PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddylove

Rookie
Reaction score
Wanted to see what everyone thought the primetime games usually announced the week of the owners meetings (this week) will be.

My Prediction
thursday: Cincy at Steelers
Then either sunday or monday
Dallas at Philly- T.O and the boys invade philly.
Minnesota at Seattle- Just like the 2003 opener pitting Jets at skins where the Redskins raided the Jets cubbard. Bad blood is forming here with the Burleson and Hutchinson signings.

Buddylove said:
Wanted to see what everyone thought the primetime games usually announced the week of the owners meetings (this week) will be.

My Prediction
thursday: Cincy at Steelers
Then either sunday or monday
Dallas at Philly- T.O and the boys invade philly.
Minnesota at Seattle- Just like the 2003 opener pitting Jets at skins where the Redskins raided the Jets cubbard. Bad blood is forming here with the Burleson and Hutchinson signings.

I don't think it will be a division game right off the bat. NFL needs to give Palmer time to heal. I don't think the Steelers will see the Bengals until the second half of the season. I think the Thursday game will be a rematch with the Broncos.

Prediction of games

Week 1 - Thursday- Denver at Pitt

Sunday nite - Giants and Seattle

Monday nite- Indy at Pats

Week 2 will be TO at Philly on monday nite...

My guess Pats have 2 mnf games and 2 sunday nite games, and 1 thursday nite on the nfl network...

NEM said:
Sunday Night in Arizona at the opening of the new stadium with Edgerrin James.

EDIT: Not only does this stadium have a roof that opens, it has a field, the entire field, that rolls out of the stadium to the outside so the grass can get sun, rain, etc, and grow naturally.

I just hope they dont have an electronic malfuntion and the field starts rolling out in the middle of the game. ;)

Have you been there to visit the stadium yet? Looks like season tickets are pretty cheap, might be worthwhile to invest in a pair.

Steelers host Denver, Seattle host Carolina . Pats will be on the road at Jacksonville my pics

NEM said:
Sunday Night in Arizona at the opening of the new stadium with Edgerrin James.

EDIT: Not only does this stadium have a roof that opens, it has a field, the entire field, that rolls out of the stadium to the outside so the grass can get sun, rain, etc, and grow naturally.

I just hope they dont have an electronic malfuntion and the field starts rolling out in the middle of the game. ;)
I watched a show on that new stadium, might have been on the discovery channel. It was amazing. They said the weight of the field was equal to all the people in the stadium plus every player in the league. This show was a must-see, very entertaining.

RIP#40 said:
I don't think it will be a division game right off the bat. NFL needs to give Palmer time to heal. I don't think the Steelers will see the Bengals until the second half of the season. I think the Thursday game will be a rematch with the Broncos.

RIP -
The NFL likes to be able to do a "re-match" of the Conference Championship on the Thursday night opener, so you are right. It probably won't be a divisional match-up, but the Steelers against Pittsburgh. Unless, of course, those two teams aren't scheduled to meet this year because Pittsburgh didn't win their division.

Last edited:
Mike the new Cards stadium will be the most expensive ever built I dont have the figures but the NFL says it will be second to the new Stadium in Dallas which will cost close to 800 million.

It was reported out of Philly earlier in the week that the first Sunday night game of the season will be Dallas at Philadelphia. One of the papers there and a radio station both reported it on Thursday.

DaBruinz said:
RIP -
The NFL likes to be able to do a "re-match" of the Conference Championship on the Thursday night opener, so you are right. It probably won't be a divisional match-up, but the Steelers against Pittsburgh. Unless, of course, those two teams aren't scheduled to meet this year because Pittsburgh didn't win their division.

Now I'm really looking forward to the start of the season! I've always wanted to see something like this!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes