PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 Pats at Browns post-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browns dominated this game plain and simple.A wake up call.Now you can understand why nobody respects this team's 6-1 start.

The defense geared up for the run all day... and yet we still allowed 185 yards rushing. :ugh:

I hate the Lions. They should have had this game wrapped up.

What a bunch of damn fools.

Detroit kicker got crushed on a cheap shot
Replacement missed the extra point and allowed the Jet comeback
Godell will have no comment

I know we are 6-2, but we were terrible! An improvement is needed.

That is all I will say, otherwise I will get annoyed!

Actually, I did say a few weeks back, that I thought Brady should throw Hernz a couple of TDs for his birthday!

Last edited:
Mangini And the Browns have ALWAYS play us tough, i thought this was going to be ugly. I thought an ugly win, not an ugly beat down.

Jets win. Pats offense has few playmakers, D giving it up on third down. Steelers and Colts coming up.

The offense (post Buffalo game) has struggled to consistently move the ball. The WRs don't get open consistently. The run game has struggled since the Miami game with the exception of the 2nd half last week. There have been a lot of 3 and outs. The defense has struggled to get off the field on 3rd down and is giving up a lot of long drives. This has resulted in terrible time of possession numbers.

They've overcome this by making timely big plays and playing virtually mistake free football - no turnovers, no bad penalties. They weren't able to do those things today. Cleveland exposed the weaknesses on offense and defense.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the loss to Mangini & the Jets when he played us after a bye.
One thing he learned from Bill was how to win a game when you have 2 wks to prepare.

Last edited:
My expectations for this team arent high.Brady has been awful on the road coming back to last year.I am starting to get a little worried about his play.:(

Reminds me of the loss to Mangini & the Jets when he played us after a bye.
One thing he learned from Bill was how to win a game when you have 2 wks to prepare.
Yeah it does, i was worried when i heard Mangina had 2 weeks to prepare.

My expectations for this team arent high.Brady has been awful on the road coming back to last year.I am starting to get a little worried about his play.:(
Yeah what were they last week or the week before, Or do you change your expectations week to week?

Last edited:
Re: It's Official: The Patriots just got trapped

Why are some people worrying about home field advantage?

I would worry about making the playoffs first

YouTube - Playoffs??? The Sound Byte

Sorry, just had ta.:D

Look, Tate, Hernandez AND Gronk all came out and played poorly. How many times will ALL of them have that kind of game simultaneously?

My question is the O line play, especially the interior line, especially out of the shotgun. Matty is not a huge LT. He has never been one to stone a DE. He directs their charge on a looong loop around to the middle. Tommy should never still be standing there. Tom, of "so good at moving in the pocket" Brady is getting hit, or throwing it away. Why? because there is no space for him to move in. THAT is where the failure has been. I wouldn't run gun or spread until they figure that one out.

On D, the safeties were out of position a lot. Or was it LB's? I dunno, and I do not have it recorded because it was not televised locally. Additionally, the young D was guilty of overpersuit, and got torched on the back side, not staying home and setting the edge. That is coachable.

As I noted in the game thread:

The Patriots offense is not very good.
The Patriots defense is not very good.
The Patriots special teams are mediocre.

This team wins with coaching. On days where the coaching isn't enough to overcome the personnel issues, this team is going to get beat.

via reiss.........

Couple of sound bites from Pats: DL Vince Wilfork felt this performance came after a bad week of practice.

Rookie TE Rob Gronkowski stands up and takes accountability for mistakes -- says miscommunication on kickoff can't happen

Also says there is no excuse for him not securing the ball at the end of the second quarter.
[/quote]

Last edited:
If this thats the game deus then thats on BB!!He built this defense through the draft.I wish i had cleveland's defense and thats sad to say.:rolleyes:

via reiss.........

Rookie TE Rob Gronkowski stands up and takes accountability for mistakes -- says miscommunication on kickoff can't happen

Also says there is no excuse for him not securing the ball at the end of the second quarter.
[/QUOTE]

Yup that turnover was a key turning point in the game. Killed any momentum they had. Actually they looked flat/off all game, but time to forget about this game cause Pitt/Indy are coming :(

Trap game.....or REALITY check?

I don't think it is trapped as much as.....EXPOSED.....

I think our weaknesses just came to a head today. First and foremost, Brady is NO LONGER the same QB......he is not the same INTENSE player, stay late into the night film room study guy,work extra with his receivers, spend extra time with his OL, come from behind and beat you.....even when you do your best to stop him....guy......He has lost that mojo and fire.....He is NO LONGER as good on the road as he is in his own house......Ever since the ACL injury....he just doesn't have that poise in the pocket either.....Can't blame him.....any time you hear footsteps after an ACL playing football you have to be thinking "OH F(CK.....NOT AGAIN!!!!"

Now on to our defense......they are young, raw, and trying to learn to play as a unit. It will take time......They have been playing out of their minds since the Miami game.....today they came back to earth like it was the Jests game. Their inexperience was highlighted and EXPOSED.

Offense: Maybe we should have gradually worked Logan into the mix.......but our OL played horribly and were beaten like dogs at LOS. Secondly, we ARE missing Randy Moss......even when he dogged it out there......he DREW ALOT of coverage (mostly double) away....and allowed for our other receivers to get involved. Kept the opposing D guessing......also opened up the running game. Now, we have NO REPLACEMENT for Randy Moss. Tate is a #3 at best. Welker is disappearing like Casper the ghost out there......and looking downright average. Edelman has hardly gotten on field. Hernandez looks like Ben Watson overall.....flashes of brilliance combined with jaw dropping bumbling. Gronk has been good overall in his limited role.....but HORRIBLE today......Thank the lord for woodhead....this kid has been amazing!!!! The biggest evidence that Ryan is a jacka## as a coach starts here.....HOW do you let a guy like this leave your team?

Coaching: BB got b!tch slapped today by Man-gina..........Once again, BB's makeshift coaching staff has been flying under the radar for the past few weeks.....No seasoned vet OC/DC on board....BB going with marginal coaches to help run the game....and today it reared its ugly head. Expect the same thing next week against Pitt.......and to be realistic......these are your 2010 NE PATS........inconsistent. They are going to play great at times.....going to make you think they could win it all. But in reality, we are a really inexperienced, rebuilding team with a QB that will probably never again be "THAT Tom Brady"...........be realistic fellow pats fans....going to be a up and down year, and overall rebuilding towards the future....GO PATS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back