Week 11 afternoon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone wants to comment. . . .

Anyone else not surprised that Bob Sanders is out for the Colts this week? :mad:

Anyone else not surprised that Bob Sanders is out for the Colts this week? :mad:

not really, they are playing the texans...good week to rest him

In terms of playoff positioning here is what I'm rooting for today:

1. Raiders over Fish
2. Giants over Ravens
3. Steelers over Chargers
4. Texans over Colts
5. Titans over Jaguars
6. Browns over Bills

7. Donkeys/Falcons - toss - see #4

Anyone see this differently?

In terms of playoff positioning here is what I'm rooting for today:

1. Raiders over Fish
2. Giants over Ravens
4. Texans over Colts
5. Titans over Jaguars
6. Browns over Bills

Anyone see this differently?

I guess that's pretty good. The only thing would be SD possibly over the squealers. SD is below 500, and Pitt is in the #2 hole in the AFC....but either way one is losing so that's good!

I guess that's pretty good. The only thing would be SD possibly over the squealers. SD is below 500, and Pitt is in the #2 hole in the AFC....but either way one is losing so that's good!

My rationale for that game is the Pats have already lost to SD so the further in the hole they get and potentially out of the playoffs the better for the Pats.

1. Raiders over Fish
2. Giants over Ravens
4. Texans over Colts
5. Titans over Jaguars
6. Browns over Bills

I still want the Chargers.

A loss would put the Steelers at 6-4, once again tied with us. Then, if the Titans are able to take care of the Jets next week and we can beat the Dolphins we'd be the #2 in the AFC again, ignorning the tie-breakers for now since there's still too much of the season left.

The above scenario is factoring in a game you're rooting for, Giants over Ravens.

If the Titans lose, we'd be 3 games behind the #1 AFC seed with 6 games to go. Doesn't seem very realistic, but I don't see the harm in leaving the opportunity open. The only reason to root for the Titans is if you see the Jags being a WC threat, which is fine. I'm just still looking at a division championship.

I'm without a doubt rooting for the Donkeys as well. I much rather have a team we dominated in the playoffs then a team that dominated us. Hopefully the Broncos can finally get some separation in the division this week.

Basically, all my thoughts are based with the assumption of winning the division. If you believe we'll end up with the wild card, then I agree with Steelers/Titans.

Last edited:

Dr Z keeps saying in his columns that sanders's presence is the most overrated story for the colts. he is agreat player but not the reason which makes a difference in wins and losses. he pointed colts were 20-3 or something without sanders. for colts as long as manning and his WR's are healthy it will be okay

raiders start the game with a false start penalty.

oak 2 defensive infraction penalties on 2nd and 15...

Texans 3
Colts 0

Giants 7
Ravens 0

Broncos 7
Falcons 0

So far, so good.

TD fins. i know its the raiders but the fins o line is very good.We better get some pressure next week otherwise pennington will just eat up the zone

Lions 7
Panthers 0

Culpepper
4/4 52 yards 1 TD

Vikes 3
Bucks 0

GB and the Bears 0-0, GB tends to take a lot of bad penalties, I have seen quite a few false starts and holds. It does look like Ryan Grant has returned to last years form., 5/55 in the first quarter.

GB 7
Bears 0

Also... Jeff Garcia manages to dodge a bunch of the Vikes D to throw out a long ball to Warren Dunn for 36 yards. Sick.

Vikes 3
Bucks 3

39 yard FG by the Bucks.

Vikes 10
Bucs 3

3 yard TD by Bobby Wade.

Brandon Jacobs is a monster.

8 carries for 70 yards and 2 TDs already against the #1 rushing defense in the league.

The giants have a 3 headed monster at RB.I wish we had a young powerback but Maroney is not that.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes