PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 14 NFL Games - Previews and Predictions

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Week 14 NFL Games - Previews and Predictions
By:

There are plenty of quality football games this weekend highlighted by the Saints-Panthers and Seahawks-Panthers games. Don't overlook some of the other games with major playoff implications: the outcome of the Colts-Bengals, Lions-Eagles, Rams-Cardinals, Dolphins-Steelers and Giants-Chargers games will also have a great deal to do with the final playoff seedings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am rooting for the Colts to beat the Bengals. Actually I am rooting for the Bengals to lose so many games down the stretch that the Ravens win the division even if they lose to us in Week 15.

Ideally, I would dream of a Broncos loss so that we could get the #1 seed. But, I've seen their schedule: Titans, Chargers, @Texans, @Raiders

So with Denver almost penned in ink for the #1 seed and Kansas City for the #5 seed. And rooting for the Patriots to get a bye with the #2 seed...

Denver
New England
Indy
Baltimore
Kansas City
Cincinnati/Miami

This way we get a bye week and then the Colts, who haven't looked great since Reggie Wayne went to IR. And Denver gets the winner of Baltimore/KC in the cold. We could end up with another home AFC championship game or have to head to Denver.

So, it all boils down to rooting against the Bengals and after this week also against the Colts.

If Denver loses and we slide into the #1 seed, that would change a lot of things, then I'd want Indy to fall to the 4 seed since I think they will be the easiest of the division winners given the falloff in their play mid-season.

i think most of us want the colts to win this one...colts are a very weak team and will lose again this year

Colts @ Chiefs (Week 15)

Other than that they have home games against Texans and Jags. So, if they beat the Bengals, they probably end up 11-5.

Sill torn about Clots - Bungles; too bad they can't both lose.
And I really, really don't want to see the RatBirds win any more games.

The Titans have a really underrated defense. Them & the Chargers are our last hope (if any) to give the Broncos 1 more loss. Maybe Bernard Pollard could lay a nasty hit on Manning for us.

I'll actually be rooting for the Colts and Ravens tomorrow as I'll be betting on them. Ravens just have to win straight up and the Colts are +13 (can lose by 13 points and I'll be ok) in my other bet

The Titans have a really underrated defense. Them & the Chargers are our last hope (if any) to give the Broncos 1 more loss. Maybe Bernard Pollard could lay a nasty hit on Manning for us.

I'll actually be rooting for the Colts and Ravens tomorrow as I'll be betting on them. Ravens just have to win straight up and the Colts are +13 (can lose by 13 points and I'll be ok) in my other bet

I don't understand why people want the 1 seed.

Better chance to play baltimore or KC over some shmucks

Some NFL playoff possibilities heading into today's games:

Patriots can clinch the AFC East title with:
- Pats win and Dolphins lose

Patriots can clinch a playoff berth with:
- Pats win and Ravens lose

Broncos can clinch a playoff berth with one of:
- Broncos win, or
- Dolphins lose, or
- Ravens lose

Chiefs can clinch a playoff berth with one of:
- Chiefs win and Dolphins lose, or
- Chiefs win and Ravens lose

Colts can clinch the AFC South title with either:
- Colts win, or
- Titans lose

Seahawks can clinch the NFC division title with:
- Seahawks win

Seahawks can clinch a first-round bye with:
- Seahawks win

Saints can clinch a playoff berth with all of the following:
- Saints win, plus
- Cowboys lose, plus,
- Eagles lose, plus
- Cardinals lose

Panthers can clinch a playoff berth with all of the following:
- Panthers win, plus
- Cowboys lose, plus,
- Eagles lose, plus
- Cardinals lose, plus
- 49ers lose

Yes, I realize there are other possibilities with ties. I purposely left them out to make the above scenarios easier to follow.

It is bone crunching cold out there today. Man, I hope the Pats stay relatively unscathed in the injury dept.

Week 14 NFL Games

It is bone crunching cold out there today. Man, I hope the Pats stay relatively unscathed in the injury dept.

I don't think they have in every game this year. Seems like someone is always gonna be injured and it sucks. But knocking on wood that no injuries happen.

lions with 6 fumbles in first 20 min

Ba_MvShCQAAAFYO.jpg:large

Wow, as awful as today seemed, the Patriots could end the day as the #1 seed.

Titans currently leading the Broncos 14-10. Not that I at all expect that to hold up, but better than I thought it'd start...

I almost want TENN. to win more so that they can possibly knock the gutless, overrated Colts out of the playoffs. And if the Ravens make the PO's this year, there's no justice in this world. What a ridiculously overrated and inconsistent team, QB and coach.

Looks like SD is up 10-0 over the Giants. Go Chargers! And Tenn is up over the Broncos 21-10.

F-Yeah, 21-10 Titans!!! (Please note from a previous thread, I am celebrating the win and will mourn, gloom/doom Gronk's injury tomorrow)

I almost bet on the Titans! LOL

Titans vs Broncos game thread

Titans are up 21-10 in the second! A Denver loss would push the Patriots into the top spot in the AFC!

Oh screw off Antonio Brown.

Would have been nice having the AFC East locked up going into Miami next week.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back