PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2 Sweet 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
(Otherwise known as "Overreaction Week)

1. New England (+1) - All it took was one week for the home team to move into the top spot in the rankings, after a thoroughly dominating win on the road against a pretty solid Tennessee club, combined with a loss by the previous #1, Green Bay. Given the Pats' schedule, they may not relenquish this spot.

2. Houston (+3) - Three of my top 5 teams from last week lost, but Houston isn't one of them. An impressive 20-point win puts them at #2. They're good. Very good.

3. Denver (+3) - Another impressive performance, combined with some losses by teams ahead of them, puts Denver in the top 3. I know many folks here disagree with this, but I like their defense and if Peyton is Peyton....they're going to be really tough.

4. Baltimore (+5) - Big move up in the rankings, after a terrific win against Cincinnati last night. Dominated on both sides of the ball. Just as the thought of a Patriots team with a really good defense must send shivers down the spine of opposing coaches, so too must a Ravens team with a really good offense.

5. San Francisco (+5) - Gotta hand it to them. They looked very impressive against Green Bay. Took it to them for real.

6. Green Bay (-5) - I still think they're very good, but they have now lost two in a row, by a combined 25 points, dating back to last year.

7. Atlanta (+4) - Absolutely crushed a pretty decent KC squad. Again, the question for this club is all about the playoffs. Can they get it done there?

8. Dallas (+7) - Biggest mover in the rankings. Impressive performance against the defending champs, on the road no less.

9. NY Giants (-5) - Can't drop them out of the top 10 yet.

10. Philadelphia (-3) - Yep, moving them down after a win. Why? Because it was a very lucky win against a terrible opponent, and they looked like crap doing it.

11. Washington (N/A) - Going into New Orleans and beating up the Saints in RG3's debut? Wow. Impressive.

12. New Orleans (-9) - Loved the fight, trying to get back into the game, but boy, they were beaten up pretty good by the Redskins.

13. Chicago (--) - Looked great in their win on Sunday. Cutler-to-Marshall is lethal.

14. Detroit (-2) - Another winning team that drops in the standings. For basically the same reason Philly did.

15. NY Jets (N/A) - Blowout win against a team most people (including myself) thought was going to be pretty good in the Bills.

16. San Diego (N/A) - Nice win over Oakland. If they could ever get off to a good start, the Chargers might have something. They have always had talent.

Moving up: NE, Hou, Den, Bal, SF, Atl, Dal
Moving down: GB, NYG, Phi, NO, Det
Moving in: Was, NYJ, SD
Moving out: Buf, KC, Pit

(Otherwise known as "Overreaction Week)

1. New England (+1) ...
2. Houston (+3) - ...
3. Denver (+3) - ....
4. Baltimore (+5) - ....
5. San Francisco (+5) -....
6. Green Bay (-5) - .....
7. Atlanta (+4) - ......
8. Dallas (+7) - .......
9. NY Giants (-5) - ......
10. Philadelphia (-3) - .........
11. Washington (N/A) - ........

Not MUCH of an AFC HOMER are you? ;)

Although I am still not sold on San Fran's offense and whether they will continue to be an elite team in the NFL, right now they should be no lower than #2, maybe #3.

Even though the Broncos beat the Steelers (who look like they may have big holes this year), I think they aren't good enough to crack the top 5.

I also disagree with your analysis of Green Bay. Yes, they have lost their last two games by a combined 25 points, but they lost to the eventual Super Bowl champs and arguably one of the two best teams in the NFL. Besides, last year means nothing to this year.

I also agree that you may be overrating the AFC teams. I still think the NFC is still the dominant conference with more top teams.

Personally I would put the Ravens and 49ers 1-2, but with only one game being played thus far the top five are easily interchangeable; you could make a good case for any of those teams. One team that does seem to be noticeably off to me is the Bears, I would rank them much higher myself.

I actually think the AFC elite has been more impressive than the NFC elite (whomever that is) this week. However, Denver is not a top 5 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes