PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 vs Atlanta Falcons discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the level of uber-confidence here.... We beat the lousy Bucs and people of all of a sudden think we can walk into their house and beat the Falcons like its a walk in the park. Tone it down fellas, the Falcons are not the Bucs, Ryan is not Freeman, and we are not playing at home. Ryan will light up our secondary like marshmallows over open fire, and I'm still not sure how our rookies will perform in a loud-***** dome, on a primetime nationally televised game.
The confidence level or lack of confidence of a fan on a message board has no impact on the game.

The confidence level or lack of confidence of a fan on a message board has no impact on the game.

no-****-sherlock-2.jpg

Wow, the level of uber-confidence here.... We beat the lousy Bucs and people of all of a sudden think we can walk into their house and beat the Falcons like its a walk in the park. Tone it down fellas, the Falcons are not the Bucs, Ryan is not Freeman, and we are not playing at home. Ryan will light up our secondary like marshmallows over open fire, and I'm still not sure how our rookies will perform in a loud-***** dome, on a primetime nationally televised game.

The rest is ok , but they dont have a loud dome, their fans pretty much suck for noise. We know. You get 14 points ahead by the ½ the stands are empty. Thats Atlanta

If Gronk is ready to play, I see this as a favorable match up for the Patriots, especially with the youth brigade in Atlanta's secondary.

i read somewhere this morning that Gronk's back is fine, but it's his arm that he is STILL having trouble regaining strength. If that's the case, gronk won't be back for a few more weeks.

Today was good game for us but I get the feeling people are taking ATL lightly here with some "ripe for the picking" type feeling among some. This is real test for our team. If we were playing them @home I would agree with most sentiments here.

We dont know vollmer's injury status. Plus our offense is still inconsistent and with the first SNF/national game on the road in the dome for the rookies,remains to be see how they react. This is going to be as tough as it gets for the rookies next week.
As JMC00 already mentioned, it works both ways.

Their injuries are worse than the Patriots. I know there are sky-is-falling fans out there that can't fathom that and believe New England is the only team with injuries, but other teams have injuries too. The Falcons have a lot more to significant starters all throughout their line up.

They're the walking wounded. Teams with that much health issues to key guys don't generally play well. That's just a fact of how things work in football and any sport.

And this same Falcons team barely held off a bad Rams team (who put up 420 yards) after being up 24-3 at halftime (final score was 31-24) in that same dome.

No, they were 3 yards from winning and couldnt beat our defense. Falcons are ok , but not a team. No, I dont see you beating NE.
All I am saying is that you have a very arrogant attitude as if you dominated the Falcons when, like I said, you were 3 yards away from losing at home.

Patriots will not take the Falcons lightly, and they will need to play well to win.

All I am saying is that you have a very arrogant attitude as if you dominated the Falcons when, like I said, you were 3 yards away from losing at home.

Patriots will not take the Falcons lightly, and they will need to play well to win.

falcons and saints are one of the worst rivalies in football that no one knows about, we are very arrognat in the peyton era 10-3, and 1 win because we had no coach. We know how to beat this team, and 3 yards doesnt matter, its always inches.

Youll need to play very well, not so much in the second half, that defense breaks down in the 2nd. Shut down gonzalez, the run , and the bump the WR's and the falcons will die. Thats what we do. But, im sure BB is calling SP and looking how we dominate them anyway.

Julio Jones:

27 receptions (tied league lead)
373 receiving yards (league leader)
2 TDs

By far Talib's toughest test of the season. After Calvin Johnson, 3rd year Julio Jones might be the 2nd best WR in the NFL.

its Sunday night vs a team with two real stars at WR and a QB that passed for almost 5000 yards last year this is the first real big test for the defense,

Brady will get Gronk back so you know he will be happy and should have he's first 300 yards game of the season it should be a close game but if there is any time to play the Falcons its now they have some injuries and they are still trying to work with there defense that is playing bad right now

I missed the Patriots' announcement of Gronk coming back next Sunday

Julio Jones:

373 receiving yards (league leader)
2 TDs

By far Talib's toughest test of the season. After Calvin Johnson, 3rd year Julio Jones might be the 2nd best WR in the NFL.

Yet it hasn't really done a thing for them as they sit at 1-2

I think we are pretty familiar with the guy who he is tied with.

Pumped for this game, I think they will beat these guys. Gronk and Amendola would be huge obviously but they'd have a good shot without them.

Atlanta's run D is anything but swiss cheese. I'd argue it's the strength of their defense. Maybe we can run better on them with Sean Weatherspoon out.

Another important fact, Miami was at home versus Atlanta. We're on the road at Atlanta.

I honestly think Ridley-Vereen-Bolden is the best 1-2-3 RB corps in the entire NFL. Blount is also a decent power-back and then Washington isn't too bad either.

Best, deepest RB corps in the NFL

I'd love to see us continue with using Bolden in Vereen's role

That's not arrogance, that's good ole fashioned division rivalry hatred....:rocker:

Injuries have decimated them, especially their lines in the trenches. The Patriots have injuries too, but theirs are more poignant.

All of that attrition makes them extremely vulnerable next week for a good ol' butt whooping.

Methinks that was not the word you're looking for. ;)

Methinks that was not the word you're looking for. ;)
Err...

British English: poignant Something that is poignant affects you deeply and makes you feel sadness or regret.

So for Falcons fans, all of the injuries to their favorite team have been more poignant. :)

Atlanta was sloppy today. Lots of little mistakes. Miami deserved to win, but Miami is not as good as their record would indicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back