PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1: Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongside

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is not a 5th pre-season game so I gues we have to look ahead at week 1.

Im not going to pull a BB and talk about KC being the best team in the AFC, but I do think they offer a couple of areas of concern for the Pats.

When the Chiefs have the ball:

1. I'm sure they get a heavy dose of LJ. He is a toughy week 1 test although the chiefs start 4 new OL's and first pick brandon Albert has a leg and may not start. I would like to see a good push from the pats DL's and LB's filling the gaps unlike in the pres-season.

2. Bowe vs Hobbs/Bryant - week 1 big physical WR and a TE that has to be accounted for

When the Pats have the ball

1. I think the biggest challenge will be the OL vus the chiefs DL. Hali is developing into a top DL and Dorsey is a load at nose.

What have I missed?

Is Preist Holmes still on this team or did he retire?

Holmes was a pure beast in his heyday

Unfortunately there is not a 5th pre-season game so I gues we have to look ahead at week 1.

Im not going to pull a BB and talk about KC being the best team in the AFC, but I do think they offer a couple of areas of concern for the Pats.

1. I'm sure they get a heavy dose of LJ. He is a toughy week 1 test although the chiefs start 4 new OL's and first pick brandon Albert has a leg and may not start. I would like to see a good push from the pats DL's and LB's filling the gaps unlike in the pres-season.

2. Bowe vs Hobbs/Bryant - week 1 big physical WR and a TE that has to be accounted for

1. I think the biggest challenge will be the OL vus the chiefs DL. Hali is developing into a top DL and Dorsey is a load at nose.

What have I missed?

I'm pretty sure Dorsey is out with a knee injury for a couple more weeks, so we probably won't see him. That being said, they do have a very solid young D-Line - you mentioned Hali, but I'd say Tank Tyler and Turk McBride are probably more impressive than him considering their age - this D-line has the potential to give us some trouble if our O-line doesn't turn out a solid performance.

Personally, as long as Brady is healthy I can't say I'm all that concerned - the Chiefs don't have a great defensive backfield, which is to say I'm not sure they have anyone who can cover welker or moss effectively 1 on 1, so the passing game should be there, which in turn should open up the run game.

Add in that Brodie Croyle is still really new, and I just can't see him doing well against our D, regardless of how they've looked this preseason.

What have I missed?

Correction , this is the fifth pre season game... here is why

1 The cheif defense is young and can be run on and that sets up play action....

2 Herm Edwards- he was bad with the jets, he is the worse coach in the leauge

3 If our lets Bradie Coyle tear us apart, then we could start to panic, but until then its not happening..

4 Did I mention Herm Edwards:D

3 If our lets Bradie Coyle tear us apart, then we could start to panic, but until then its not happening..
Would that be a continuation of the panic when AJ Feeley picked apart the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots