PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2 television coverage, Arizona Cardinals at New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
75 tickets over at the ticket exchange up for grabs:confused:

Is CT still part of New England? I only know a few people from CT and they're all NY fans. Obviously not all CT is NY fans, but apparently a majority are or they'd play the Pats instead of the Giants.

Fans have nothing to do with it. FOX is the NFC network which makes the Giants the default local team for WTIC (FOX CT) as this Giants/Patriots same time on FOX thing happens once every few years. If the Giants were ever on WFSB (CBS CT) at the same time as the Pats WFSB would show the Patriots because that is the local team they show

Last edited:
Is CT still part of New England? I only know a few people from CT and they're all NY fans. Obviously not all CT is NY fans, but apparently a majority are or they'd play the Pats instead of the Giants.

Time for CT Pats fans need to get Sunday ticket or move north!

Believe it or not most of CT is Patriot country. Fairfield and New Haven counties have been influenced by the Giants, but we are offered NY and CT local CBS and FOX channels so you'd figure these local affiliates would just show the Pats game so they didn't have to compete with the local NY station for viewers.

Thread title should be changed to alert CT/Western Mass fans that they won't be getting the game today and plan accordingly.

They will otherwise have no reason to check this thread since they get the games every week and won't be finding out until game-time.

What is the Providence channel # for Fox?

Hello all,

I live on Long Island but have a HD antenna that normally picks up the Patriots game when its pointed at Hartford. Today, that won't work as the Fox affiliate in Connecticut is covering the Giants instead.

My plan is to point the antenna towards Providence instead and pray for some luck. Anybody know what channel the Fox affiliate would be on for an over-the-air antenna (different from cable).

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Re: What is the Providence channel # for Fox?

Hello all,

I live on Long Island but have a HD antenna that normally picks up the Patriots game when its pointed at Hartford. Today, that won't work as the Fox affiliate in Connecticut is covering the Giants instead.

My plan is to point the antenna towards Providence instead and pray for some luck. Anybody know what channel the Fox affiliate would be on for an over-the-air antenna (different from cable).

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Channel 64

hate when the pats are on fox cause they always play the jinx gaints game i hope they lose just because i cant watch the pats

Fox 61 Connecticut - Thanks for Failing Geography

Connecticut is part of NEW ENGLAND.

It is NOT a suburb of New York City.

Thanks for letting us north of Hartford (AKA the majority of the state) that we don't count and that the southern part of the state is all that matters.

Ironically, the last time the Pats were bumped.... it was on Fox and the Giants played the Buccaneers.

Screw Fox.

Re: What is the Providence channel # for Fox?

That was a douche-bag response......Especially coming from a moderator on this site. Patriots Nation deserves better.

....If I asked the question, its because I'm having difficulty finding the answer

Re: Fox 61 Connecticut - Thanks for Failing Geography

Yeah no kidding, I just plunked down the dough for Sunday Ticket, just in time to see Hernandez go down.

Re: Fox 61 Connecticut - Thanks for Failing Geography

Same here. I thought for an encore they would black it out on the NFL ticket but they didn't, channel 705 has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots