PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 6 NFL Coverage Map (Pats on FOX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been really lucky with the Pats coverage where I live this season. Going on week 6 and I haven't had to go to a bar yet to go watch the game. I figured for sure this week against the Bills I would have to go out but now Fox is broadcasting an all AFC game and it just happens to be the Pats game too? That's just awesome!

In theory the new policy about moving games from one network to another is to provide more distribution of games that otherwise would not get that much coverage.

The thing is, the only place that is getting the Pat-Bills game that would not have got it otherwise is in Colorado and surrounding Bronco Country states.

Sure, it evens things out so there are four early games on both networks, but I doubt those markets would be all that upset if they had to watch the Packers-Dolphins rather than the Bills-Pats.

I'm thinking this is simply the tradeoff for a switch from earlier this year (I can't recall what it was), with FOX figuring they could throw a bone to a few of their advertising clients by being able to say 'see, we got you 60 minutes worth of commercials in the 7th, 30th and 52nd markets and it doesn't cost you a single extra penny'.

Ugh I hate this. So far this season I haven't gotten a single NE afternoon game locally. And Now since Teddy Bridgewater is starting in Minnesota they want to show Minny games here just cause he went to Louisville. But Week 2, before Cassell went out, half the country got that game and here they showed Cincinnati instead. I would like the Pats but if not them I would much rather watch Cinci Play. Now I'm stuck in that lone yellow in that sea of green. Guess it's back to streaming this week.

why do we get SD Oak instead of denver @ jets? Wester MA does...

why do we get SD Oak instead of denver @ jets? Wester MA does...

Because they don't put other games against a Patriots game in the Boston market and Western Mass always shows Jets and Giants when they get the chance.

Hell a small part of the Western half of Mass showed the Jets week 1 and the Giants week 3 over the Pats

Last edited:
I used to live in a market that got maybe 5-6 Pats games total every year (except 2007 - got every game that year). No matter where I wind up after I leave CT, I'm buying the Sunday Ticket. Not ever going back to ******** games or hitting up the sports bar for 2/3 of the season. And for all the money you wind up dropping at the bar, the Sunday Ticket is probably cheaper for the season anyway. I see no reason not to get it if you're outside New England.

Hopefully Uverse gets Direct TV so I can get sunday ticket.
I used to live in a market that got maybe 5-6 Pats games total every year (except 2007 - got every game that year). No matter where I wind up after I leave CT, I'm buying the Sunday Ticket. Not ever going back to ******** games or hitting up the sports bar for 2/3 of the season. And for all the money you wind up dropping at the bar, the Sunday Ticket is probably cheaper for the season anyway. I see no reason not to get it if you're outside New England.

Direct TV is not available in my area. I have AT&T Uverse. Although, I have heard AT&T is interested in buying Direct TV. I hope it happens so I can get Sunday Ticket.

Hopefully Uverse gets Direct TV so I can get sunday ticket.

Direct TV is not available in my area. I have AT&T Uverse. Although, I have heard AT&T is interested in buying Direct TV. I hope it happens so I can get Sunday Ticket.

Wow, that's insane. I suppose it's just ignorance on my part, but I wasn't aware that there were areas where DirecTV is not available. So even the bar is not an option for you then?

Wow, that's insane. I suppose it's just ignorance on my part, but I wasn't aware that there were areas where DirecTV is not available. So even the bar is not an option for you then?

At my old house a few years back, I couldn't get DirecTV because it was completely surrounded by high rising trees so the signal would have been crap. The tech said it was like that for everyone on my block. Frodo might have a similar issue.

Because they don't put other games against a Patriots game in the Boston market and Western Mass always shows Jets and Giants when they get the chance.

Hell a small part of the Western half of Mass showed the Jets week 1 and the Giants week 3 over the Pats

Wonder what % of people out there are giants/jets fans...i think of it like CT...split in half

• UPDATES:
    • San Diego CA; Salt Lake City UT; Colorado Springs CO: NE-BUF to GB-MIA
    • New Orleans LA: GB-MIA to CHI-CAR
    • Mobile AL: CHI-CAR to GB-MIA
    • Omaha NE: NE-BUF to DET-MIN
    • Tulsa OK; South Bend IN: GB-MIA to DET-MIN
    • Albuquerque NM; Wichita and Topeka KS; Springfield and Joplin MO: GB-MIA to NE-BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes