PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weird Al for Super Bowl Halftime Show ... Nooooooo !!!

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
'Weird Al' Super Bowl Petition Calls For Singer To Headline Halftime Show - Huffington Post

"Weird Al" Yankovic says he's planning a 2015 tour to promote his new album, but there's one date he might want to keep open: Feb. 1.

That's the date of Super Bowl XLIX, and some fans have launched a petition on Change.org urging the NFL to choose Yankovic for the halftime show.

"Think about the Super Bowls of past years, when you had no vested interest in either team, especially during a game that was a blowout or boring," Ed Ball, a fan from Seattle who says he started the petition while drunk, wrote on the website. "What did you remember the most? I’m betting it was typically the humorous commercials, or some kick a** halftime performance. Why not combine the two?"

Ball has another reason for wanting "Weird Al" on the halftime show.

"I do not want to sit through another Black Eyed Peas disaster or see Nicki Minaj verbal vomit some lyrics that I cannot understand. And do you want Miley Cyrus?!? Because this is how you will end up with Miley Cyrus!!!"

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back