Week 17 NFL Playoff Scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Week 17 NFL Playoff Scenarios
By: John Morgan

A look at the Week 17 playoff scenarios: Texans could fall to #3: Redskins in good shape even with a loss; Giants need lots of help. Also, today is the 49th anniversary of the Pats first playoff win....

Ravens reportedly to rest Ray Rice today against Cincinnati:

Ray Rice reportedly to rest for Baltimore Ravens - NFL.com

Rice not inactive against Cincinnati, but Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata and Marshall Yanda are. Rice reportedly will get little action. Jason LaCanfora reports that the Ravens are going to treat the game like a "pre-season game". Apparently they've gambled that it's better to rest up and try and get as healthy as possible for the playoffs rather than re-build some momentum.

haha BB, no tanking for that 4th seed now. Let's go head on vs Denver in the divisional, screw them. (If Indy doesn't win)

A moneyline parlay (just win, no point spread) with the Colts, Pats and Chiefs (resulting in a #1 seed) pays 40-1.

Colts alone to win is +235 and Chiefs are +1000 (10-1).

haha BB, no tanking for that 4th seed now. Let's go head on vs Denver in the divisional, screw them. (If Indy doesn't win)

No, Harbaugh and Ozzie are beating him to it:

Adam Schefter now says that he has learned Ray Rice will play a series or two on Sunday before getting an early start on resting up for next week's playoff game.

ESPN NFL Insider tweets that Ray Rice is not expected to play today, given the fact that the Baltimore Ravens have already wrapped up the AFC North title. Additionally, the team may actually "want" to end up with the No. 4 seed, which would be a guarantee should they lose to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Nobody is suggesting that they'll try to lose, but the road to the AFC Championship Game may look a little bit easier by hosting Indianapolis and then going to Houston, as opposed to a rematch with the Bengals next week, followed by a date with Peyton Manning in Denver. Of course, that projected path could change if the Colts upset the Texans, leaving Houston with the No. 2 seed.

NFL Rumors - NFL Trade Rumors, Free Agency Rumors and More - Rumor Central - ESPN

Rice not inactive against Cincinnati, but Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata and Marshall Yanda are. Rice reportedly will get little action. Jason LaCanfora reports that the Ravens are going to treat the game like a "pre-season game". Apparently they've gambled that it's better to rest up and try and get as healthy as possible for the playoffs rather than re-build some momentum.

They will reportedly sit Rice, or just play him one quarter.

Last edited:
Great week 17 so far:

- Houston loses to Indy.
- Baltimore loses to Cincinnati, clinches the #4 seed.
- Chicago beats Detroit, knocks the Giants out of the playoffs.

We're at worst the #3 seed. Win against Miami and we're a #1 and #2, meaning that we'll either host the Houston-Cincinnati winner in 2 weeks (if Denver wins and we end up #2) or host the Batlimore-Indy winner (if Denver loses and we end up #1).

Blessed Be The Colts. :cool:

The Late Season Collapse that I've been predicting all along for my beloved Planet Hoosten...has come.

Honestly, I'd be just as happy with the #2 Seed, if we can beat the Fish.

Maybe happier. :eek:

1 ~ Recent History's taught me some hard lessons about the draining Toll that High Expectorations can take on a team's Energy...and about how invigorating a little Rage can be.

2 ~ Honestly, I'd rather spend the next couple weeks hearing about how glorious and wonderful Peyton Manning & the Denver Peyton Mannings are....and I strongly suspect that Bill The Mad (Genius) wants that, as well.

3 ~ Two or three weeks ~ or 5 ~ of hearing how wonderfull we are, and it will both distract our boys and inevitably ~ human psychology applies even to a Bill Belichick team ~ cost us some of our Edge.

4 ~ Two weeks ~ or three ~ of hearing how glorious and wonderful Peyton Manning & the Denver Peyton Mannings are....and Mad Bill will have these boys aboil.

Honestly, I'd be just as happy with the #2 Seed, if we can beat the Fish.

Maybe happier. :eek:

1 ~ Recent History's taught me some hard lessons about the draining Toll that High Expectorations can take on a team's Energy...and about how invigorating a little Rage can be.

2 ~ Honestly, I'd rather spend the next couple weeks hearing about how glorious and wonderful Peyton Manning & the Denver Peyton Mannings are....and I strongly suspect that Bill The Mad (Genius) wants that, as well.

3 ~ Two or three weeks ~ or 5 ~ of hearing how wonderfull we are, and it will both distract our boys and inevitably ~ human psychology applies even to a Bill Belichick team ~ cost us some of our Edge.

4 ~ Two weeks ~ or three ~ of hearing how glorious and wonderful Peyton Manning & the Denver Peyton Mannings are....and Mad Bill will have these boys aboil.

The Beatification of Saint Peyton has been nauseating today. I've heard how he came back from "partial paralysis" and how he single-handed raised the Broncos from the dead. I'm sure BB will use that to good effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes