PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI should hire Matt Chatham & put him with Michael Holly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Weei use to be the station to
Listen during the afternoon commute.

Then Ordway's got old & another station opened up down the dial.

Replacing Ordway with Mike Salk from Seattle was a big mistake.

They have semi recovered adding Arnold with Holly again, but in my eyes Arnold is best in small doses. I like him much better as a short term replacement. The Mr Rogers act get's old quick.

Matt Chatham is a talented speaker who is not afraid to speak his mind. I could listen to him talk for days.

I can't believe nobody has scooped him up yet. He blows away the clowns you see on the NFL Network & ESPN.

I like Thornton also, Chatham wold be a big upgrade over Arnold.

Dale & Holley is the best radio show on either station. WEEI would be foolish to break it up again.

I agree with the assessment of Chatham, well spoken and football smart.. great presence.

They have semi recovered adding Arnold with Holly again, but in my eyes Arnold is best in small doses. I like him much better as a short term replacement. The Mr Rogers act get's old quick.

Matt Chatham is a talented speaker who is not afraid to speak his mind. I could listen to him talk for days.

I can't believe nobody has scooped him up yet. He blows away the clowns you see on the NFL Network & ESPN.

I agree Matt would be a great addition but I like the Dale and Holley combination. Holley is the key to the show for me though. His logic is usually never overboard and he seems to side on the Patriot of things without going overboard either way.

Replace squeeky and the douche with Chatham and someone who isn't an idiot.

Screw that. I'd pay money to hear him paired with ****head Benz from 10-2. Merloni and Faurier let him get away with saying whatever he wants. Chatham would have him weeping.

Screw that. I'd pay money to hear him paired with ****head Benz from 10-2. Merloni and Faurier let him get away with saying whatever he wants. Chatham would have him weeping.

Merloni's good on baseball, so I don't see him getting axed.

Get rid of Benz and add Chatham, CFM

Last edited:
Off-topic, but since you mentioned Salk, I think it's awesome that he had that big speech on his Seattle show this year talking about how hard and emotional it was to watch the Seahawks win the Super Bowl and not be there to enjoy it with them. Then he goes back to Seattle and they get beat by the city he left :D Just wonderful.

Don't forget that Dorito Dink is also available. I'd listen to a Chatham/Dorito Dink show any time.

Dale & Holley is the best radio show on either station. WEEI would be foolish to break it up again.

I respect your opinion, but I feel Chatham would be a game changer, while Arnold is more of a place holder.

I have never turned on the radio because I knew Dale Arnold was on radio. I know I would make time to listen to Matt Chatham.

I also want to see WEEI crush squeaky & the splinter down the dial.

Why do I call him the splinter you ask? A splinter in an annoying aggravating part of the wood that get's under your skin.

The Wood = Sarah Underwood.

Don't forget that Dorito Dink is also available. I'd listen to a Chatham/Dorito Dink show any time.
Deflator and the Dorio Dink in the morning?

cupofjoe you and i both know
I respect your opinion, but I feel Chatham would be a game changer, while Arnold is more of a place holder.

I have never turned on the radio because I knew Dale Arnold was on radio. I know I would make time to listen to Matt Chatham.

I also want to see WEEI crush squeaky & the splinter down the dial.

Why do I call him the splinter you ask? A splinter in an annoying aggravating part of the wood that get's under your skin.

The Wood = Sarah Underwood.
i thought you said you wanted jason veritek to join weei?

I like Dale....Replace Fauria with Chatham, and now you're talking.
I'd like a complete flush of that mid day group .........
I would bring back Ordway with a rotating guest host based on topic like he had before.
A better concept that helps the stagnation that are the bane of many shows.
Not a huge Ordway fan but he does very well with different guests ... he's good that way.

Totally agree - they focus on the substance and stay on the road more than any other show. I am not interested in listening to guys shout over each other for hours on end, like the old Big Show. At least both Dale and Holley are capable of arguing both sides of an issue, if need be, which makes them worth listening to, imho. That said, I have enjoyed the addition of Thornton, but am not sure how long his schtick will play.

I neither like nor trust Peter King.

Off-topic, but since you mentioned Salk, I think it's awesome that he had that big speech on his Seattle show this year talking about how hard and emotional it was to watch the Seahawks win the Super Bowl and not be there to enjoy it with them. Then he goes back to Seattle and they get beat by the city he left :D Just wonderful.
It's odd, but I was just thinking the other day about how much I disliked both Salk and Mike Mutnansky when they were with WEEI full-time and how I'd now welcome either back with open arms as a replacement for Benz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes