PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI...Romanowski Johnson..concussions supplements etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I hope this segment is repeated or archived...as it consisted of Burton and halloren talking with Ted Johnson and Bill Romanowski...about concussions..HGH and supplements and all kinds of interesting things..I think the whole drug situation is a bit more complex than many make it out to be..There'sa lot of physiology of athletes that is not known, understood that needs to be. Concussions?? A MUST for any football fan to hear...

It seems to me that the NFL is going overboard in this whole banned substance thing. I thought the intent was for ridding the leage of steroids which can be harmful to the user if abused. Plus they say it gives the player an "unfair advantage".
So it looks to me that they are labeling some supplements as unfair becaue it has HGH. But as other posters have pointed out, this is NOT a steroid.
In Rodney's case, he says he was just using it to help his recovery time.
I see no problem with this as long as he is off the stuff at least a couple weeks before he is reactivated back onto the team.
This stuff ought to be allowed as long as it is for healing purposes and the player is on IR. That goes for all players.

It seems to me that the NFL is going overboard in this whole banned substance thing. I thought the intent was for ridding the leage of steroids which can be harmful to the user if abused. Plus they say it gives the player an "unfair advantage".
So it looks to me that they are labeling some supplements as unfair becaue it has HGH. But as other posters have pointed out, this is NOT a steroid.
In Rodney's case, he says he was just using it to help his recovery time.
I see no problem with this as long as he is off the stuff at least a couple weeks before he is reactivated back onto the team.
This stuff ought to be allowed as long as it is for healing purposes and the player is on IR. That goes for all players.

The problem being is that nobody knows long-term what HGH does, if the league condones it and there are long-term problems then what would the implications be? The NFL and its repsective teams have a duty of care in line with other employers to protect its employees.

The problem being is that nobody knows long-term what HGH does, if the league condones it and there are long-term problems then what would the implications be? The NFL and its repsective teams have a duty of care in line with other employers to protect its employees.

If the only reason they ban this substance is because no one knows long term effect, then why have pediatricians been administering it to children for at least over 20 years.

http://www.drugfreesport.com/insight.asp?VolID=33&TopicID=7

Last edited:
Romanowski made the point that in many football players in their thirties, HGH is actually underproduced by the body because of damage to the pituitary gland from getting hit over time. He thinks the future will actually involve the NFL allowing HGH as almost like a natural supplement to help older players maintain normal hormonal balance.

I heard the end of this, good stuff, still doesnt change the fact Romanowski is trash. I think it was Burton who tried lighting him up, except he didnt bring out the heavy artillery. Talked about spitting in JJ stokes face, but I dont think he mentioned the time Romanowski busted that young kids eye socket for basically no reason during training camp, ending his career. Maybe they did talk about, I missed. Romanowski basically said he played 12000 snaps in the NFL, not fair to judge him on a just a few bonehead things he admits were wrong.

And other points made...it's also possible the HGH did nothing to help...as body chemistry differs...I really think this is a wide open subject..with many issues and side issues..from concussions to added supplements..hormones..

HGH has been given out in many forms for almost 40 years... If they don't know the long term effects by now, then they never will..

HGH shouldn't be banned if its given under strict doctor supervision for people who are in need of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back