PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17 49ers Pick update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Our draft pick will be #6 or #7

6 or 7 is perfect by me. The guaranteed salary for a guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL is still on the steep side but not so steep that the risk outweighs the reward.

If there's a desire or opportunity to trade down I think it will be easier to do so from that position - there's plenty of teams that have been badly burnt by top three picks who haven't contributed yet still eat up a ton of cap space and not even the Patriots are immune to making a bad pick now and then.

Re: Our draft pick will be #6 or #7

6 or 7 is perfect by me. The guaranteed salary for a guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL is still on the steep side but not so steep that the risk outweighs the reward.

If there's a desire or opportunity to trade down I think it will be easier to do so from that position - there's plenty of teams that have been badly burnt by top three picks who haven't contributed yet still eat up a ton of cap space and not even the Patriots are immune to making a bad pick now and then.

From early predictions on the 6-8th pick in the draft can yield us JAMES LAURINAITIS LB from Ohio State, if he comes out, and would be an outstanding addition to our team.

Re: Week 17 49's Pick update

Chiefs tie it up against the Jets. Steelers now only down 6, Ravens folding big time.

I can't decide what I'd prefer: a Jets win or loss. It's always fun seeing the Jets lose and it would bump us up on draft spot, but they'd move down something like 4 or 5 spots in the draft with a win over KC.

Last edited:

Crap - Pittsburgh has scored two 4th Q TD's and now trails Baltimore by only 27-21 with 3:36 left ...

Baltimore has won....

#7 right now, thanks Ravens...........

C'MON KC

Baltimore has won....
And the Jets are tied with KC ...

So I was right - we will have the 6th or 7th pick. I just had the wrong reasons! :D

Ravens have iced the Steelers officially.
Now we jsut have to see if KC can beat the JEts in OT.
The Pats pick is curently #7. It could go as high as #6 with a chiefs win.
San Diego has beaten the raiders.

Last edited:

OTfor Jets and KC...Jets win coin flip

Last edited:

With the Raiders loss, it's now all about the KC overtime game, and the Jets have the ball first.

Actually if you think about it, the Jets should tank this game to ensure they will get McFadden, right now they stand to get the #2 or #3 pick at worse, depending on SOS. If they win, that will put them in the pool with the 4 win teams.

Now I'm getting conflicted, should I want pick #6 over pick #7 or should I want the Jets to be out of position to take McFadden?

Last edited:

Actually if you think about it, the Jets should tank this game to ensure they will get McFadden, right now they stand to get the #2 or #3 pick at worse, depending on SOS. If they win, that will put them in the pool with the 4 win teams.

I think the Jets would be better off without McFadden. I don't think he's any great prize, and they need defensive help badly, or an offensive lineman. They'd be better off picking up Jake Long and moving D'Busto Ferguson to the right side.

Jets are already at the KC 35 and with a fresh set of downs. :(

Now I'm getting conflicted, should I want pick #6 over pick #7 or should I want the Jets to be out of position to take McFadden?
McFadden might turn out to be the next Reggie Bush - a can't miss, best player in a decade prospect who turns into a good, not great, NFL player.

I say root for KC.

I think the Jets would be better off without McFadden. I don't think he's any great prize, and they need defensive help badly, or an offensive lineman. They'd be better off picking up Jake Long and moving D'Busto Ferguson to the right side.

I guess this means we can't lose either way.
The Jets either won't have a high enough pick to take McFadden, or they take yet another OL to shore up their line.
But you never know with the Jets. I'm sure Ratgini would like to poach a player the Pats want, just ahead of us. Do they play a 3-4 as well?

edit: wow chiefs don't know how to tackle, lol.

Nu-gent to win it...

Last edited:

Wow KC has packed it in, pick is number 7

LOL icing the kicker in a meaningless game. That's priceless. :)

OMG, a holding call! after nugent makes the kick! roflmao

Last edited:

Nugent has struggled this year. He might miss. Think positive!

Kick is good, but there's a holding call on the Jets. Re-kick from 10 yards deeper

Last edited:

I have a feeling that whoever the Pats would take at #7 would still be available at #9.

But of course we'll trade it for future picks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back