PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly Marshall Faulk Bashing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marshal Faulk

I've hated that guy since he killed my fantasy team back in 2002.

Do you hate Tyree?

He hasn't liked us understandably since we beat him.

He's talking about Faulk's hate towards the Patriots, I believe.

Do you hate Tyree?

He hasn't liked us understandably since we beat him.

Ok, well first off, NO, I dont hate tyree, I hate the refs for not stopping the play when manning was in the grasp. But, thats another subject all together...and second, I'm a fan of the patriots , Faulk is suppose to be an un bias sports broadcaster and if they just throw around their personal feelings, what we have is ESPN. Please dont let the nfln become espn.

He's talking about Faulk's hate towards the Patriots, I believe.

as was I. Tyree beat us so we don't like him. Pats beat Faulk so he doesn't like us. See where I was going.

Yes it is unprofessional but who these days actually acts unbiased toward the Patriots....very few, everyone else tells a story as though we cheat.

Ok, well first off, NO, I dont hate tyree, I hate the refs for not stopping the play when manning was in the grasp. But, thats another subject all together...and second, I'm a fan of the patriots , Faulk is suppose to be an un bias sports broadcaster and if they just throw around their personal feelings, what we have is ESPN. Please dont let the nfln become espn.

I defintitely agree that Faulk should be unbiased if he wants to be on air.

But I have watched the Tyree play plenty and the fact is Manning was not in the grasp....Maybe there was some holding but nothing can change the play now. Its a new season time to move on.

Re: Marshall Faulk

Whats up with all his hate? Isnt his cousin on the patriots?

Dude got OWNED in the Super Bowl and as he's a Ego-maniac, his anger is directed towards the team that beat him. It really that simple.

He's an adolescent ego maniac, and That's no way to go thru life

But I have watched the Tyree play plenty and the fact is Manning was not in the grasp....Maybe there was some holding but nothing can change the play now. Its a new season time to move on.

Thats why I said that it was a topic for another time (the past).

I was just watching total access and the one dude said "no one expected the giants to win" and M. Faulk was like "I did" and then the other dude was like "There isnt going to be a superbowl hangover" and then Faulk was like "The hang over is there."

its like shut up douche.

Thats why I said that it was a topic for another time (the past).

I was just watching total access and the one dude said "no one expected the giants to win" and M. Faulk was like "I did" and then the other dude was like "There isnt going to be a superbowl hangover" and then Faulk was like "The hang over is there."

its like shut up douche.

It's important to note that Marshal NEVER predicts the Pats to win...ever. HE HATES THE PATRIOTS.

Him and Ditka never pick the Pats - At least Ditka will say, "I don't like that team or town" - Where Marshall usually tries to back his pick up with some stupid flimsy football knowledge.

Dude got OWNED in the Super Bowl...

Hardly. He was the one guy actually performing for the Rams, especially in the 2nd half - they just never got him the ball. Read Simmons' post-Superbowl column sometime to see how close he seemed to be to breaking a big gain every time he touched the ball.

...his anger is directed towards the team that beat him. It really that simple.

This does seem to be the case. He's been a ringleader for the anti-Pats smear campaign ever since Spygate happened (and even before). It's too bad, really, I really admired him before all that started up.

At least Ditka will say, "I don't like that team or town" - Where Marshall usually tries to back his pick up with some stupid flimsy football knowledge.

Reminds me of Jerome Bettis picking the Pats to lose a game because "I don't think they can run the football."

Hardly. He was the one guy actually performing for the Rams, especially in the 2nd half - they just never got him the ball. Read Simmons' post-Superbowl column sometime to see how close he seemed to be to breaking a big gain every time he touched the ball.

This does seem to be the case. He's been a ringleader for the anti-Pats smear campaign ever since Spygate happened (and even before). It's too bad, really, I really admired him before all that started up.

"Hardly" -Really? The guy had 76 yards rushing in that game and in the 5 games leading up to the SB he had 202,118,168,82,159 rushing yards respectively (With 15 yards being the longest)- and he had ZERO TD's.

I don't know what Simmon's wrote, but if he wrote "He was Close to breaking" that means he got shut down.

The Patriots plan was to hit him and hit him often, even when he did not have the ball. Seems to have worked, as one of the Premier players in the NFL and the 2000 season MVP had one of his worst production games in the Super Bowl.

I define that as being owned. However, That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Reminds me of Jerome Bettis picking the Pats to lose a game because "I don't think they can run the football."

That's what Bettis gets for Thinking, the appearance of stupidity and childish jealousy as opposed to insightful football knowledge.

Of course, I am a Homer.

