PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 Pats TV across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. I guess the NFL is really banking on Farve pulling in the ratings. Half the fricking country is watching 2 non playoff teams opening weekend.

Man. I guess the NFL is really banking on Farve pulling in the ratings. Half the fricking country is watching 2 non playoff teams opening weekend.

CBS typically has a fairly weak opening slate, since they can't have a doubleheader due to the US Open. Opening week in the NFL is going to bring in big numbers regardless of who's playing (kind of like the Kansas City Royals selling out their home opener every year).

Which game are you going to send nationally if you're CBS? KC @ NE? The Pats are a big draw nationally, but this is still a lopsided affair. Cin @ Bal? Hou @ Pit? Blah and blah... Jax @ Ten? Divisional affair between two decent-good teams, but still a pretty boring matchup.

The CBS storyline that will draw in neutral/casual fans is Favre. Even though the Jests and Dolphins sucked last year, and shouldn't be world beaters this year, most of the country will be curious to see how His Highness competes with his new team.

FYI for out of towners, it looks like most of the country outside the New England and Kansas City are will be seeing the Jets - Dolphins game on CBS. Interesting to note that the San Diego and Denver markets will be able to see the Pats, as well as Birmingham AL.

Here's the link to the map of the Week 1 AFC - CBS coverage:
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2008-01-CBS.html

As far as the late game on FOX goes, looks like it will be the Cowboys - Browns, rather than the Panthers - Chargers game in most markets.
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2008-01-FOX2.html

For anybody living outside New England, if you find this info useful here's the link that you can bookmark to check prior to each week's game:
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/
Thanks. That's a useful piece of info.

With the Pats game not being on Sky Sports here in the UK I have purchased a HD Game Pass for week 1. Superb quality and is a million times better than the streams I've watched Pats games on in the past. It's not available in the US but for those of us in other parts of the world it's well worth getting:

http://www.nfl.com/gamepass :singing:

Interesting to note that the San Diego and Denver markets will be able to see the Pats, as well as Birmingham AL.

San Diego and Denver are both division rivals of KC, so that's not that strange.

Can't explain the Alabama affiliate's thinking.

Brodie Croyle is an Alabama kid and a former Crimson Tide QB.

FYI Week 2 here in the good ole Twin Cities is right now showing Pats vs Jets for the 4:15 PM game on WCCO 4. :D

Yay me! :singing:

This Favre hysteria is getting sickening. 85% of the country will watch two of last year's 6 worst teams kickoff a battle for 3rd place in the division while only the Tennessee and Jacksonville markets get that game? Makes no sense.

This Favre hysteria is getting sickening. 85% of the country will watch two of last year's 6 worst teams kickoff a battle for 3rd place in the division while only the Tennessee and Jacksonville markets get that game? Makes no sense.

No it does not. I suspect many sports restaurants, bars, and what not will be flooded with people Sunday afternoon trying to watch anything BUT Lord Farvequad.

Looking forward to watching you guys play Sunday morning out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back