Welcome to PatsFans.com

Weei

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Hoodie, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Hoodie

Hoodie Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WEEI is killing me. The Patriots win a big game yesterday and today the Big Show is talking about Michael Irvan's racist comments. What a shame we can't have sports talk radio that actually talks about sports.

2. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

WEEI is all about talking the controversy or baseball. I don't think they know how to generate true football talk or they just figure that most sports fans are Red Sox fans and don't care about the Pats. Either way, they seem to always go for the low hanging fruit when it comes to generating discussions. It is far easier to get callers with opinions about Michael Irvin and racism than it is to actually break down the game.

Personally, I switch over to ESPN890 at 4PM. Not the biggest fan of Michael Felger on the radio, but he likes to talk football and real football talk.

3. Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Three words: Sirius Satellite Radio.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Thanks to EEI I know that the Baseball team that plays in this area that's not supposed to mentioned in this particular forum has but 19 days to sign the Japanese pitcher that they spent 51.5 million to talk to.

I wasn't listening all the time; but I never heard one word about JR going on the disabled list.

5. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

I got it, but I like to hear Pats talk on Mondays. Besides, there is only so much Adam Schien you can take in one week. I like that he speaks his mind no matter how unpopular it is, but his personality is grating at times.

6. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

My thoughts EXACTLY. I turned it off until BB comes on. Could you imagine them talking about anything but, Red Sox after a big Sox win? That will NEVER happen. Heck, after any Sox game they wouldn't talk anything but, Sox. I often think I should make a montage of "All Patriots Mondays" where they say Welcome to All Patriots Monday and then within 5 minutes (often 3) go right into MLB talk.

7. Michael

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Are there any deals for subscription? I have a satellite ready radio in my car but, I don't want to pay 13 bucks a month.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

Could not agree more, usually only listen to the 10-2 slot, except on Mondays an Fridays when they talk about the Pats. Today was a major disapointment, did not need another dose of the angry white man bs. The angry white man can wait until 6-10 AM.

Really disapointed today with this show.

9. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

What gets me is the Big Show has Steve Buckley, Sean McAdam, and Tony Mazzerotti on almost as much as Smerlas, DeOssie, and Curran at this time of the year. Ok, Buckley does write some football, but McAdam and Mazzerotti encourge Sox talk. What do they know about football?

10. mdoats

mdoats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I gave up on WEEI almost a year ago. The morning and afternoon shows are the worst. I can't stand the yelling, talking over each other, posturing, etc. And I HATE when they go off on non-sports topics. I am completely uninterested in anything these guys think about politics or current events.

I listen to 890 for the most part but would love to have some other options.

11. Hoodie

Hoodie Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that EEI annoys. I started this thread on the off chance that someone from EEI might see it.

I also listen to Felger, because although he can sometimes be annoying, he does at least talk football. As for Sirius, they're not talking Pats are they? 'cause while I'm interested in the rest of the NFL, I mostly want Pats talk.

12. dtbrks

dtbrks 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't listened to EEI in over a year as well, mostly because of D&C in the AM and all of the political talk. IF I wanted that, I can pick many other stations.

Anyway, if everyone that called in talked about the pats, they wouldn't have as much choice, but i suspect that the telephone calls are screened for their agenda

13. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WEEI: All Red Sox, all the time...unless of course, its Patriots Monday, then its only 95% Red Sox.

14. Michael

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've seen more than one person post here that they called EEI (during the football season) only to be told by the call screener they're not taking Pats calls. But, yet I constantly hear Red Sox yahoos who have to discuss every minutia of the Red Sox team get in. And are often the first calls taken even on "All Patriots Monday." I guess I should just be grateful I'm not a NHL/Bruins fan. Since, at least the Pats get 8% of the air time with the Celtics getting 1.95% and Bruins and Revolution sharing the last .5%.

15. dtbrks

dtbrks 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am a fan of all new england pro sports teams, Pats, Celts, Sox and Bruins. IF they talked about all them, that would be good, but I still can't get past some of the general crap they discuss.

16. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

By the way....Dale Arnold has mentioned this site before....anyone notice this?

17. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Dale and Holley are good, and D and C during Pats monday is ok... But believe it or not Felger has a pretty decent show on Espn Radio