PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 15 NFL Coverage Map

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
HETqIRM.png

NYOHQ50.png

Ju2Kmmq.png

Looks like my coworker the Bills fan is SOL this week. Yer stuck watching the Pats, dude!! :D

WTH why does the entire northwest get this game? Looks like I'm back to the online streams.

Don't get it. So I might as well go duck hunt and check the score when I get to service

Ugh. I get Jags/Ravens instead. Guess I'll be streaming as well.

Is there anyone even in the NY area that would rather watch Giants/Redskins than Green Bay/Buffalo?

WTH why does the entire northwest get this game? Looks like I'm back to the online streams.
CBS has the single game this week. The Seahawks are on late on FOX, so the CBS stations in the northwest don't want to go head-to-head with that game. An area like the northwest that isn't relatively close to any of those AFC teams playing early will just for the best game in that early time slot, which is the Pats-Dolphins.

Eight cities are shut out of the Pats game because the 'local' team is playing on CBS at the same time, and eight more are shut out because they'd rather show a late CBS game than go head-to-head with the local team.

Between all those other teams also playing early and CBS only broadcasting one game this week, the end result is the limited coverage you see above. Time for Plan B for all of us that didn't pony up for the Sunday Ticket this year.

So close, yet so far.
jmt & I are stuck with Tamper Bay instead of Pats-Fins which we had a shot at if Tampa had a late game
Given that it looks like I've seen my last game here south of Tampa until January

OAK @KC for me...internets it is.

So do us in NE get pats MIA on CBS then Den SD? And just the 1 on fox late?

If not then that's just stupid. Much rather watch DEn-SD then Seattle tool on a pathetic SF team.

And SD-DEN has much bigger implications for the pats...

Last edited:

If not then that's just stupid. Much rather watch DEn-SD then Seattle tool on a pathetic SF team.

I know. We got screwed. At least the Red Zone will likely be on Den/SD a lot.

So close, yet so far.
jmt & I are stuck with Tamper Bay instead of Pats-Fins which we had a shot at if Tampa had a late game
Given that it looks like I've seen my last game here south of Tampa until January

Why on earth Tampa gets Den vs SD over a Dolphins game is f'n beyond me. Really pissed now that i have to watch another crap stream.

I know. We got screwed. At least the Red Zone will likely be on Den/SD a lot.

Ya..i don't have RZ....maybe i will try and stream the game online and put it on my TV from my laptop..don't want to see SF-Seattle

Looks like there was a Manziel effect

OmRV0mO.png

CBS has the single game this week, and FOX has the doubleheader.

Therefore folks in New England get the Pats-Dolphins (obviously), but no CBS late game (i.e., Broncos-Chargers).

The two games are playing on different networks, so it's not like choosing between SF-Seattle vs Minn-Det, or Den-SD vs NYJ-Tenn.

Why on earth Tampa gets Den vs SD over a Dolphins game is f'n beyond me. Really pissed now that i have to watch another crap stream.
First thing the Tampa area is going to get is the local team.
That means the Bucs, who play early, which is on FOX.

Almost always, if the network not showing the local team (in this case CBS) has the single-header that week (which CBS does), they will opt to not go head-to-head with a game on at the same time as that local team.

Even when the local team is tracking to end up with the number one overall pick in next spring's draft.

That means the local Tampa CBS station is going to air a late game since the Bucs play early.
Their two choices were San Diego-Denver, or perhaps the worst game of the year (Jets-Tennessee).

Sucks for us transplanted Pats fans, but that's the way the networks and their local affiliates think. Sometimes we get screwed because they'll show Miami over the best available game; other times, we get screwed because they fear getting toasted in the ratings by the local team - even though that means not broadcasting a game featuring the very same team they've been airing whenever possible (Miami).

Looks like there was a Manziel effect

OmRV0mO.png

Not in Connecticut...we still get to see "Aw Shucks" play the Coach-Who-Doesn't-Know-How-To-Shut-His-Manpleaser-During-Press-Conferences.

Not in Connecticut...we still get to see "Aw Shucks" play the Coach-Who-Doesn't-Know-How-To-Shut-His-Manpleaser-During-Press-Conferences.

Well I don't think any of us CT Pats fans had any intention of switching it to FOX at 1PM on Sunday regardless of what game they were showing.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back