PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7: Pats win, but what about the coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the coaching is a bigger problem than the players

the game planning ain't lining up with the team's strengths, and the halftime adjustments are making things worse.

my biggest reason for saying it's the coaching is that the pats appear to be underachieving in every facet of the game. It can't be ALL the players

Bingo! And when you consider the Pass D problems have persisted for years, through several personnel changes, the fact becomes clearer - the pass D strategy employed by BB isn't the greatest. Too many times Pats players are in the wrong position, posture, placements, you name it. It may be good enough to get us to the SB but evidently not good enough to win it. What else should matter? Are we playing for second place now?

The decision to have McCourty carry the ball out of the endzone was pretty questionable as well. At the very least, giving him the ability to make that decision was questionable (assuming that he had it). Getting the ball at the 20 with 2:06 to go would have done the trick.

Remember when people talked about playing the Pats and not knowing what defensive wrinkles that Belichick will throw at them. i certainly haven't seen any wrinkles in a long time. I truly think it's a case of nervous, uninspired coaching and not necessarily the personnel. I hate the zone defense the Pats play consistently it make every other teams QB look like a superstar. Why is we can see it but BB doesn't. Is he just stubborn and wants to prove to the world that he can win with anyone and with any scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down