PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2 -- Getting out of BBQ to see Pats game

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a reality check here...BlitzFritz, the game WILL be on at the party, right? So the calamity is just that you'll be forced to watch it in the presence of other people? Umm...dude.

That is in part why I phrased my post as "tailgate from 3:00 to 4:15." Have a BBQ followed by cheering on the team in the company of other fans. That is why you GO to the game instead of watching home games in the cave

Oh, Mr. Patchick has his uses, I assure you. ;)

lol, i'll be there pretty soon i'm sure, but there will def. be a mans room dedicated to sports, i'm currently in the works of drafting up an idea for the room :D

Why not take advantage of the situation. Drink their beer and eat their food while you watch the game at their house. I'm assuming they will have a TV at the party. You can check on the wife at halftime. Get there early to socialize like it was previously suggested.

Of course you must act like this is a big deal not to watch the game at your house and you are doing the wife a HUGE favor by going to the BBQ. Racking up more favor points is never a bad thing.

lol, i'll be there pretty soon i'm sure, but there will def. be a mans room dedicated to sports, i'm currently in the works of drafting up an idea for the room :D

Lay out the ground rules first, so that you don't end up like BlitzFritz.

Lay out the ground rules first, so that you don't end up like BlitzFritz.

There will be tons of Boston memorabilia and athletes autograph on the wall that I have been collecting for this room so it should be evident, the ground rules are : strictly sports/poker

OK this is my plan for this week. Thank you, I think you summed up what many other ppl had said. A few final thoughts to all of you counselors

- I usually take a VERY hard line on the Pats games, not sure what happened this time. Maybe many years of this has weakened my position. Maybe its early in the season so I havent reminded her aobut it

- I will see you all in the Razor for the Miami game on the 21st!!

best to all
FRITZ

Why not take advantage of the situation. Drink their beer and eat their food while you watch the game at their house. I'm assuming they will have a TV at the party. You can check on the wife at halftime. Get there early to socialize like it was previously suggested.

Of course you must act like this is a big deal not to watch the game at your house and you are doing the wife a HUGE favor by going to the BBQ. Racking up more favor points is never a bad thing.

Wonderfully - rain and chance of thunderstorms....BBQ has now morphed into indoor gathering "to watch the Pats game".... as if that would ever be 2nd place to something else!!!

Cant wait.
:cool:

Wonderfully - rain and chance of thunderstorms....BBQ has now morphed into indoor gathering "to watch the Pats game".... as if that would ever be 2nd place to something else!!!

Cant wait.
:cool:

You may have misestimated the hosts original intentions anyway. They have expected half or more of the party attendees to be sitting in the living room come kickoff and choose the 3 pm start time on a day when the Pats had a 4:15 road game to allow for an hour of tailgating before the game.

I have been to plenty of Sunday BBQs during football season. They guys are in the living room watching TV while the ladies are in the backyard socializing while watching the kids run around and play on the swings.

I have been to plenty of Sunday BBQs during football season. They guys are in the living room watching TV while the ladies are in the backyard socializing while watching the kids run around and play on the swings.

Tried that, I have forgotten more about football than the men in my family know about it, but being men, they try to let me know how little they know... I won't watch a game with them ever. One bro & I go to the games, but never anyone else

Surprised no one mentioned the most obvious method.

Call in a bomb scare to the BBQ.

Duh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back