PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 TV Maps Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tired of the Giants & Cowboys as my other games....

Good to see how much of the country is watching Pats@Broncos, gives a better chance of me being able to find a stream to watch the game :cool:

Looks like pretty much the entire country is seeing the Pats this week.
That's because it's Hoodie Bowl I. Fortunately for me It's a local game and I get to see it live. Followed (hopefully) by Phillies @ Rockies should the Rox force a Game 4 (and MLB schedules a night game).

The 1PM games in the Boston area look real bad:
OAK vs NYG
DAL vs KC

The 1PM games in the Boston area look real bad:
OAK vs NYG
DAL vs KC

Almost as bad as us here in Minny getting Pittsburgh @ Detroit. Talk about a very one sided game.

Oh, right...I forgot it was an away game for Jax this week, so it won't be blacked-out here. Just means I have to go out to the local pub to watch the Pats on DirectTV. I like to do that anyway for afternoon games, but I prefer not to for night games. Oh well, just means extra coffee on Monday morning to try and be a reasonable facsimile of my usual Monday morning self. Which frankly, is not that delightful anyway, so nobody should really notice the difference. :D

If you are looking for some PAT's fans in the area, come down to Houligan's in Palm Coast.

We had almost 30 PAT's fans there for the Raven's game.

Last edited:
And anyone wonders why the NFL has no problem protecting QB's like Tom Brady and Peyton and Big Ben, who drive the kind of viewer demand that merits coverage like that? Outside NE, they might hate us, but they sure love to watch us, even if they are hoping we lose! Bring it on!

Note to Coach Harbaugh: when the Ravens get blanket national coverage like that for a game outside their division in early October, we'll listen to you more seriously.

Note to Ray Lewis: deal with it; they don't tune in to watch you, unless, of course, they think you're going to confess to a murder or something...now that would drive some ratings!

I hope Brady and Co are ready for the national spotlight this time,3 weeks ago the team looked like chumps on national TV only to win by a miracle.

Its time to show the nation that this team is a team to be reckoned with

So tired of the Giants & Cowboys as my other games....
Yeah, I agree. Seems like one or the other or both is on ever week. On the other hand games they have been in have been the highest rated NFL game for the week three times so far. But that fact is skewed a bit by having them on for the late or night game, when ratings are expected to be higher; sort of a chicken-or-the-egg thing.

Good news for out-of-town Pats fans is that their games have been very highly rated in comparison to comparable games last year; many other NFL games (with the exception of the Favres-Packers game) are flat or even down when comparing to a game in the same time slot and same week from 2008. What that may mean is more national coverage on television as the season progresses.

Sports Media Watch: NFL

For example the Pats-Ravens game was up 59% from the CBS game in the same time slot last year, and had just as high a rating as the Sunday night Steelers-Chargers game. The Falcons-Ravens game was up 37% from last year and even though that was an early game it drew higher ratings than CBS late game or the Sunday night NBC game.

Thank God for directv sunday ticket or I would be stuck watching OAK - NYG, DAL - KC, and SEA - JAX. As much as I love watching the suckhawks lose, bring on the broncos!

Hopefully up here in the land of constant cold I'll get to see the Pats, this area is Bills tv and they play at 1pm

49ers have a home game at the same time.

The NFL doesn't allow for any other game to be on television when the local team is playing at home. I guess they feel it will eliminate the possibilty of people staying at home and not using their tickets to watch a better game on tv.
Thank God I don't live in an NFL Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes