PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2 vs Chargers is for HFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Looking (way) ahead, I predict that even though it will take place in only Week 2, the Chargers/Pats game will be for home field advantage in the AFC. If the Patriots win, as I believe we will, we will host the AFC Championship game - and not necessarily against the Chargers. I have a feeling we will be hosting Indy, and avenge our recent losses to them over the last couple of years.

What do you think?

QB12

I truly admire your superior powers of clairvoyance. Do you by chance bet on the horses? If so, I have some questions for you that need answers before the upcoming weekend.

You don't happen to be a former NBA referee do you?

I truly admire your superior powers of clairvoyance. Do you by chance bet on the horses? If so, I have some questions for you that need answers before the upcoming weekend.

Keep practicin' Clev.

QB12

Looking (way) ahead, I predict that even though it will take place in only Week 2, the Chargers/Pats game will be for home field advantage in the AFC. If the Patriots win, as I believe we will, we will host the AFC Championship game - and not necessarily against the Chargers. I have a feeling we will be hosting Indy, and avenge our recent losses to them over the last couple of years.

What do you think?

QB12

I'd rather see the Chargers come here for the AFCCG. If the Pats are going to demoralize a team, it might as well be two years in a row.

I'd rather see the Chargers come here for the AFCCG. If the Pats are going to demoralize a team, it might as well be two years in a row.

No, I have to disagree, I would rather the Pats do it to the Chargers the week before and then, in Foxboro, see Manning walking off of the field shaking his head in disgust thinking about how he is going to throw all of his team under the bus in the press conference to follow.

No, I have to disagree, I would rather the Pats do it to the Chargers the week before and then, in Foxboro, see Manning walking off of the field shaking his head in disgust thinking about how he is going to throw all of his team under the bus in the press conference to follow.
\

Peyton Manning back to starring in Groundhog Day, or Rivers crying one on the sideline and LT whining like a schoolgirl. Tough choice.

Yeah, but I've read that book. It's time to show the Chargers what it's like to play the big game in frigid Foxboro and put that dog to rest for good.

This is worth repeating.

The more I think about it the more this game reminds me of the Pittsburgh game in 05. We had "upset" them at their home field in the playoffs and now they were looking for revenge. Similar situation with the Chargers this year. Hopefully it will turn out the same way minus the inuries. IIRC we lost Rodney and Matt Light for the season in that Steeler game. This will be the home opener, the debut of Randy Moss and all the other studs we acquired this offseason, on National TV as well... I think it's a chance to really set the tone for a special season. For us... or them. Let's see how good LT2 really is because I'd bet they're gonna run him into the ground against us. That's what they didn't do in the Playoffs against us and the reason probably why they lost. This is gonna be a great football game.

I choo choo choose to see Shanahan twisting his face into a whole new sort of grimace as the Patriots defeat Denver embarassingly to advance to the Super Bowl.

I choo choo choose to see Shanahan twisting his face into a whole new sort of grimace as the Patriots defeat Denver embarassingly to advance to the Super Bowl.

I've said it before: I want no part of Denver in the playoffs. I was rooting like hell for SF to beat them in week 17, just so there'd be no chance of NE seeing them.

NE could be the better team every year, and I still wouldn't want to see Denver in the postseason. It's just one of those things.

With last seasons AFC Division winners playing a round robin THIS season, hard to choose a single game and say that it is THE game that decides it all. I wonder if this has happened much in the past, where FOUR division winners from a previous season match up the following season (with all four being legit contenders/favorites).

I think 3-0 obviously wins it, but who will it be. I'd take 2-1 as a Colt fan.

I can't believe everyone is counting Baltimore out.

The more I think about it the more this game reminds me of the Pittsburgh game in 05. We had "upset" them at their home field in the playoffs and now they were looking for revenge. Similar situation with the Chargers this year. Hopefully it will turn out the same way minus the inuries. IIRC we lost Rodney and Matt Light for the season in that Steeler game. This will be the home opener, the debut of Randy Moss and all the other studs we acquired this offseason, on National TV as well... I think it's a chance to really set the tone for a special season. For us... or them. Let's see how good LT2 really is because I'd bet they're gonna run him into the ground against us. That's what they didn't do in the Playoffs against us and the reason probably why they lost. This is gonna be a great football game.

Don't forget losing Kevin Faulk for 8 games.

That was a very bad game for NE. It is really amazing that, despite all the turmoil, they really dominated that team and it took a couple fluke TOs and a bogus PI call just for Pitt to even have a chance.

I can't believe everyone is counting Baltimore out.

not counting them out...they just don't concern me as much as:

--Denver if Cutler makes the leap

--SD if they defy the Norv Turner experience

--Indy if they overcome the player losses

I put Baltimore with Cincinnati on the next tier--good enough to make the playoffs, but need a lot of help to make it to the SB...

What do you think?
I think the Chargers are in for a rough year, and people are underestimating the amount of upheaval they suffered during the offseason. I would bet 10-6, 11-5 at best for them which would probably put them 2-3 games off of HFA.

Yes this could be the AFCCG HFA game.

Oakland and KC look to be fighting it out for top 3 draft picks. I thought Denver would give the Bolts a tough go, but injuries to their LBs and their DL and RBs is killing their chances. So SD should have a cakewalk in their division.

The Colts will be lucky to finish in the top two in the AFCS. I've said it before and will agian. The Colts are collapsing! No depth anywhere, and starting holes galore, all over the defense. The mighty Offense is now cracking up too. Harrsion is 35. Is Troy Brown today what he was at 30? Tarik Glenn was key to keeping Manning off the turf. The rest of their line in nondescript except for Center jeff Saturday and that ain't anywhere near enough. No one behind Manning or Addai, and Harrsion and Wayne or Clark. We all saw what a rookie WR is good for last year. Call me back in year or two for Gonzalez. Ugoh might be a pretty fair LT eventually, but he has more of the look of a Matt Light type OLT at best; a good but not a tackle that makes the rest of a nondescript line look good. Meanwhile as a raw rook, Ugoh removes Dallas Clark as a receiving weapon, who will need to stay home and block...

I think it will be a three way dogfight in the AFCN and the winner could go 9-7. The AFCN winer will be the equivalent of a wildcard. Don't forget the Steelers are only a year from a SB victory.

on the paper it could be...but not so sure

I think it's only week 2 and maybe LT sprains an ankle and their team doesn't even make the playoffs.

How's that for a far fetched prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes