PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Alfonzo Dennard

Status
Not open for further replies.
stats show him as a typical Pats cb (that is, under 6' :D)

interesting on that big ten pre season all big 10 list there's no tavon wilson to be found, even 4 deep.

anyway, dennard is interesting but he might have to miss some preseason stuff if he's in jail.

Yup! This is likely what I thought whend Dennard was drafted.

Can everyone pretend we got Dennard in the 2nd, and Wilson in the 7th, and stop complaining? Thanks! :)

Kid is a beast, i cannot believe he was still there at 7! Only the arrest stopped him going high but otherwise he was gone A LONG time ago.

Fantastic pick and looking forward to seeing him play.

He could have been picked in Travon's place in the second and people would have been fairly happy.

But he is a slot corner, not a potential Safety. Arrington lead the league in INTs at that position. Whereas Travon was willing to try to play out of position at CB, simply because the Team and Coach needed him to do so.

seriously though. this kid appears to be high round talent from all the mocks.

if anyone can get him to fly straight BB can; but between the ejection and punching a cop the weekend before the draft this kid may be walking in the footsteps of BM (pro-bowl traded dui). Let's hope not and that we get someone who wants nothing but to rebound from all this.

interesting on that big ten pre season all big 10 list there's no tavon wilson to be found, even 4 deep.

anyway, dennard is interesting but he might have to miss some preseason stuff if he's in jail.

He's listed under the cornerbacks not the safeties

Last edited:
I heard the guy punched a cop during an altercation leading to his arrest.....shame for him but great for us getting one of the heists of the draft.

Believe he was the 4th to 6th ranked corner in the draft depending on your scouting source flavor.....

Him and Ebner make me very intrigued now for the secondary.

to hell with getting him to fly straight...just get him to put a picture of Sancrud in his mind and then tell him "KILL!!!"...do the same with Hightower..."smash that pretty boy punk weakling!!!!"...by the 3rd quarter of our first meeting we should be seeing Tebow... the Rats did ZERO to protect their little Murk, which means that sieve they call an O line will once again be manned by the Hunters and Ducksass's of their pathetic roster...what glorious irony...a Wrecks type player wreaking havoc on HIS bigmouth offense...

Oh dear god, 5'10? He is going to get abused by the 6'4 Stephen Hill

to hell with getting him to fly straight...just get him to put a picture of Sancrud in his mind and then tell him "KILL!!!"...do the same with Hightower..."smash that pretty boy punk weakling!!!!"...by the 3rd quarter of our first meeting we should be seeing Tebow... the Rats did ZERO to protect their little Murk, which means that sieve they call an O line will once again be manned by the Hunters and Ducksass's of their pathetic roster...what glorious irony...a Wrecks type player wreaking havoc on HIS bigmouth offense...

So much to enjoy with one post.

BB has paid guys in the past to start fights in practices. we know now who he'll go to...

Not to be 'that' guy, but I wouldn't take the 'punched a police officer' thing at face value. Considering what constitutes resisting arrest these days I wouldn't be surprised if unintentional contact with a police officer doesn't get written up as assaulting an officer.

I got a really good friend who is a cop so I'm not hating on cops, per se, but there's always two sides to a story.

Take it for what it is worth, Lindy's had Dennard as the 4th ranked CB predicted to be taken in the first round and compared him to Marcus Trufant as the NFL player he was most like.

Profootball Weekly has him ranked #1 for nickel CBs (they break positions down by responsibility) and a second-third round grade.

Alfonzo and I share a birthday, so naturally I hope he pans out.

Take it for what it is worth, Lindy's had Dennard as the 4th ranked CB predicted to be taken in the first round and compared him to Marcus Trufant as the NFL player he was most like.

Profootball Weekly has him ranked #1 for nickel CBs (they break positions down by responsibility) and a second-third round grade.

Excellent. I think a lot of people here — myself included — expressed a hope the Pats might take Jenkins in Round 2. But I'll take this pick instead; guy doesn't seem like a pathological trouble maker like Jenkins, and sounds like quite a player. He does seem to have an edge as a player, and that will have to be channeled/coached. And if it doesn't work ... it was a 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes