PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
packers got screwed...again...

Yeah, the call was bad. But it's also on Mike McCarthy for having wasted his challenges, which is a frequent problem with him.

Yeah it was a horrible decision to challenge what they did. I don't know if that play was reviweable because they don't know who recovered it but still a tactical error.

Yeah it was a horrible decision to challenge what they did. I don't know if that play was reviweable because they don't know who recovered it but still a tactical error.

Pereira Twitter:

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Not pretty in GB even with a challenge that wouldn't have been overturned but it doesn't excuse the fact it was a bad call.

Have to give it to the Fins. They're playing hard for Philbin.

The Pats win and the other 3 AFC East teams lose...great success!!!

Green Bay should hang on now.

Tiquan with a big catch in the TB-WAS game

Wow that holding penalty was huge.

I'm still awestruck how piss poor clock management is by NFL teams. If you don't take that timeout at 2:44 then Packers have to run another play before the 2 minute warning and you still have the TO afterwards. Saints just cost themselves 40 seconds, in the case that they do stop GB

David Thomas strikes again.

Someone needs to get a restraining order from the green bay zoo. I have a feeling when this game ends, someone in green is going to be seen punching a zebra in the snout! Seems they might pull out a win just barely but even still, I'd be a little angry if this were my team.

Here's something I don't get about the excessive celebration penalty.

So it's an automatic penalty if you "go to the ground" after scoring a TD... except, apparently, if you're kneeling in prayer.

So is kneeling the only prayer posture exempted? If a muslim player prostrated himself to Allah, is that allowed? How about a Buddhist or Hindu sitting cross-legged?

What about incorporating prayer with non-prayer movements? Can you do somersaults if you're crossing yourself in the process? If you say an "Our Father" or sing a Hymn, can you hump the ground magic mike style without being penalized?

Should the refs have some sort of chaplain on hand to help with the rulings on this?

Pereira Twitter:

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Not pretty in GB even with a challenge that wouldn't have been overturned but it doesn't excuse the fact it was a bad call.

Figured as much. Those ones are tough because it's really not an easy ruling to make in real time and after that there's nothing the ref can do about it.

GB wins it on the conversion.

Someone needs to get a restraining order from the green bay zoo. I have a feeling when this game ends, someone in green is going to be seen punching a zebra in the snout! Seems they might pull out a win just barely but even still, I'd be a little angry if this were my team.

Yah

I mean it's not like the refs cost US 2 losses :p

David Thomas strikes again.

Oh wow didn't even realize that was DAVID Thomas. Has any less productive a player ever directly cost his team(s) 2 wins? Still pissed off at that idiot for 2008 @ Indy

Yah

I mean it's not like the refs cost US 2 losses :p

Yeah but at least those were the replacements! If they had lost this game, I think GB would have been rioting.

Poor Billy Cundiff. According to these announcers he wasn't even close on any of his 3 misses today. His career is most likely over if that's true.

Tough L for the Saints. They are missing Payton big time.

Haha the Skins are driving and it looks like this game is going to come down to a 40 or more yard attempt by Cundiff. Wonder what's going through his mind right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back