PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 Pats at Browns post-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interception

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Don't worry.

YouTube - Bob Marley- Three Little Birds (With Lyrics!)

At the beginning of the year, we had prediction threads for the Patriots. Majority of the answers stated that we'd be 11-5 at best.
We're 6-2, tied for the #1 spot in the NFL.

Our rookies just got some humbling and learned some more.

It's Official: The Patriots just got trapped

Some uninspired football by all today. You could just tell from the opening kickoff that the whole team looked off.
Hopefully the Lions can hold off the Jets and this loss won't hurt too much. Although they just let the rest of the AFC back in the race for homefield advantage.
Damn, this one hurts.

Re: It's Official: The Patriots just got trapped

Some uninspired football by all today. You could just tell from the opening kickoff that the whole team looked off.
Hopefully the Lions can hold off the Jets and this loss won't hurt too much. Although they just let the rest of the AFC back in the race for homefield advantage.
Damn, this one hurts.

Not to be facetious, but it was always going to be a dogfight for HFA.

There's no such thing as a "trap game".

The Browns just outplayed the Pats.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

6-2 in the first half of the season isn't bad for a very young team with a terrible defense and no running game. Unfortunately, as I said in the thread where the guy predicted a 14-2 record, I said I predicted 10-6. He said I was nuts thinking we'd go 5-5 the rest of the way. Doesn't seem unrealistic now. We aren't as good as our 6-1 showed, and we aren't as bad as we showed today. This is young rebuilding team, not an elite team (yet).

6-2 in the first half of the season isn't bad for a very young team with a terrible defense and no running game. Unfortunately, as I said in the thread where the guy predicted a 14-2 record, I said I predicted 10-6. He said I was nuts thinking we'd go 5-5 the rest of the way. Doesn't seem unrealistic now. We aren't as good as our 6-1 showed, and we aren't as bad as we showed today. This is young rebuilding team, not an elite team (yet).
True, although we may be closer to what we showed today than to an elite team. There have been problems stopping the pass all year, and the running game has been questionable too despite the ypc average. We've been able to win games by virtue of making fewer mistakes than our opponents; that is partially by chance and today Lady Luck faced the other way.

A lot of bad/poor things happened today in all aspects of the game. Everybody has a lot of thinking to do before we face the Steelers.

However, sometimes you need a loss to really hammer the message home. We had a few lucky escapes over recent weeks IMO, and I was hoping that we could learn and still move forward without something like today happening.

Well, enough mistakes today to lose several games and hopefully this ass-kicking will wake everybody up. Let´s see how this team turns out the next few weeks. Have fun watching a young team, we had our share of SB wins and maybe we get another one or two. But let´s not forget that we are complaining about a 6-2 team. We are spoiled.

Only positive thing, still. TB doesn´t turn the ball over.

Last edited:

The offense will improve. It got better even in the Reche Caldwell year.

No trap. They were dominated. A trap game to me is when one team overlooks the other. That's not the case at all here. Cleveland came out with a better game plan, and they were more physical than the Patriots.

No trap. They were dominated. A trap game to me is when one team overlooks the other. That's not the case at all here. Cleveland came out with a better game plan, and they were more physical than the Patriots.

Agreed...

The browns just outplayed us today in all aspects.

Onto PITT next.

it is what it is

Edit: nevermind. Jumped the gun.

Last edited:

There's no such thing as a "trap game".

The Browns just outplayed the Pats.

It's as simple as that.

Exactly. "Trap game", what an excuse! If it makes the homers feel any better about the lose, go ahead and call it a "Trap Game"

Time of possesion

Time of possesion. Browns 38:08 Pats 21:52.It has been a problem recently.Defense cant get off the field and the offense cant substain long drives.

What can you really say. We spotted them an early lead, and they pounded us. They played like the 6-1 team.

Re: Time of possesion

The drops and low/high throws contribute to that TOP diffrence. We need someone who can consistently catch the ball and in tight spots where Brady likes to put it. Its one thing to not get great separation but its another to drop the ball when its put in your damn chest. The play calling was fairly predictable as well.

What can you really say. We spotted them an early lead, and they pounded us. They played like the 6-1 team.

Yep, you go down 10 early, they're all fired up. Rookie mistakes. It just snowballs into an utter disaster. Just awful.

I take comfort in the fact is that it is NEVER as bad as it looks.

What was especially frustrating to me was the fact that we couldn't stop the run when we knew it was coming.

Are you not Entertained?

C'mon Pat's fans
Admit it
This is a rebuiding year
Too many kids
Not enough experience to play on a consistent basis every week
So they had a brainfart.....
The fact that they are 6-2 is to me amazing
One can only hope they learn from these games and get mentally tougher and sharper
Too many mistakes today

Why are some people worrying about home field advantage?

I would worry about making the playoffs first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back