PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17 game at Houston looming as make or break game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I got $1.97 and an old coffee cup saying he will be. TFB @ 38 whippin' TD's like a mofo.

Ok. Let me get back to you on the straddle bet once I hear from the other guy who wants to bet that TB will not there. ;)

I can almost guarantee it won't be a make or break game.

If we're on the border of getting in the playoffs, then we'll be one and done for sure anyway, so who cares.

yea - i agree.

But dont discount the success of wild card contenders who went on to the SB or even won the SB (Giants 08, Pitt 06, Balt 01, Zona 09, Indy 07)

Pretty sure Brady won't be our QB in 2015.

geez...that was, like, tongue in cheek and supposed to be, well, funny... :rolleyes:

if you're actually taking this seriously, i have no idea whether tommy will be our qb in 2015...he would be 38 at the beginning of the season, which was the same age as Elway, Marino, Tarkenton and Young at the start of their final seasons, when Elway led his team to an SB win, his second in a row. On the other hand, Aikman was 34 at the start of his last season, as was Joe Namath. Bradshaw and Bob Griese were both 35. Dan Fouts and Jim Kelly were 36. Bart Starr and Roger Staubach were 37. Sonny Jurgensen and Johnny U. played until 40 and Warren Moon went all the way to 44.

so, lighten up. if you want to have a serious discussion about SB era HOF QB longevity in general and TB's in particular, I'm game, but this isn't the thread.

"Assuming" we lose to NO, INDY, and MIA? Please. This offense is a few more accurate passes from Tom to catching fire. At worst, we will have 4 losses ( I think 2 or 3) going into that game, which means MAYBE that we will have to win that game for a bye week (considering the Baltimore/Pittsburg/Cincy winner will probably be a 11-5/12-4 team and i know Denver just beat us, but doesn't anyone really see the going 13-3/12-4?). Nevermind the fact that even if this game does matter, do u think Houston will have any chance coming to foxboro in the heart of winter in a game that matters for the Pats, even if by some miracle it matters for the Pats? Your pessimism about losing those aformentioned middle games is highly reactionary, as it is more than likely that Tom and the offense will have kicked it into high gear by or during the Bye week, much like Peyton Manning and the Colts O' did last year. RELAX. HAVE FAITH. 10-5 going into WEEK 17? competing for the PLAYOFFS? R U KIDDING ME? PLAYOFFS?

"Assuming" we lose to NO, INDY, and MIA? Please. This offense is a few more accurate passes from Tom to catching fire. At worst, we will have 4 losses ( I think 2 or 3) going into that game, which means MAYBE that we will have to win that game for a bye week (considering the Baltimore/Pittsburg/Cincy winner will probably be a 11-5/12-4 team and i know Denver just beat us, but doesn't anyone really see the going 13-3/12-4?). Nevermind the fact that even if this game does matter, do u think Houston will have any chance coming to foxboro in the heart of winter in a game that matters for the Pats, even if by some miracle it matters for the Pats? Your pessimism about losing those aformentioned middle games is highly reactionary, as it is more than likely that Tom and the offense will have kicked it into high gear by or during the Bye week, much like Peyton Manning and the Colts O' did last year. RELAX. HAVE FAITH. 10-5 going into WEEK 17? competing for the PLAYOFFS? R U KIDDING ME? PLAYOFFS?

Whew.... you never read any of the posts above, did you?

Maybe we should close this thread before we have more guys wasting their time and effort preaching to the choir amidst attempting sincerely to educate the individual who created this thread.

Stupid stupid thread. This team could win any of those three games just as much as they could lose any of the othe rgames they play. Predicting in the NFL is pointless...predicting this team at this point is pointless as well. No one would think the Giants would do what they did in 2007, no one thought P. Manning would have an MVP year after his first third of the season.

Stupid stupid thread. This team could win any of those three games just as much as they could lose any of the othe rgames they play. Predicting in the NFL is pointless...predicting this team at this point is pointless as well. No one would think the Giants would do what they did in 2007, no one thought P. Manning would have an MVP year after his first third of the season.

Agreed.

This team could be at plenty different places that last weekend. One possibility, yes, is in a must-win situation. But I have a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night... tonight's gonna be a good, good night.

Why ruin tonight be worrying about mid-winter ?

All of NE games will be vital. The Colts have an easy schedule and get to play all those games against their division, which is 6 guarantied wins. You can say the same thing about Denver. The Jets also have an easy path to 12-4 or 11-5 at the worst. The Pats need to to focus on today and win one game at a time and let that add up to a winning season.

One week at a time. Your about 2 1/2 months away from that game.

you realize of course that if you take the letters in NO INDY and MIA, rearrange them and throw in a couple extra you come up with "NO DAMN waY"...so, of course we're not going to win those games...the OP is a genius...he saw that...get with the program here...

Seriously, we are in week 6. There is a lot of football between now and week 17. The Pats could have HFA advantaged locked up or already be mathmateically eliminated from the playoffs by week 17.

Seriously, we are in week 6. There is a lot of football between now and week 17. The Pats could have HFA advantaged locked up or already be mathmateically eliminated from the playoffs by week 17.

yeah, i think that's the point that most of us have been trying to make with sarcasm and humor...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes