PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome back Guss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He may not be good for many games, but there aren't many games left. Guss Scott could help out on special teams for a couple of games. Scott is a really good special teamer (IMHO, better than Spann).

This is a no cost move. If Guss looks good in practice, he can be activated.

He likely will be if Baker doesn't get off the injury report.

I would like to say welcome back Gus Scott also I like the way he played when he was able to get out on the field.

Excellent signing, good to have the kid back in the fold!

guss scott is going to make a big difference on the practice sqaud. are we that desperate

guss scott is going to make a big difference on the practice sqaud. are we that desperate
Don't be so gloomy Gus! The Pats just reacquired a DB who has played well for the team before being injured. He won't need as much time to get up to speed on the defense and with the loss of Wilson at Safety he is a key signing for depth.

How has Guss Scott not landed on someone's IR list yet?

How many weeks until he is on ours. Knee, you know.

i cant wait for him to be helped off the field again he knew the system for 3 years and did nothing

Let's not forget he is still only on the practice squad, although the Gabriel release freed up a 53-man spot.

I always thought he was a true BB-type player when he was drafted. Injuries...:(

i wont be surprised if scott is cut next week..maybe he is here only to provide info on the texans....

The only name player among the other transactions is Scott, who was picked by the Patriots in the third round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He was cut at the end of camp and signed by Houston. The Texans cut him on Nov. 21, and he was signed by the Jets on Nov. 23, before being released six days later.

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

i cant wait for him to be helped off the field again he knew the system for 3 years and did nothing

I know you and McBee are unhappy that Scott may help our special teams and defense.

Don't worry, there'll be something else to be gloomy about soon.:D

Guss Scott

Although a footnote to recent moves, the guy was pretty solid for a couple games in 2005 until being placed on IR for the second season in a row.

here's hoping he does something, not only because we need the defensive backfield help, but so the 2004 draft class doesn't look like a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes