PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 6 TV Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Mostly good news for out of town fans - with the exception of two areas that I know include many Pats fans on this site.

NFL TV Distribution Maps

The good news is that CBS has the doubleheader, lessening your chances of not seeing this week's game. And there are just two late games for CBS, which meant there was a 50-50 chance of seeing the Pats. Add to that the other game was between the Jets (just lost two in a row) and the Bills - would there really be anybody interested in seeing them after losing to the Browns 6-3?

Apparently there were a couple of markets outside of the Jets and Bills viewing area that felt they either had a lot of transplanted New York residents, people were still interested in TO, or their viewership didn't care to see the Pats again (though that logic apparently does not apply to the Cowboys, Giants or Steelers.)

Sorry SoCal and Florida: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will be calling the game at your local sports bar but not in your living room.

NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 6 Late

For the early games New England and most of the country gets the Ravens at Vikings on CBS, and the Giants at Saints on Fox.

NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 6 Early

so lame...

Who knows, though- it said we were going to get the Atlanta/NE game, and it turned out that we didn't. Gotta hold out hope that that's the case again here. Watching games in sports bars here can be kind of a pain if you don't go to the right place- southern californians absolutely hate brady/belichick for some reason.

Last edited:
Mostly good news for out of town fans - with the exception of two areas that I know include many Pats fans on this site.

NFL TV Distribution Maps

The good news is that CBS has the doubleheader, lessening your chances of not seeing this week's game. And there are just two late games for CBS, which meant there was a 50-50 chance of seeing the Pats. Add to that the other game was between the Jets (just lost two in a row) and the Bills - would there really be anybody interested in seeing them after losing to the Browns 6-3?

Apparently there were a couple of markets outside of the Jets and Bills viewing area that felt they either had a lot of transplanted New York residents, people were still interested in TO, or their viewership didn't care to see the Pats again (though that logic apparently does not apply to the Cowboys, Giants or Steelers.)

Sorry SoCal and Florida: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will be calling the game at your local sports bar but not in your living room.

NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 6 Late

For the early games New England and most of the country gets the Ravens at Vikings on CBS, and the Giants at Saints on Fox.

dont know why the pats game is not blacked out in the bay area with the local phl@oak game also on..
lastweek they blacked out the pats game because of a local 49er Fox game.

so lame...

Who knows, though- it said we were going to get the Atlanta/NE game, and it turned out that we didn't. Gotta hold out hope that that's the case again here. Watching games in sports bars here can be kind of a pain if you don't go to the right place- southern californians absolutely hate brady/belichick for some reason.
My suggestion is for SoCal and Fla fans to call their local CBS station and biatch. I'm sure that is what Jets fans did earlier this season when they were not on tv but the Pats were, resulting in those station's decision to now go with the Jets-Bills rather than Pats-Titans. Obviously the Pats game was the network's national game of choice this week outside the Bills' and Jets' television markets.

actually it is blacked out in the bay area i have to morning games and no afternoon game after 1pm . :mad:

Last edited:
actually it is blacked out in the bay area i have to morning games and no afternoon game after 1pm . :mad:

Cheers/Seinfeld reruns + aggressive boozing ftw

DC is getting the freaking JETS? ugh. That makes very little sense to me. The Jets, despite being from New York, are not a bigger draw than the Pats outside of New York. Considering the amount of New England transplants in the DC Area and a much greater national interest in the Pats (love em or hate em), I am shocked by this.

Yeah, what's up with that in DC? Maybe I'll see if my antenna can reach the baltimore station, as that looks like it is airing the Pats instead.

great the entire country gets the game except San Diego.

Always good to see large parts of the country getting the Pats game, increases my chance of finding a stream.

Between the Pats, Vikes, and that MLS game between the Galaxy and Dynamo to determine who is first place in the West..... damn Sunday will be one exciting day. Sadly no Pats here next week since apparently CBS feels that we should get that Jests/Failders game instead.

WOW that is a pleasant suprise I must say. I didn't think CBS would have the doubleheader again this week.

6 straight weeks I get to see the Pats, this is unprecented and probably never will happen again. That's awesome though!

raider blackout and iam stuck with arz/seattle and no cbs late game :mad:

raider blackout and iam stuck with arz/seattle and no cbs late game :mad:
So the bay area usually gets only one early game and one late game, because they can't broadcast another game when either the 49ers or raiders are home right? And because of the Raiders not selling out you now only get one game instead of three like most of the country?

I was going to say the sports bars there probably do a brisk business but since the early game is 10 am there, that's probably not the case either I would imagine. My condolences.

So the bay area usually gets only one early game and one late game, because they can't broadcast another game when either the 49ers or raiders are home right? And because of the Raiders not selling out you now only get one game instead of three like most of the country?

I was going to say the sports bars there probably do a brisk business but since the early game is 10 am there, that's probably not the case either I would imagine. My condolences.
well most areas get two i would think if their local game is sold out unless you luck out that pats are part of a double header. when i was i boston ,when the pats game was on the other network -fox for e.g -didnt show any game. but a cbs double header could endup in 3 games.
its a1pm gamehere so i was hoping that with the raider blackout they would show the no-nyg game inthe AM and the pats gamein the afternoon. instead its ray ray vs favre at 10am and warner vs hasselback @1.

well most areas get two i would think if their local game is sold out unless you luck out that pats are part of a double header. when i was i boston ,when the pats game was on the other network -fox for e.g -didnt show any game. but a cbs double header could endup in 3 games.
its a1pm gamehere so i was hoping that with the raider blackout they would show the no-nyg game inthe AM and the pats gamein the afternoon. instead its ray ray vs favre at 10am and warner vs hasselback @1.
Sadly, the Raiders are on Fox this week. If they hosted an AFC team, their blackout would mean the Pats shown in their slot as part of the double-header. Because the Raiders were on Fox, though, the local affiliates had already set their programming to have the afternoon game on Fox and nothing opposite it. Then the Raiders didn't sell out, but only the Fox game changed, not the rest of the programming, including adding the 2nd CBS game.

Bunch of bullfeces.

Regards,
Chris

Sadly, the Raiders are on Fox this week. If they hosted an AFC team, their blackout would mean the Pats shown in their slot as part of the double-header. Because the Raiders were on Fox, though, the local affiliates had already set their programming to have the afternoon game on Fox and nothing opposite it. Then the Raiders didn't sell out, but only the Fox game changed, not the rest of the programming, including adding the 2nd CBS game.

Bunch of bullfeces.

Regards,
Chris
actually my dish network tv guide shows 2 morning games bal/min and nyg/no.iam sure that is incorrect now.

GD it CBS!!! Stop giving us that moron Nantz (I like Simms, but his partner blows) Give us Gumble and Dierdorf.

Great SanDiego gets the Jets game. :mad:

GD it CBS!!! Stop giving us that moron Nantz (I like Simms, but his partner blows) Give us Gumble and Dierdorf.

well..at least you get to mute and watch the game...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back