Welcome to PatsFans.com

Weekend at McCains, are these the VP candidates???..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 22, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 9 / -26

reminds me of weekend at Bernies, anyways he is hosting Charlie Crisp, Bobby Jindal and Mitt Romney.. the first two do not make any sense, especially Jindal who has no experience outside of La. Romney may make him look like a true conservative, of course the McCain folks are denying it, but the washignton times reports is so it must be true..

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20080522/NATION/359532462/1002

The presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain says it's purely coincidental, but three of the guests scheduled to drop by the senator's Arizona home over the Memorial Day weekend happen to be on the shortlist of vice presidential contenders.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will join the McCains and several other couples this weekend.

None of the three men have previously visited the McCain ranch. Nevertheless, the McCain camp played down the gathering.

"The weekend is entirely social, nothing related to VP process," senior adviser Mark Salter said.

The possible running mates and their wives all will stay at the McCain compound near Sedona from tomorrow to Sunday, lounging, chatting and dining together
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Crist would make a lot of sense, he's very popular in Florida and would presumably lock up a big, vital swing state for the Republicans. I have no idea about his policy views, but just strategically he would be a good choice.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +404 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

On MSNBC last night they seemed to think FL is trending Republican with or without Crist. Jindal is inexperienced and could match Obama's lack of experience :D
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +415 / 5 / -2

You'll here the young pub names a lot, so that they get a little national traction, whether they're picked or not. The GOP needs to get some young faces familiarized nationally. Jindall has no chance of being selected, while Crist is a maybe. He's only been governor since 2006. With McAmnesty having the dirt nap issue lingering over his potential presidency, would a 2 year governor be a real comforting sell? Crist gets high marks from Floridians though, and is very well liked. His name, to me anyway, is intriguing. Romney might end up being the choice. I think his name comes down to the jesus vote. If the GOP feels confident in evangelicals turning out with Romney as VP, then he's got a shot. Still early. Romney gets points because he polled well with respect to the economy issue, where McAmnesty doesn't. What I'm most encouraged about, is the fact that all 3 names are governors. Executive experience, for me at least, is a must. Obama would be smart to look in the same direction (Richardson).

Bill Richardson makes too much sense for Obama to pass up. If he picks Edwards, he's stupid.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +506 / 2 / -9

The only thing that will get Mccain anywhere near the White House will be the "Loyal Hillary Democrats" who feel betrayed by the "Racists" that have dumped Hillary to join the "Politically Correct" Obama Groupies, the Loyal Hillary people may all go for Mccain or not vote at all, I think most all Female democrats will stay home or go Mccain.

Even so, America has New Royalty, Prince Barack And Princess Michelle will be moving into the White House next year.

Three things to remember
    1 Never Mention Prince Baracks Middle Name
    2 Never Talk Back To Princess Michelle
    3 Never Mention Prince Baracks Ears

The Next Four Years Will Be A "Riot"

The Chimp Will Be Gone------------------:singing:
  6. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Obama is not winning the south period so Crist or Jindal really doesn't bring anything electoral wise to the table. Romney on the other hand could help McCain's chances in NH and Midwestern states. I think it actually would cement NH, which is a state that we didn't win in 2004. Romney's appeal in PA, OH,MI and WI may be the deciding factor if he is chosen.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think its a tossup between 3 men....

1. Romney
    2. Lieberman
    3. Cheney

Rumor has it that McCain is putting Cheney in charge of the group that is choosing the VP....

just playin'
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +415 / 5 / -2

Very good observation.
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

McC needs to have a young, conservative running mate--without it appearing that he's particularly going younger or more conservative. So picking Romney would make sense.

Here's a wild card suggestion though: Mike Steele.