Marshall Faulk could use a therapist. He's never been able to let go of the fact that when the Rams were about to go down in history as the greatest team of their generation, they were stopped by the Patriots. Beyond the Rams being denied football immortality, Faulk and company were then replaced by the Pats as the best team of the past decade, and then watched the Pats surpass them last year as the best offense in NFL history. To add insult to injury, Faulk was no longer mentioned as the best player in the game, but the QB of the team that beat him was.

Don't forget that when the Pats beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, part of the game plan by BB was to hit Faulk and knock him down on every single play, whether he was involved in the play or not. Besides the emotional letdown of losing that game, the unexpected physical beating was surely very frustrating too. Then there is the fact that Faulk started his career with the Colts, a team that has also been denied in big games multiple times by the Pats.

The next time Faulk says something complimentary about the Pats may well be the first time you hear anything like that said. Check out this video from the NFL Network from last season when Faulk was comparing the offense of the Colts and Patriots. Even Rich Eisen and Rod Woodson can't keep themselves from laughing at Faulk for his bias.

Who really cares about Marshall Faulk anyway? He is the weakest link in the NFL Network's Total Access group. He provides nothing to the show eventhough Rick Eisen seems to at least pretend to fawn on his every word.

The thing is that I am so disinterested in what Faulk has to say that I guess I never realized that he had such a strong anti-Patriots bias. I know the Patriots were a team he didn't like, but I didn't think he was so passionate about the hate. I usually tune him out whenever he speaks.

If I was running total access, I would only have Eisen and Rod Woodson on. Woodson is one of the better analysts on TV right now.

Last edited:

Who really cares about Marshall Faulk anyway? He is the weakest link in the NFL Network's Total Access group. He provides nothing to the show eventhough Rick Eisen seems to at least pretend to fawn on his every word.

The thing is that I am so disinterested in what Faulk has to say that I guess I never realized that he had such a strong anti-Patriots bias. I know the Patriots were a team he didn't like, but I didn't think he was so passionate about the hate. I usually tune him out whenever he speaks.

If I was running total access, I would only have Eisen and Rod Woodson on. Woodson is one of the better analysts on TV right now.

I like Eisen - Of course he's like the president of the Tom Brady fan club, so he's as close to a Patriots fan as you can get on that show.

Last edited:

Read Simmons' post-Superbowl column sometime to see how close he seemed to be to breaking a big gain every time he touched the ball.
This is just another way of saying he couldn't get the job done. Yeah, he did come close. No, he couldn't break one. He was owned, and his career was never the same, straight downhill just like the Rams since that game.

I wonder if he will be there November 13th, I know they do total access live on location for the NFLN games.

Marshall Faulk could use a therapist. He's never been able to let go of the fact that when the Rams were about to go down in history as the greatest team of their generation, they were stopped by the Patriots. Beyond the Rams being denied football immortality, Faulk and company were then replaced by the Pats as the best team of the past decade, and then watched the Pats surpass them last year as the best offense in NFL history. To add insult to injury, Faulk was no longer mentioned as the best player in the game, but the QB of the team that beat him was.

Don't forget that when the Pats beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, part of the game plan by BB was to hit Faulk and knock him down on every single play, whether he was involved in the play or not. Besides the emotional letdown of losing that game, the unexpected physical beating was surely very frustrating too. Then there is the fact that Faulk started his career with the Colts, a team that has also been denied in big games multiple times by the Pats.

The next time Faulk says something complimentary about the Pats may well be the first time you hear anything like that said. Check out this video from the NFL Network from last season when Faulk was comparing the offense of the Colts and Patriots. Even Rich Eisen and Rod Woodson can't keep themselves from laughing at Faulk for his bias.

Faulk was a joke in that video clip. The Colts WR corp last year was better than the Patriots and the o-line was better too? The Pats were already on pass to break every passing record at the point of that clip. The Colts' WR lacked any depth at that point because Anthony Gonzales was not effective and no one else stepped up. The Pats' o-line was a brick wall.

I guess I can see how he could pick Manning over Brady at that point although his reasoning was whacked. Because the Colts built their franchise around Manning and Brady just inherited the starting position? Because manning calls his own plays and runs the ball, but Brady gets the play given to him and plays lights out? Really?!? Is this really analysis to determine who's better?

This is why I zone the guy out.

Yeah, I don't know where this "they should have blown the whistle" stuff comes from. Yes, Manning was in the grasp. But in football, in the grasp does not = sack. Someone was tugging on the back of his jersey (AD I think) and that was about it. Stop making excuses and accept the fact that we flat out played horrible football that day.

Oh and Marshall Faulk is just bitter. He's bitter that his career is over, he's bitter that he didn't get a chance to be on a dynasty, and he's bitter that the team that beat them that day actually became a dynasty. Oh, and NFL Network is already turning into ESPN. Case and point: Marshall Faulk and Rich Eisen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye