PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17 vs Bills injury updates & roster moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
MASH Report..... Should just start listing...

who was able to fully participate in practice ..

Wednesday practice report - Extra Points - Boston.com

Offensive linemen Sebastian Vollmer (back/foot) and Logan Mankins (knee) were the other two Patriots who did not practice. Vollmer has missed the past four games; Mankins was hurt during Saturday's game with the Dolphins, and is expected to sit out Sunday's regular-season finale against Buffalo.

The long list of Patriots who practiced today, but were listed under limited participation: defensive backs Kyle Arrington (foot), Patrick Chung (foot), James Ihedigbo (shoulder), and Devin McCourty (shoulder); receivers Deion Branch (groin), Julian Edelman (back), Matthew Slater (shoulder), and Wes Welker (knee); offensive linemen Dan Connolly (groin), Matt Light (ankle), and Brian Waters (ankle); linebackers Dane Fletcher (thumb), Rob Ninkovich (hip), Brandon Spikes (knee), and Tracy White (abdomen); and running back Shane Vereen (hamstring).

Re: MASH Report..... Should just start listing...

Everyone's banged up this time of year. The Pats just list more players as limited than other teams do.

Re: MASH Report..... Should just start listing...

This is just BB f..ing with the rules, just like he does at mandated NFL press conferences and wearing offically sanctioned NFL clothing on the sidelines..

DB Malcolm Williams has been promoted to the 53-man roster. Looks like it is for his special teams play rather than help for the secondary.

DB Williams gets promotion - New England Patriots Blog - espnBoston

In a move that could signal linebacker Tracy White (abdomen, questionable) won't be available for Sunday's season-finale against the Bills, the Patriots promoted defensive back Malcolm Williams off the practice squad today.

Williams was drafted in the seventh round out of Texas Christian and he was active for one game this season (Dec. 11 at Washington), filling a role on three of the "Big 4" special teams units. He got the nod for the season finale over Ross Ventrone, who if promoted would have exhausted his practice squad eligibility for the rest of his career.

The opening on the practice squad went to the recently cut Alex Silvestro.

Last edited:
No surprise, Logan Mankins and Sebastian Vollmer are out for tomorrow's game.

Brady 'probable', Mankins, Vollmer out | Mike Petraglia | WEEI.com

The players listed as questionable are Kyle Arrington, Deion Branch, Patrick Chung, Dan Connolly, Julian Edelman, Dane Fletcher, James Ihedigbo, Matt Light, Devin McCourty, Rob Ninkovich, Matthew Slater, Brandon Spikes, Shane Vereen, Brian Waters, Wes Welker and Tracy White.

Since Spikes and Chung have been out for so long I would like to see them get some game action. The Bills haven't had a great pass rush so the OL can get some experience.

I got a callus scrolling thru the list,but I should be good to go by 1:00pm.tomorrow:)

I doubt Light plays either. He and Mankins can rest up. I think the O-line we used during the second half of last week's game will be making an appearance. We should be fine. Good playing time for Cannon too.

I need to see some Chung and/or Spike tomorrow.

I need to see some Chung and/or Spike tomorrow.

So would I. But I doubt it. Just seems like they're gonna go ahead and use these next two weeks to continue to get to 100%. This game would be ideal to knock some rust off if they're healthy enough, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes