PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 TV Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Week 9 TV Maps are out: NFL TV Distribution Maps

Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf will call the Pats-Dolphins game.
NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 9 Early

Even though CBS has the doubleheader, three NFC markets won't get the game because of the rule of not having another game on in competition to that teams game when they are playing at home: no Pats game in Chicago, Atlanta or Tampa. Ravens-Bengals and Texans-Colts gets the coverage over the Pats in most of the AFC North and AFC South markets, though the Pats get pretty good coverage over the rest of the country. Interesting that almost everything west of the Mississippi gets the Pats game (other than Texas and Oklahoma, getting the Texans game obviously) - with the exception of North Dakota (did Adam Vinatieri's relatives request the Colts' game?) and Vegas (Peyton side bets? Hoping for a big scoring game between the Colts and Texans?)

Almost everyone gets the Chargers versus Giants for the late CBS game.
NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 9 Late
Not a surprise, it is one of the few chances for CBS to show the Giants; Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call that game.

Most of the Patriots' home area gets the Panthers at Saints as a late game on Fox; Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick call that one.
NFL TV Distribution Maps - FOX Week 9
I would have thought that game would go out to most of the country, but that's not the case; Arizona at Chicago as an early game is on most Fox stations.

So most of the country will get to see the Giants get blown out by 30 points, eh? :rolleyes:

For two weeks out of the year, it pays to live in South Florida.

*grumbles* Can't watch the game again this week then :(

Showing Baltimore game here :(

Last edited:
Once again the TICKET pays off, I will probably end up getting the Pats game once they fail to sell out the Jags-Chiefs game, but why take the chance. Of course without the Ticket, Iw ould not be able to watch the Titans-SF game late.

I'm shocked how many Pats games have been shown here in southeast Louisiana so far this season. I think all but one or two have been the broadcast game (not that there's any lack of bars with Sunday Ticket where I can watch).

For two weeks out of the year, it pays to live in South Florida.

And Central Florida! The DVR is ready and humming its electronic hum just a little louder in anticipation. :singing:

Thank God Miami won some games lately. Several weeks ago I thought Balt/Cincy was going to get this slot in my area as Pats/Miami didn't appear to be compelling.

First 10am Pats game on my TV this year! No bar! Woo hoo!

Regards,
Chris

Very nice! This means the next 5 Pats games will be on TV here in New York--arguably the most important stretch of the season.

Once again the TICKET pays off, I will probably end up getting the Pats game once they fail to sell out the Jags-Chiefs game, but why take the chance. Of course without the Ticket, Iw ould not be able to watch the Titans-SF game late.
Amen - thank God for the Ticket! I've gotten to the point where I honestly have no idea what games are being broadcast locally because I just don't care. Usually I can figure it out just by looking at the schedule, but you get the occasional surprise.

Very nice! This means the next 5 Pats games will be on TV here in New York--arguably the most important stretch of the season.

Same here in Florida. This whole gauntlet is going to be televised down here. Dolphins, of course, are going to be televised no matter what since that's the market I'm in. Colts are prime time. Jets are on at 4:15 meaning that game will most certainly be shown down here since the Dolphins aren't playing at the time and two of their main competition are. Saints game is prime time and it's the same story with the Dolphins in December. No more streams until December 13th. :rocker:

Thank God Miami won some games lately. Several weeks ago I thought Balt/Cincy was going to get this slot in my area as Pats/Miami didn't appear to be compelling.

Regards,
Chris

yeah .same here...finally.

so i get Houston vs. Indy, but I'm not that upset. Mostly because I don't have to listen to Gus Johnson or look at Kenny Albert this time.

Same here in Florida. This whole gauntlet is going to be televised down here. Dolphins, of course, are going to be televised no matter what since that's the market I'm in. Colts are prime time. Jets are on at 4:15 meaning that game will most certainly be shown down here since the Dolphins aren't playing at the time and two of their main competition are. Saints game is prime time and it's the same story with the Dolphins in December. No more streams until December 13th. :rocker:

Hell yes. It's gonna be a great month.

edit: BUT, couldn't they flex out the second Dolphins game if they think something else is better?

Last edited:

Regards,
Chris

Nah, it's November sweeps. CBS isn't messing around. Pats = Ratings. There's a reason we always play Indy in November and end up with a couple prime time games. ;)

Yikes I got Washington Atlanta. I get to see Jim Zorn with a fancy motorola headset attempting to scheme some ultra exotic 2nd and 9 draws up the middle. Can't wait!

Hell yes. It's gonna be a great month.

edit: BUT, couldn't they flex out the second Dolphins game if they think something else is better?
Flex scheduling starts two weeks before that in week 11, so that is possible - though I doubt it will be flexed out.

To start off, the games on other nights can't be moved, so that eliminates Jets at Bills and Ravens at Packers. Then each network gets to 'protect' one game - i.e., they get to keep it, it can't be moved to NBC's SNF - so that eliminates the Titans at Colts and Cowboys at Giants.

Now cross off games involving at least one team that is obviously not worthy of being flexed:
Bucs at Panthers
Rams at Bears
Raiders at Steelers
Lions at Bengals
Broncos at Chiefs
Texans at Jaguars
Chargers at Browns
49ers at Seahawks

That only leaves the following possibilities:
Eagles at Falcons
Vikings at Cardinals
Saints at Redskins

The first two look like good matchups that could have playoff implications, but I don't think Atlanta or Arizona have enough of a following to make the switch worthwhile; the ratings would probably be lower than the Pats-Dolphins.

That leaves New Orleans versus Washington. The Redskins have a big following and do well in the ratings, but their team stinks this year; it's very doubtful that this will be a competitive game. The wildcard in the idea of moving this game to Sunday Night however is this: what if the Saints are still undefeated heading into this game? If that is the case NBC might want to hype that angle, especially if the Dolphins have fallen out of the playoff race by then. But even if that were to happen though, I think CBS would still broadcast the Pats-Dolphins across most of the country Sunday afternoon, considering the other games they have available that day.

Flex scheduling starts two weeks before that in week 11, so that is possible - though I doubt it will be flexed out.

To start off, the games on other nights can't be moved, so that eliminates Jets at Bills and Ravens at Packers. Then each network gets to 'protect' one game - i.e., they get to keep it, it can't be moved to NBC's SNF - so that eliminates the Titans at Colts and Cowboys at Giants.

Now cross off games involving at least one team that is obviously not worthy of being flexed:
Bucs at Panthers
Rams at Bears
Raiders at Steelers
Lions at Bengals
Broncos at Chiefs
Texans at Jaguars
Chargers at Browns
49ers at Seahawks

That only leaves the following possibilities:
Eagles at Falcons
Vikings at Cardinals
Saints at Redskins

The first two look like good matchups that could have playoff implications, but I don't think Atlanta or Arizona have enough of a following to make the switch worthwhile; the ratings would probably be lower than the Pats-Dolphins.

That leaves New Orleans versus Washington. The Redskins have a big following and do well in the ratings, but their team stinks this year; it's very doubtful that this will be a competitive game. The wildcard in the idea of moving this game to Sunday Night however is this: what if the Saints are still undefeated heading into this game? If that is the case NBC might want to hype that angle, especially if the Dolphins have fallen out of the playoff race by then. But even if that were to happen though, I think CBS would still broadcast the Pats-Dolphins across most of the country Sunday afternoon, considering the other games they have available that day.

good breakdown, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back