Welcome to PatsFans.com

Weiner Cooked

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 6, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Well Breitbart is breaking other woman coming forward with more explicit tweets blowing Weiner's story. Weh nthe Chris Lee story happened Boehner demanded Lee resign. We will see what Pelosi does.

» Weinergate Bombshell: New Woman Comes Forward Claiming Cache of Intimate Photos and Online Communications with Beleaguered Congressman - Big Government

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

This thread won't go very far, Loons figure when they ignore things they will just go away, the Palin / Paul Revere thing is falling apart for them also, it seems that Sarah may have been exactly right.

Weiner is just another "Politician Creep" good riddance, now he will be replaced with another scumbag.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

What an interesting concept - a "new" woman has come forward a week before the old one.

How does that work, anyhow?

A new woman has come forward with what she claims are photographs, chats, and emails with Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY). BigGovernment.com and BigJournalism.com were approached regarding this information more than a week prior to the separate, independent event of Friday, May 27, 2011, when a link to the now-infamous “gray underwear” photograph appeared publicly on Rep. Weiner’s Twitter feed.

And what the hell is an online, consensual relationship involving the mutual exchange of intimate photographs. anyhow?

I particularly love that part where they have the pictures, but won't be releasing them due to their "extreme graphic nature."

Have they never heard of pixelating?

We'll see - whatever. Weiner's toast whether any of it is true or not. It doesn't matter if you're as guilty as John Edwards or Larry Craig or as innocent as Shirley Sharrod or Gary Condit - once the story's out there your career is essentially over.

Heck, witness what just happened to that long honored American hero, Paul Revere.

One wrong word from someone with media attention and he's now, and forever more, a traitor.
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

The thing is I'm getting tired of this stuff. It always becomes a contest of who's side has more scandals while at the same time each spinning their side enough to claim some moral superiority.

Stay tuned, they'll be another one to be outraged with soon.
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

The diff is when a rightie scumbag is 'exposed' :D ir C Lee , Ahhhhnold or M Foley, the righties on the board say good riddance get them out, when a leftie does the 'same' thing many of the lefties spin away and blame the bearer of the bad news rather than saying hasta la vista to the dirtbag.

Hence the entertainment value.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Exhibit A:rolleyes:
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I fully understand the "entertainment value."

All one has to do is read the myriad Sarah Palin threads and listen to her fans help her rewrite history to understand how that works.

You're a smart man, PF13, I'm sure you see the striking similarities.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Do not forget Diaper Vitter and Ensign.. bottom feeders.

The difference seems to be that the left abandons them when the facts are known, however the right wants to leave it to the voters..
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Sure lefties enjoy any mal prop real or imagined by rrightie pols and righties will defend some pols, like Palin. Lefties find this entertaining.

I may do threads on dumb statements from Barry and Biden and the new queen of dumb statements Debbie Wasserman Schultz, for entertainment of course.

One can't always focus of the depressing reality of the economy, we need to lighten things up a bit.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Rosetta stone might be helpful... either that or slow down and proofread. You make no sense.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Exactly and nobidy here defended them at all. I could add a corresponding list of libs why bother since we are having a weiner roast currently and libs denying reality about him. :D
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

The right did not police themselves and call for the resignation of Vitter and Ensign... but are very diligent watching what the other side is doing and once again rear their granny state head and feel as though they know what is best for them.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I think it's up to him and his constituents (as well as his collegues in the party) to collectively decide his fate. If the majority consensus between those people is that he should remain on the job, then so be it. The real issue isn't so much sending pics of yourself to hot college girls half your age (I actually commend him for that :D), but more a matter of his lying about it, and doing so while being recently married. With issues like these I prefer to leave them as personal to the person as possible, with the understanding that these "personal" acts, are reflective of one's charactor. If you are lying to the public about being hacked, or about not doing this, and then it comes out that you were indeed doing it, and doing it more often than people ever realized, then what else are you lying about becomes my question? How can the general public take you at your word is the real problem IMO. Again though, it's up to him, his constituents, and his party to determine his future. He should have just admitted that it was him. So he's a horn ball, what male isn't? We're a forgiving society for the most part. Admitting guilt is always the best thing to do.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I hope I speak for most married men....

Texting pictures of your junk/self to any woman who is NOT your wife, makes you a complete a-hole. (Unless, of course you have some kind of an 'open relationship' which works for some people.)

RW, I know you, and I know that stuff is tongue and cheek, but for a guy in public office to do that...then tip toe around it is super sleazy, and not really fit to represent people in my opinion.

Its a lot like Tiger Woods, none of it would be a big deal if they weren't married.

If you are prone to be a sleazebucket, chances are you are involved in politics. If you are a sleazeball, prone to like many young women...DON'T GET MARRIED!
  16. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TY for sticking around Weiner, you'll provide much leverage through 2012.
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

He should resign like C Lee did. My guess he will try to ride it out. Pelosi won't push him at all.

HD I agree as a married man if your wife can't trust you why should anyone else.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Excuse me for saying so but men are such morons sometimes.

I do not understand how they do not at least think about getting caught.

How can it possibly be worth it?

One minute you've got it all - a smart, pretty wife, a great job, money, fame, respect, a rosy future - and you toss it away for what? 30 minutes of phone sex and a few nude pictures for and from a woman or two that you have no intention of ever meeting?

Politicians would do well to remember their Shakespeare -

The evil men do lives after them
    the good is oft' interred with their bones.
  19. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -7

Yeah, right. Half of America still won't know who he is a month from now, and the other half that does will have stopped caring.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  20. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you know Rep. Lee? Did you before?