PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 game vs Colts Flexed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Pats/Colts on 12/4 Flexed Out

Was originally supposed to be the Sunday Night Football game, now is at 1 PM per the Patriots Twitter page:

Twitter

Re: Pats/Colts on 12/4 Flexed Out

Figured that was coming.

It seems like the Patriots are being demoted, but I like the 1 pm start much better.

shark01.jpg

It seems like the Patriots are being demoted, but I like the 1 pm start much better.
I don't think this decision had a darn thing to do with the Patriots as much as it did the Colts. And fact is NBC wouldn't want to overexpose the Patriots when it's a horrible matchup.

I could easily see the season finale against Buffalo getting flexed up to 8:30 though.

I wanted to see us bury those clowns good.

One less game I get to watch on my couch, one more reason to hate the Colts.

God d%#*!@t

Kill yourself Indy

I don't think this decision had a darn thing to do with the Patriots as much as it did the Colts. And fact is NBC wouldn't want to overexpose the Patriots when it's a horrible matchup.

I could easily see the season finale against Buffalo getting flexed up to 8:30 though.

The New Year's Day game could decide the division...as long as we take of business on Sunday and if the Bills get back on track.

I still can't figure out how the Jets beat them so badly.

Football should be played at 1:00 PM on Sunday Afternoons.. if not I have to wait too long..

Link

The Colts were originally scheduled to come to Gillette for a Sunday night game in prime time but it has now been flexed to 1pm.

Obviously a lot of us saw this coming as it will probably not be a competitive game but still disappointing that the Patriots lost a nationally broadcasted game for fans that want to see them around the country.

No surprise there..

Patriots-Colts flexed to 1 p.m. - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
The Patriots' home game against the Colts on Dec. 4 has been flexed from prime-time to 1 p.m. ET, a decision that figures to be welcomed by the team's fans.

At the start of the season, a Patriots-Colts game in prime-time seemed like a slam dunk. But the Colts are winless without injured quarterback Peyton Manning. No announcement was made on which game will replace Patriots-Colts, with a final decision to be made by Nov. 22.

At this time, that makes the Patriots-Jets game this week the team's only Sunday night game of the season.

Welcomed by the local fans ... not so much the case with out-of-town fans.

Pats-Colts no longer a night game - CSNNE.com
Used to be the networks fought over those late-season Patriots-Colts matchups.

Now they can't wait to get rid of them.

NBC announced Tuesday that it is giving this year's Indianapolis-at-New England game on Dec. 4, originally scheduled for Sunday Night Football at 8:20 p.m., back to CBS. And the Patriots subsequently announced that the game will begin at 1 p.m. . . . making it the first 1 p.m. start at Gillette this year. (Two others -- the Dec. 24 meeting with Miami and the season-ending Jan. 1 game against Buffalo -- are scheduled for 1 p.m., but one or both could be flexed to a later time.)

The reason? The Colts are 0-9 and the Patriots are 5-3, which is not what NBC expected -- or hoped -- when the game was originally scheduled.

Let's not go overboard, this move has nothing to do with the Pats. If Manning was playing they'd leave this game on as long as the Colts had a couple wins.

Last edited:
Someone up thread mentioned the Week 17 game being flexed to 8:30, there aren't any night games for Week 17 (Sunday or Monday) to make it fair for all playoff teams, so that's not going to happen.

Someone up thread mentioned the Week 17 game being flexed to 8:30, there aren't any night games for Week 17 (Sunday or Monday) to make it fair for all playoff teams, so that's not going to happen.

Yes there is. No game is scheduled yet because NBC gets to pick what game they want a week before.

If the division comes down to the Pats and Bills winning it I could see that game getting flexed to the night game.

It has nothing to do with the Pats being demoted. Have you seen the Colts' record? Believe me, with the Pats 5-3 and if the Colts had Manning and a similar record, no one would even think about flexing it. I also like 1:00 pm starts, in fact it's my favorite time.

Last edited:
Wow, now the entire nation doesn't get to see the Colts intentional fumbles, intentional missed passes and blocks and lack of effort on tackling from their backups as Polian has IR'd his top players in his Suck For Luck quest.

1pm makes perfect sense, I'm sure the Commish is for not having this 'intentional tanking' scene on national television.

Obvious move is obvious. If #18 was there, I'm pretty sure they'd have the same record as us going into that game.

YES! Nothing beats daylight football! :singing::rocker::singing::rocker:

heh, what took them so long to decide on this? at least the pats aren't 0-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes