PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 practice report

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should know how this board is.

Yeah, yeah.. I know.. it's just that @Bradyking12 was also the one who famously called our season to be over sometime in the middle of the first quarter last Sunday. Just a little callback :)

When its pretty much December and Brady hurt, missing practises, and next week we are facing the ravens followed by the broncos, kinda hard to stay positive

It's the Rams this week and then another few days of rest until we play the Ravens at home on Monday. So apart from a BYE week this is still a fortunate situation in terms of timing.

Also, no reason to worry about the Baltimore game before the Rams game is over.

When its pretty much December and Brady hurt, missing practises, and next week we are facing the ravens followed by the broncos, kinda hard to stay positive

So we're close to locking up a top two seed and two of our next three games are against teams who, as of now, won't make the playoffs, and the other team is 6-5. What's causing the freakout?

Please tell me a team who is?
Should everyone be wraped in bubble wrap so they dont hurt themselfs?
Its a contact sport, injuries happen to everyone and the Pats are the best at this next man up thing.

So we're close to locking up a top two seed and two of our next three games are against teams who, as of now, won't make the playoffs, and the other team is 6-5. What's causing the freakout?

Brady, Gronk, and Edelman not practicing? Maybe Jimmy G can win 3 out of the next 5 games and lead us to the 1 or 2 seed but I'd feel a little more secure with Brady leading the way.

If Miami wins one more game than us through Week 16 then we're playing Week 17 for the Division (depending how lower tiebreakers work out). We may be in good shape vs. AFCN and AFCS winners but if Miami keeps winning we could end up as a Wild Card.

If Miami wins one more game than us through Week 16 then we're playing Week 17 for the Division (depending how lower tiebreakers work out). We may be in good shape vs. AFCN and AFCS winners but if Miami keeps winning we could end up as a Wild Card.

lol

Their last 5 games are @BAL, vs AZ, @NYJ,@Buffalo, vs NE

I expect them to lose at least 2 and if we also lose 2 we still win division.

Brady might have to take a week to help with knee soreness? SEASON OVER!

Guys take a chill pill. They're playing the RAMS and have a very talented backup to lead the way... and even if Brady did have to miss more than one game (which we have no evidence of at all), it's not like they're playing any crazy talented teams. Baltimore and Denver are "conference rivals" to a degree, but I don't think they're necessarily better than Arizona, and Jimmy BEAT Arizona, IN Arizona. So...

Somehow I'm confused as to how Brady's 6 year old kid saying something about knee stiffness equates to Brady missing the year, and how Brady's backup is completely discounted and that their 9-2 record will just be completely squandered...

You guys keep lauging, they've won 6 in a row. They're a threat until they're not.
You misunderstood my post. I am not laughing at them. We currently have a 2 game lead and if we both win out and we lose to Miami in week 17 we still win the division. But I see us losing may be 2 games and them losing 2 games too. So we still win the division.
I think they have turned their season lately with the way they're playing. Although I don't expect them to win SB they will be tough to play in playoffs should we play them (considering they are a division team).

12-4 equals a wildcard spot ????

You guys keep lauging, they've won 6 in a row. They're a threat until they're not.

If they continue to play as mediocre as they have in the last 2-3 weeks they will go 1-3 in the next 4 games. Just watch the condensed versions of their last 2 games if you have access and you will see why I am not taking them any more seriously than any AFC South team.

You misunderstood my post. I am not laughing at them. We currently have a 2 game lead and if we both win out and we lose to Miami in week 17 we still win the division.
I get it. But as we play them Week 17 I look at it as a 1 game lead. And while they could well lose several, the way we're playing so could we. It's not inconceivable that we could lose one game to them between now and then. Not saying I expect that but it's very possible. Heck, if we don't convert that 4th and 4 were already in the "1 game lead scenario".

If they were then to win, we possibly go deep into tiebreakers (H-H, Division record, Conf record could all be tied dropping it to common opponents).

All I'm saying is every game is big right now.

Brady, Gronk, and Edelman not practicing? Maybe Jimmy G can win 3 out of the next 5 games and lead us to the 1 or 2 seed but I'd feel a little more secure with Brady leading the way.
JG is good. I'd prefer him healthy over a gimpy Brady.

Heck, if we don't convert that 4th and 4 were already in the "1 game lead scenario"

Really?

So let's look at Miami.

If Kaepernick was 1 yard closer 49ers tie the game at the end last week
If Aaron Donald doesn't get called for roughing the pass Rams win
If Rivers doesn't throw a terrible pick-6 when it was 24-24. Chargers maybe get in FG range and win.
If the jests don't allow a 96 yard kick-off return with 5 minutes to go, they win because dolphins offense wasn't doing anything in the 4th quarter.

I mean let's not act like the dolphins are out there running through teams or something. They've scrapped by 4 teams that right now will be picking in the top 10 in the draft

Tom Brady’s son made a cameo appearence during a radio interview

Given that this 6 year old referred to the jets as "the green guys" I have no idea why anyone is reading anything into what he said. Sounds like a cute kid though.

He also said they were playing the Broncos instead of the Rams and he called his dad a "Donkey". Again, grain of salt when it comes to kids. Although perhaps he confused "donkey" with:

Domestic_goat_kid_in_capeweed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing