PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 Thursday Night Football - Giants at Washington

Sloppy football and zebras throwing flags is what I've been seeing so far on Sundays too. ;)

The condensed version, watched the next day in Europe (no one to give away the score) was quite entertaining until Cousins' meltdown.

Maybe the flags, but the level of play is much more crisp on a Sunday than it is on a shortened week.

I didn't see the game as particularly awful until Washington went into turnover mode. And, though it was pretty atrocious, that can happen to a back-up QB. The CBS crew is certainly a step up from the people who were doing the games when it was just the NFL network.

Yet another Thursday night blow out. Again, this is why Thursday night games suck. It always seems one team comes to play and the other team is flat.

The Redskins were pretty much in the game with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, trailing by 10 points and they got a 3 and out on the Giants offense, then, Kirk Cousins and only him started that freak show, threw a pick, the Redskins defense recovered the ball with a fumble in the end zone, then we threw a pick again immediately. Tebow would give Washington a better chance yesterday.

Mallet >>> Cousin.s

The Cousins meltdown shows that backups (Cousins, Mallett, etc.) are often over hyped.

I missed the first two quarters and the first part of the 3rd quarter, but only watched 20 minutes of what appeared to be a game of toss-the-ball-to-anyone-not-wearing-a-burgundy shirt. Most of the guys in the white shirts were so open (even when they were defending). After the 4th Cousins' INT, I couldn't take it anymore and switched off.

It's very hard to dismiss the notion that this game was rigged. I know its really difficult to do that but the DC'ers were just so awful in nearly every phase of football. It might have been a contest in the first half but what I saw bore little resemblance to what I expect from an NFL match-up. Wonder how long the Giants swagger will last this time around, I'm going to have to switch of sports radio for a week at least.

I missed the first two quarters and the first part of the 3rd quarter, but only watched 20 minutes of what appeared to be a game of toss-the-ball-to-anyone-not-wearing-a-burgundy shirt. Most of the guys in the white shirts were so open (even when they were defending). After the 4th Cousins' INT, I couldn't take it anymore and switched off.

It's very hard to dismiss the notion that this game was rigged. I know its really difficult to do that but the DC'ers were just so awful in nearly every phase of football. It might have been a contest in the first half but what I saw bore little resemblance to what I expect from an NFL match-up. Wonder how long the Giants swagger will last this time around, I'm going to have to switch of sports radio for a week at least.

Why do you suppose last night was rigged? I firmly believe that at least 3-4 games per year are fixed, but am not so sure about last night.

Thursday Night Football is a ****ty, inferior product. Once again, I watched the first few minutes of the game and saw some sloppy football and men dressed like zebras throwing flags all over the field and turned it off. I wish the NFL would just do away with it.

As long as another team is playing it really doesn't bother me.

Why do you suppose last night was rigged? I firmly believe that at least 3-4 games per year are fixed, but am not so sure about last night.

Bad phrasing on my part..... I didn't intend to say it was rigged, just that it was hard to believe that the teams could be so polarized in their execution of plays. On re-reading the original I realize I should have include a "not" between "was" and "rigged".

Every so often a game turns up where that nagging thought of external influence comes to mind... yet within days the impression has faded.

What does TNF really stand for, Terrible Night Football?

The Cousins meltdown shows that backups (Cousins, Mallett, etc.) are often over hyped.

As the old saw goes, the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back