Welcome to PatsFans.com

WEEI this am re Felger

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by marty, Jan 3, 2006.

1. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Did anyone else catch the late morning EEI show? I believe it was Dale and Paul P. and they really laid into Felger, how he seems to really hate Doug Flutie, and how he embarrased himself after Sundays game in regards to Flutie. Felger's reaction did strike me at the time as a bit over the top. I haven't really paid much attention to Felger and his rants as he just turns me off when he starts to get that Geraldo emotion going. He just is loosing more and more credibility to me! :confused:

2. Garbanza

Garbanza In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

LOVED what Felger had to say. I know many Flutie "haters" - they just aren't as loud as the people that blow smoke up Flutie butt - and BC's butt as a matter of fact. I have heard people applaud what Felger had to say. I am one of those people. This Flutie mania manure has to stop. It is unmerited. Makes me sick. If anyone should be the shining star of the game (which they lost) it should be Bam Childress. However, he was an after-thought because Flutie is a "Boston icon" Yuck....

3. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Why he was just speaking the truth, maybee he is a little over the top, but so is all the freaking fluite hype....

4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,891 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Felger is your typical BU loser. Way out of line. Obviously, he and the others who launch into their hissey fits every time Flutie (who WON every game he started for the Pats at Sullivan Stadium) is mentioned have issues. Probably his wife Sarah had the hots for Doug.

Had he said simply that the drop kick was over-hyped and Childress was the story of the game, that would be reporting.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

WEEI needs to take a good long look at themselves and their content, before they start going after other talk radio sports shows.

6. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

You couldn't be more wrong... the reason the kick was so heralded was because it was a drop kick, not who made it. That is HUGE news. Next time Bam Childress does something that hasn't been done in the NFL in 64 years get back to me and he'll be the lead story of the day, too.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  7. ClosingTime

ClosingTime On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

HUGE news? it's one point that could have been acheived easier. ******* nauseating seeing this on all the sports shows.

8. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,891 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Your over the top reaction makes it all that more enjoyable.
    Gawd it's fun being a fan of the World Champion Patriots!

9. fillip

fillip Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I understand being annoyed at the media's tendency to hype certain players.

But I also think Flutie's icon status is not entirely unmerited.

10. ne3pete

ne3pete Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you either like Flutie or you hate him... i happen to like hime because of his passion for the game.. footballs been good to him and he doesn't need the $$.. Felger seems to dislike the pats period... this was just something else for him to complain about... maybe felger is just trying to be a shock "jock"???

11. Bill's Girl

Bill's Girl Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have been a huge fan of Doug Flutie since the Hail Mary. I know nothing should surprise me anymore, but I really did not think there were that many "Flutie haters" out there.

12. IndyKen

IndyKen Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't think there are, it's just they are getting a disproportionate amount of air time as of late.

13. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Enjoy it....it was neat.

Felger and Flutie haters, LIGHTEN UP please.

A drop kick, are you kidding me? That is just an awesome happening that is yet another on a growing list of awesome moments provided to me by these New England Patriots.

I feel blessed to have been able to see that in person. It was fun and so as Felger said "neat".

Chill out everybody and just enjoy this team and everything about it, it wasn't always this much fun and it wont last forever.

14. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Whoa! Felger didn't say anything was wrong with teh media hype. He said that FLUTIE was the problem, not the hype about Flutie. He acted like Flutie put himself in the game and called the play at the line ofscrimmage. In fact, BB said it was Chris Berman who started the whole thing, not Flutie.

The people who claim to be upset with the Flutie hype are all complaining about the drop kick, not the hype surrounding it. And in fact, the louder the anti-Flutie-ites pi$$ and moan, the greater the hype becomes, like Closingtime desparately saying over and over again that it is no big deal, telling us about thirty times that it isn't worth mentioning.

15. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +123 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

great post........

Great, great post......Please someone tell me....WHAT has Flutes done in the NFL that has accounted for getting this much attention/accolades???? Heck.,...you could have sent in someone who has DONE something in/for the NFL like Brady to try a few of those chip shots....most likely he could hit one with as much!!! But what is the point.....??? Felger is not alone in his comments....alot of people that I have talked to thought it was done in poor taste........and one man's opinion here.......

16. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +123 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

I know that you are a steeler fan right.....

But you are dead on....on this one....

17. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +2,891 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Unbelieveably obsessed

18. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

19. kptmorgan04

kptmorgan04 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

everyone here and on the talk shows needs to lighten up! Could you see the faces on the pats players, fluties, and the coaches after the kick??? IT WAS FUN! that is what the game is about! it wasnt about showing anyone up or as a publicity stunt. It was because a 42 year old New England icon (like it or not, its what he has become) did something that hasnt been done since the coaches dad was in the NFL in the 40's and something that WAS FUN and lighthearted for a long and greuling season of ups and downs. its the most I have seen bill smile since winning the super bowl, and good for him and his team to be able to smile and laugh about something they all knew was meaningless in a meaningless game.

20. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0