PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 -- FRITZ taking daughters to the Razor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Thanks again to all those experts who successfully helped me navigate a treacherous BBQ last Sunday, and watch OUR PATS dismantle the Jest and Tubby Ratfink their coach.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...004-week-2-getting-out-bbq-see-pats-game.html

This week, as many of us return to The Razor, I face a new dilemma. I promised to bring my daughters (ages 15, 10). Last year's trip to the Jest game (coached by Tubby Ratfink) had to be postponed due to freezing rain. I brought my hard core pals instead. This is the payoff for them, and the weather forecast looks good this time.

Once again seeking advice:

1. Is this a good strategy -- taking daughters to the Razor? Will they become more supportive of "missing dad 8 sundays"? Or will this backfire, and they will "want in" on my season tix more often, thereby spoiling perfectly bad behaving tailgates in Nov and Dec?

2. Assuming I am locked in this week, any tips on how best to make this extra fun for them? I realize the locals in 239 will provide some entertainment -- they are NOT like the "4 guys in front of him", nor are they like the lazy Club crowd I sat with last week.

IF you have done this before, or just plain have an opinion, I'd love to hear it.

Seeking advice, FRITZ :confused:

2. Assuming I am locked in this week, any tips on how best to make this extra fun for them? I realize the locals in 239 will provide some entertainment -- they are NOT like the "4 guys in front of him", nor are they like the lazy Club crowd I sat with last week.

IF you have done this before, or just plain have an opinion, I'd love to hear it.

Have them play dress up on each other. ...players' numbers on their faces, blue and silver hair, a poster or two, tons of beads. The more outrageous the better so maybe they'll get a shot to be on TV for a second or two.

Last edited:
Thanks again to all those experts who successfully helped me navigate a treacherous BBQ last Sunday, and watch OUR PATS dismantle the Jest and Tubby Ratfink their coach.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...004-week-2-getting-out-bbq-see-pats-game.html

This week, as many of us return to The Razor, I face a new dilemma. I promised to bring my daughters (ages 15, 10). Last year's trip to the Jest game (coached by Tubby Ratfink) had to be postponed due to freezing rain. I brought my hard core pals instead. This is the payoff for them, and the weather forecast looks good this time.

Once again seeking advice:

1. Is this a good strategy -- taking daughters to the Razor? Will they become more supportive of "missing dad 8 sundays"? Or will this backfire, and they will "want in" on my season tix more often, thereby spoiling perfectly bad behaving tailgates in Nov and Dec?

There is a good chance they won't want in for November or December but will want to go to another game next fall. But you know your own daughters better than I would. Does the thought of being outside for 5 hours in zero degree weather interest them?

How does mom feel about your daughters spending time around drunk men behaving badly? Or did you shelter her too much last game?

Make sure they say hi to Pat, the guy in front of them. Pat was Pats Fan of the Year in 2007.

Plan on going to concessions once a quarter and 2-3 30 minute women's room trips. All in you should actually see 7-10 plays of the game.

Be sure to Tivo.

Took my daughter to the old stadium. She got pinched although didn't tell me about it untill later. Volitile Dad. Also took her to the 1996 playoff against Pittsburgh along with her uncles. Great tailgate. Anyhow, years later she made her MIT geek husband into a Pats fan.

I took my 11 year old daughter to the Chiefs game this year without any problems. We're up in the 300's and she had a good time, asked alot of good football questions, even though after the game she talked more about the knuckleheads in front of us who got kicked out for fighting :) She hung in there the whole day (started tailgating at 8:30AM).

I've taken her and my youngest daughter (nine) to preseason games as well. And my buddy who has tickets with us is always taking one of his girls (14 year old game one, this Sunday his 16 year old), again no problems at all.

The only issue, my 13 year old son is asking why he doesn't get to go to as many games any more, I told him to stop complaining, he gets to go to playoff games because he can handle the bad weather! Even though I think he's getting old enough to realize the cheerleaders wear more layers in the cold weather ;)

Last edited:
How does mom feel about your daughters spending time around drunk men behaving badly? Or did you shelter her too much last game?

good question! yes, Mom was in Club Level, week 1, so she prolly doesnt realize that the "regular" seats are a bit rowdier.

that said, most of the real horro stories are from Sullivan Stadium days. current crowd is MUCH better.

I like the dress up idea! (not like cheerleaders :eek:)

Other fun thoughts?

This is nice to see. My wife is pregnant and while I am rooting for a boy its nice to know that if I have a daughter that I can take her to sporting events as well. It sounds like you guys generally have a good time with them.

I took my girls to preseason games when they were 8 and 6. They loved the popcorn and crowd cheering. They didn't care about the game, but they were very young for it. Everyone around us was very nice to them, inebriated or not.

Have them play dress up on each other. ...players' numbers on their faces, blue and silver hair, a poster or two, tons of beads. The more outrageous the better so maybe they'll get a shot to be on TV for a second or two.

excellent, girls like to play dress up, right? tho this is the Leftover Tuna Noodle-Arm Casserole Game, not the playoffs....might be over the top.

also, on the bathroom lines, i guess i will deny all liquids afte the tailgate!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes