PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI this am re Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch the late morning EEI show? I believe it was Dale and Paul P. and they really laid into Felger, how he seems to really hate Doug Flutie, and how he embarrased himself after Sundays game in regards to Flutie. Felger's reaction did strike me at the time as a bit over the top. I haven't really paid much attention to Felger and his rants as he just turns me off when he starts to get that Geraldo emotion going. He just is loosing more and more credibility to me! :confused:

LOVED what Felger had to say. I know many Flutie "haters" - they just aren't as loud as the people that blow smoke up Flutie butt - and BC's butt as a matter of fact. I have heard people applaud what Felger had to say. I am one of those people. This Flutie mania manure has to stop. It is unmerited. Makes me sick. If anyone should be the shining star of the game (which they lost) it should be Bam Childress. However, he was an after-thought because Flutie is a "Boston icon" Yuck....

Why he was just speaking the truth, maybee he is a little over the top, but so is all the freaking fluite hype....

Felger is your typical BU loser. Way out of line. Obviously, he and the others who launch into their hissey fits every time Flutie (who WON every game he started for the Pats at Sullivan Stadium) is mentioned have issues. Probably his wife Sarah had the hots for Doug.

Had he said simply that the drop kick was over-hyped and Childress was the story of the game, that would be reporting.

WEEI needs to take a good long look at themselves and their content, before they start going after other talk radio sports shows.

Garbanza said:
LOVED what Felger had to say. I know many Flutie "haters" - they just aren't as loud as the people that blow smoke up Flutie butt - and BC's butt as a matter of fact. I have heard people applaud what Felger had to say. I am one of those people. This Flutie mania manure has to stop. It is unmerited. Makes me sick. If anyone should be the shining star of the game (which they lost) it should be Bam Childress. However, he was an after-thought because Flutie is a "Boston icon" Yuck....
You couldn't be more wrong... the reason the kick was so heralded was because it was a drop kick, not who made it. That is HUGE news. Next time Bam Childress does something that hasn't been done in the NFL in 64 years get back to me and he'll be the lead story of the day, too.

Last edited:
HUGE news? it's one point that could have been acheived easier. ******* nauseating seeing this on all the sports shows.

ClosingTime said:
HUGE news? it's one point that could have been acheived easier. ******* nauseating seeing this on all the sports shows.

Your over the top reaction makes it all that more enjoyable.
Gawd it's fun being a fan of the World Champion Patriots!

Garbanza said:

I understand being annoyed at the media's tendency to hype certain players.

But I also think Flutie's icon status is not entirely unmerited.

you either like Flutie or you hate him... i happen to like hime because of his passion for the game.. footballs been good to him and he doesn't need the $$.. Felger seems to dislike the pats period... this was just something else for him to complain about... maybe felger is just trying to be a shock "jock"???

I have been a huge fan of Doug Flutie since the Hail Mary. I know nothing should surprise me anymore, but I really did not think there were that many "Flutie haters" out there.

Bill's Girl said:
I have been a huge fan of Doug Flutie since the Hail Mary. I know nothing should surprise me anymore, but I really did not think there were that many "Flutie haters" out there.

I don't think there are, it's just they are getting a disproportionate amount of air time as of late.

Enjoy it....it was neat.

Felger and Flutie haters, LIGHTEN UP please.

A drop kick, are you kidding me? That is just an awesome happening that is yet another on a growing list of awesome moments provided to me by these New England Patriots.

I feel blessed to have been able to see that in person. It was fun and so as Felger said "neat".

Chill out everybody and just enjoy this team and everything about it, it wasn't always this much fun and it wont last forever.

Garbanza said:
LOVED what Felger had to say. I know many Flutie "haters" - they just aren't as loud as the people that blow smoke up Flutie butt - and BC's butt as a matter of fact. I have heard people applaud what Felger had to say. I am one of those people. This Flutie mania manure has to stop. It is unmerited. Makes me sick.
Whoa! Felger didn't say anything was wrong with teh media hype. He said that FLUTIE was the problem, not the hype about Flutie. He acted like Flutie put himself in the game and called the play at the line ofscrimmage. In fact, BB said it was Chris Berman who started the whole thing, not Flutie.

The people who claim to be upset with the Flutie hype are all complaining about the drop kick, not the hype surrounding it. And in fact, the louder the anti-Flutie-ites pi$$ and moan, the greater the hype becomes, like Closingtime desparately saying over and over again that it is no big deal, telling us about thirty times that it isn't worth mentioning.

great post........

Garbanza said:

Great, great post......Please someone tell me....WHAT has Flutes done in the NFL that has accounted for getting this much attention/accolades???? Heck.,...you could have sent in someone who has DONE something in/for the NFL like Brady to try a few of those chip shots....most likely he could hit one with as much!!! But what is the point.....??? Felger is not alone in his comments....alot of people that I have talked to thought it was done in poor taste........and one man's opinion here.......

I know that you are a steeler fan right.....

ClosingTime said:

But you are dead on....on this one....

stcjones said:
Great, great post......Please someone tell me....WHAT has Flutes done in the NFL that has accounted for getting this much attention/accolades???? Heck.,...you could have sent in someone who has DONE something in/for the NFL like Brady to try a few of those chip shots....most likely he could hit one with as much!!! But what is the point.....??? Felger is not alone in his comments....alot of people that I have talked to thought it was done in poor taste........and one man's opinion here.......

Unbelieveably obsessed

PatsWickedPissah said:
Felger is your typical BU loser.

* What up, -p? Did BU beat Tufts this year? -:) That drop kick was really little more than a publicity stunt. It's not like Adam's leg had broken and there was no other way to get the extra point. In fact I'd take Adam doing it over the midegt anyday. It wasn't needed. Had the drop kick, say, been after a fair catch on a KO with 1 second left and resulted in tying the game and sending it into OT because it was out of Adam's range nor something like that, then it would have meant something. It really was only meaningful to him and his fans.
What's disapointing about the affair is the wild cheering for a guy who's done nothing to help the Patriots win Super Bowls when there's a bunch of players on the team that have 3 rings that don't get the same cheers. It's like the fans that were listening to the Red Sox in the playoffs while at the Patriots game cheering them on while the Patriots were playing. Maybe Brady is right and they don't get respect from thier own fans.

everyone here and on the talk shows needs to lighten up! Could you see the faces on the pats players, fluties, and the coaches after the kick??? IT WAS FUN! that is what the game is about! it wasnt about showing anyone up or as a publicity stunt. It was because a 42 year old New England icon (like it or not, its what he has become) did something that hasnt been done since the coaches dad was in the NFL in the 40's and something that WAS FUN and lighthearted for a long and greuling season of ups and downs. its the most I have seen bill smile since winning the super bowl, and good for him and his team to be able to smile and laugh about something they all knew was meaningless in a meaningless game.

kptmorgan04 said:
everyone here and on the talk shows needs to lighten up! Could you see the faces on the pats players, fluties, and the coaches after the kick??? IT WAS FUN! that is what the game is about!

* No. The game is about winning and that drop kick didn't do anything to help that. Adam kicking the extra point would have been with better odds of him making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back