PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 NFL Coverage Map (Coverage updates: WSPA switched NE/OAK to SD/BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
REAI1vH.png

OLFm5ut.png

pDJrm3g.png

Chris Simms doing games? Yeesh CBS there were probably at least a few other guys that deserved the break over him. Nepotism much?

Chris Simms doing games? Yeesh CBS there were probably at least a few other guys that deserved the break over him. Nepotism much?

I hear he really draws in the viewers in that upper Idaho peninsula/Eastern Washington area!!

Nice. I get Jags/Colts followed by Chiefs/Dolphins. You can find Kontra at the bar again on Sunday.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
Nice. I get Jags/Colts followed by Chiefs/Dolphins. You can find Kontra at the bar again on Sunday.

Last week in Savannah, they showed the Jags over the Falcons! Ouch! Hence I'm entering my sixth season of the NFL Sunday Ticket!

I get both the Pats game and Vagiants game. I live in the tristate area of CT and we have Hartford stations and NYC stations.

A lot of the country getting stuck with Giants-Texans at 1. Meanwhile SD-Buffalo — a much more intriguing game at this point — gets no respect. heck, even some of those central states with Pats-Raiders would be better off with SD-Buff.

A lot of the country getting stuck with Giants-Texans at 1. Meanwhile SD-Buffalo — a much more intriguing game at this point — gets no respect. heck, even some of those central states with Pats-Raiders would be better off with SD-Buff.

Come Sunday I expect more than a few neutral markets that have NE/OAK and HOU/NYG to have switched to different games.

The early CBS map will change some over the next few days.

screwed again

yes... I didn't expect to get Pats-Raiders to be on here in south Florida. There are so many transplanted New Yorkers down here that I was sure that Houston-NYG would be on. Maybe the Giants slow start helped out.

The bad news is missing Seahawks-Broncos for the Dolphins-Chiefs at 4

I live in the tristate area of CT and we have Hartford stations and NYC stations.

I grew near Waterbury in the days before both cable TV and Sunday Ticket. I used to watch the Pats games on the NBC outlet out of Hartford (CH 30), the Jests games on the NBC outlet out of NYC (CH 4) and the Jints on the CBS outlet out of NYC (CH 2), all captured via the antenna on the roof of the house. Also, given that Hartford was in the NE market and the others were NYC, we'd get a good selection of the national games. Football heaven! Just as good once cable finally came through.

Also my high school football games were called on the radio by this guy called Chris Berman, whose next job was at this new fangled cable TV sports channel called ESPN, just up the road a piece in Bristol.

I get to watch the pats and then Seattle. Gonna make a good day of football sunday

Tampa and Panama City FL will now show DEN/SEA

I really do not understand the decision to broadcast the Miami game throughout Florida. The only places it should be aired are in Miami, West Palm and Fort Myers. Those are all primarily Dolphin fan markets, but not the rest of Florida. The remainder of the state would much prefer to see Denver-Seattle than the Dolphins.

Last week in Savannah, they showed the Jags over the Falcons! Ouch! Hence I'm entering my sixth season of the NFL Sunday Ticket!

Isn't Savannah considered to be Jaguars' territory, and show all of their games?

Tampa and Panama City FL will now show DEN/SEA
Local decision makers showing good business sense.

Really don't understand why the suits at network corporate headquarters haven't figured out that those markets would prefer to see the best game, and that they aren't all Dolphin fans. (The initial decision on games are decided by CBS and FOX corporate; after that local television station have to request a change to another game, as happened here.)

Isn't Savannah considered to be Jaguars' territory, and show all of their games?

yes, Savannah is 139 miles from Jacksonville, but 248 miles from Atlanta

yes, Savannah is 139 miles from Jacksonville, but 248 miles from Atlanta
If I recall correctly the NFL wanted to help Jacksonville out and create a fan base, and made certain television markets (including Orlando and Savannah) were part of the Jaguars' TV network. That would mean they would show every Jaguars game, the same way the CBS TV stations in Boston, Providence, Springfield, Maine, etc. show every Pats game.

Edit - yes, that does appear to still be the situation, even though the team's site still lists them as 'pre-season TV affiliates'.
Media Affiliates - jaguars.com

I get both the Pats game and Vagiants game. I live in the tristate area of CT and we have Hartford stations and NYC stations.

Nice deal for you guys in Fairfield County to get both stations. At the least, you've got more to flip around to during commercials. Only the Hartford stations here in New Haven County, but it works for me.

Though I miss having CSNNE from when I lived in Hartford County. Now I have to wait for the web if I want All Access...though, to be honest, I only really tuned into it toward the end of the year anyway.

Local decision makers showing good business sense.

Really don't understand why the suits at network corporate headquarters haven't figured out that those markets would prefer to see the best game, and that they aren't all Dolphin fans. (The initial decision on games are decided by CBS and FOX corporate; after that local television station have to request a change to another game, as happened here.)

Yeah, I don't remember a ton of Lolphin fans during my time and travels to the Tampa area. DEN-SEA makes a lot more sense. I suspect more of northern Florida will be moved over as well, and maybe western Kansas too.

I really do not understand the decision to broadcast the Miami game throughout Florida. The only places it should be aired are in Miami, West Palm and Fort Myers. Those are all primarily Dolphin fan markets, but not the rest of Florida. The remainder of the state would much prefer to see Denver-Seattle than the Dolphins.

It should go up to Orlando and split that market (CBS and Fox) with the Bucs. There are a TON of Dolphins fans in Orlando. It should stop there, though. I can tell you most of the people I know in Jax (I'm kind of a big deal :)) would rather watch Seahawks/Broncos. I'll just have to remember not to drink too fast for the Pats game if I'm staying there for the 4:00 games or I'll be blasted drunk by the time the afternoon games are over.

Savannah shows a lot of Jags games. There are people that drive from Savannah to Jacksonville for every home game. Now that's loyalty. Those people are freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes