PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 Television Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
For the out-of-towners without Sunday Ticket or Slingbox, it looks like it may be another week or channelsurfing.net or a local sports bar - unless you want to once again see the Dallas Cowboys on TV.

Besides the New England area, the Pats-49ers game will be seen in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and most of California. Western New York and Arizona get the Cardinals-Bills, while the rest of the US gets to see Dallas beat up the Bengals.

NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 5 Late

CBS only gets the Cowboys once or twice a year so they are always going to be the national game, although if Brady were healthy then I would expect that Pats-49ers would've been televised in more markets.

CBS only gets the Cowboys once or twice a year so they are always going to be the national game, although if Brady were healthy then I would expect that Pats-49ers would've been televised in more markets.
That's very true, good point. It's all about ratings, which needs casual fans to achieve those numbers. A team like the Cowboys with names that people recognize, even if they either don't follow football (Romo - thanks to Simpson) or only follow their local team (TO - thanks to his big mouth) will draw more viewers than any other game. Add to that the fact that Dallas scores a lot of points - always a crowd pleaser - and have a very large fan base, and it's a no-brainer for CBS.

It's just that for someone like me, who follows all the NFL, I'd like to see another team once in a while; Dallas has been on Sunday night, Monday night, the only late game on FOX, and now (practically) the only late game on CBS over the past four weeks.

Aw, this flat out blows, I figured we'd get it here in FL as a late game being an AFC east team. Stupid NFL Directv crappy decisions. Stupider Comcast friggin lack of bidding.

Im pretty sure my cbs feed is out of Spokane, Washington so I guess Im in luck this week.

Wow! CBS got screwed having the late game this week. Not one remotely interesting game out of the three. I can't see anyone watching any of those game unless they are fans of the teams playing or such die hard football fans that they will watch any team play football.

Wow! CBS got screwed having the late game this week. Not one remotely interesting game out of the three. I can't see anyone watching any of those game unless they are fans of the teams playing or such die hard football fans that they will watch any team play football.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Dallas-Cincinnati looked compelling on paper six months ago based on the two offenses. The Bengals went from possible playoff contender to throwing in the towel before the season even started.

It would be cool if the Bengals could hang a "L" on the Cowboys.

Wow. Could you imagine the shockwaves in the Cowboys' lockerroom after that? Anyhoo, looks like it's another week at the Wing House for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye