PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 10: SF pick currently stands at #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really has a chance to get to #1...

Dolphins: Combine the draft acumen of Cameron thus far with the possible Ricky addition. They either might win a couple or it doesn't matter anyway. See Ginn Jr., Ted at #9.

Rams: They surely can muster 2-3 more wins. Bizarre season, but appear to be regaining health.

Jets: They are in rough, rough shape but should still be able to pass the 49ers.

49ers: Only two wins game out of the gate at full strength. By a combined 4 points. Since then, nothing but injuries, whoa, and getting served.

I'll guess it ends up as #2. One of the Jets or Dolphins will hold out.

49ers: Only two wins game out of the gate at full strength. By a combined 4 points. Since then, nothing but injuries, whoa, and getting served.
The sad thing is that both wins could/should have been losses. Arizona had to play conservative at the end, give up a long game losing drive and not recover a fumble in the end zone (or just push it out) to lose that one. And the Rams doubled the SF yardage but fumbled a snap with a lead and 3 minutes to go.

Anyway, I do worry each week that something will click for SF and they'll start winning but I've watched a lot of their games and it seems almost impossible. I expect the Rams to beat them this week bumping us up to #3. I guess I'd be hoping The Jest beats Miami then to hopefully get us to #2. The AFC East could pick 1,2,3 :D

THe San Fran-Rams game is huge for draft position, the Rams need to pull out a win this weekend. Teams with 0-3 losses and remaining games against under 500 clubs:

San Fran: 5
Oakland: 3
Rams: 4
Jets: 2
Vikings: 4
Bengals: 4
Falcons: 3
Dolphins: 4

So San Fran has the easiest schedule and the Jets the hardest. Hopefully San Fran continues its really pathetic play and the weak schedule will not matter. They play St. Louis, Minnesota and Cincy at home which are the 3 best chances to win I would think.

THe San Fran-Rams game is huge for draft position, the Rams need to pull out a win this weekend. Teams with 0-3 losses and remaining games against under 500 clubs:

San Fran: 5
Oakland: 3
Rams: 4
Jets: 2
Vikings: 4
Bengals: 4
Falcons: 3
Dolphins: 4

So San Fran has the easiest schedule and the Jets the hardest. Hopefully San Fran continues its really pathetic play and the weak schedule will not matter. They play St. Louis, Minnesota and Cincy at home which are the 3 best chances to win I would think.

Keep in mind, against the Seattle D, which is not exactly the Patriots D, the Niners only managed six first downs (and went 0-for-3 on fourth downs). If that doesn't inspire confidence in their ability to screw up potentially winnable games, I don't know what would. :)

I still do not know why Nolan went for it earlier in the game on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. Madden was confused as well by that bone head gamble.

This really has a chance to get to #1...

Dolphins: Combine the draft acumen of Cameron thus far with the possible Ricky addition. They either might win a couple or it doesn't matter anyway. See Ginn Jr., Ted at #9.

Rams: They surely can muster 2-3 more wins. Bizarre season, but appear to be regaining health.

Jets: They are in rough, rough shape but should still be able to pass the 49ers.

I'll guess it ends up as #2. One of the Jets or Dolphins will hold out.

This is an incredibly astute observation. Even if the SF pick only gets to #2, the Pats will effectively have the #1 pick in the draft, because we all know Miami will pick the wrong player at #1.:)

If there was a great de, I could see that and a subsequent switch to the 4-3. Someone like J.Peppers. But, don't see Dorsey as a good fit for our needs. Seymour,Warren and Wilfork would be dt's in a 4-3. OK with one of them at de. But, not two of them. I'm looking forward to V.Gholston/J.Long on Sat. Hope they get matched up against each for some plays. Calais Campbell was hyped to be that guy in the pre-season. But, he hasn't been that great.

Like everyone here I'm glad the Jets are losing but I thought they could win 3 or 4 games!
I see us getting a 4-7 pick. The question is, what will BB do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots