a good signing. I actually feel really good about him. It's def an uphill battle for him to secure a spot , but if he has some steady hands and can tap into his athleticism could be a solid , really solid under the radar signing.

Wasn't he in Varsity Blues?

Last edited:
Guys like Harbor and Develin will help against Denver's edge rushers.

Yeah , Harbor has upside which is hard to find in a player in the league for that long. I don't feel he has ever been put in a position to utilize his athleticism. More targets could do wonders.

Still hope they draft Dan Vitale tho.

Wait, I have another one: Clay Hahbah!

Oh Bilbo, where are you when I need you?

3755.jpg

Mr. Williams must be sweating, because the new guy's contract indicates that a spot on the roster is Harbor's to lose....

Clay Harbor signed a 2-year, $3M contract that included a $400,000 signing bonus. Pats have to exercise '17 option by end of '16 league yr.

Clay-Harbor-portfolio-featured-image.jpg

Mr. Williams must be sweating, because the new guy's contract indicates that a spot on the roster is Harbor's to lose....

Should Mike Williams or James Develin be sweating? Develin is coming off IR.

Weren't some people excited about AJ Derby too? Could be a really nice TE group we have this year...

Should Mike Williams or James Develin be sweating? Develin is coming off IR.

Develin's contract is not the type that prevents him from being cut, so I get your point, but...

I don't know why the Patriots would have gone through the process of re-signing Develin to a lower money contract than his tender if they weren't planning to keep him. They could have just told him to look elsewhere at that point.

Develin's contract is not the type that prevents him from being cut, so I get your point, but...

I don't know why the Patriots would have gone through the process of re-signing Develin to a lower money contract than his tender if they weren't planning to keep him. They could have just told him to look elsewhere at that point.

I agree.

I have Harbor as our 3rd TE and Develin as our 5th RB/FB.

Remember when TE was a huge weakness?

Hey! I know his cousins. Bar & Boothbay. Just up the coast from me along Route 1. :cool:

At the end of the day the only locks I see are Gronk and Bennett.

Williams has the TE/Tackle versatility but he didn't play out of the this world or at a level that makes him indispensable.

Develin is a locker room guy and it has been discussed how impactful and underated he is to the offense , however let's not put him in Canton yet.

If Harbor, AJ Derby or any draft choice outplay them they will get the nod. The competition should be fierce this camp, which is a great news for all.

Harbor is coming teams that are traditionally crappy, will be interesting to see how he does in this winning culture.. hard to tell how good these guys are as most of the time the teams are not playing to their strengths..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes