PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Adrian Wilson. You're Sorely Needed Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure about this but, if hes healthy the team needs to consider substituting Mayo for Fletcher as well. Nothing against Mayo but his coverage abilities are less than stellar.

I can't think of many situations in which I'd rather have Fletcher on the field than Mayo.

What Adrian may lack in traditional coverage skills (manning up 1 on 1, or zone over the top), I think he makes up for in intimidation and leadership.

The past few seasons we've been getting shredded in that dead zone in the middle of the field between the linebackers and safeties. Having a physical presence there will make receivers think twice before running that area.

On top of that, Wilson instantly becomes the veteran of the secondary. Safety is a natural leadership position because of the view they get of the field. A safety who can coordinate the rest of the secondary is something we really haven't had since Rodney left. Hopefully Adrian can teach Tavon some tricks about playing the position, and McCourty some tips about leading from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back