Welcome to PatsFans.com

Week 18 (End of Regular Season) Sweet 16

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by ivanvamp, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanvamp

ivanvamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Seventeen weeks of NFL football has brought us some surprises, as well as some long-standing pillars of excellence. Here's the final regular season Sweet 16 of the 2012 NFL season.

1. Denver (--) - #1 seed in the AFC, and deservedly so.

2. Atlanta (--) - #1 seed in the NFC, and deservedly so.

3. San Francisco (+1) - #2 seed in the NFC, and beat the #4 team in the poll.

4. New England (+1) - #2 seed in the AFC and looking strong. The bye is huge for them so they can continue to heal.

5. Seattle (+1) - Everyone in the NFC needs to be happy that they have to go on the road in these playoffs, because I don't know that anyone could beat them in Seattle right now.

6. Green Bay (-3) - Still not sure I'd want to face them in the playoffs. I wonder if Peterson can rack up 200 yards on them again in the WC round.

7. Washington (--) - Great story, great win against Dallas. They draw Seattle. RGIII vs. Wilson. Fun stuff.

8. Indianapolis (--) - What a win over Houston. As a reward, they get to travel to Baltimore.

9. Cincinnati (--) - Strong finish to the season for the Bengals. I think they could give Houston some real problems in the WC round.

10. Minnesota (+1) - AP for MVP. I hope, at least!

11. Houston (-4) - Really struggling at this point in the season. Not the same team they were early on.

12. NY Giants (+1) - I bet most everyone else is breathing a sigh of relief that they missed the playoffs.

13. Chicago (+1) - If it wasn't for AP, they'd be in the playoffs.

14. Baltimore (--) - I can't decide if this is a good team or not. NFC North winner, but full of holes.

15. Dallas (-4) - I can't decide if this is a good team or not. They play well one week and not the next. I guess that's why they're 8-8.

16. Pittsburgh (N/A) - See Dallas and Baltimore. But they're the last of the non-.500 teams so here they are.

Moving up: SF, NE, Sea, Min, NYG, Chi
    Moving down: GB, Hou, Dal
    Moving in: Pit
    Moving out: StL

Playoff Seedings and Matchups:
    AFC
    1. Den
    2. NE
    3. Hou
    4. Bal
    5. Ind
    6. Cin