PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI: Pats Release LB Prescott Burgess, sign DL Terdell Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to "Fat Bastard" in the latest from Reiss:

And it seems like the timing of the signing is encouraging from the Wilfork injury perspective!

Reminds me of Phillip Finch from the Goldie Hawn movie, "Wildcats"

How does a guy that big not dominate?
If BB can teach this guy technique/leverage/staying low I don't see how he doesn't dominate.

How does a guy that big not dominate?
If BB can teach this guy technique/leverage/staying low I don't see how he doesn't dominate.

Read a few of the Raiders fan boards....The consensus is that Sands doesn't work hard, lazy and soft at the point of attack. However he did punch their punter, Shane Lechler in the face on flight home from Denver last November...Says he hated Lane Kiffin. Claims that he wants to be good but the organization is "a bad, bad place to be"...

Here is a quote from their "Mike Reiss" in the Contra Costa Times from the fall of 2008..

"– The resurrection of Terdell Sands to be the kind of inside force he was as a part-time player in 2006 is still far from complete. Sands conceded he went into an understandable funk last year after the death of his mother and let his weight get out of control.

He is lighter this year _ how much, no one will say _ but he has already had a knee drained and is missing practices. It’s tough to get into shape that way. Sands will probably continue to back up Gerard Warren, who through most of his career has been either impressive or invisible _ sometimes from one week to the next."

Last edited:
Read a few of the Raiders fan boards....The consensus is that Sands doesn't work hard, lazy and soft at the point of attack. However he did punch their punter, Shane Lechler in the face on flight home from Denver last November...Says he hated Lane Kiffin. Claims that he wants to be good but the organization is "a bad, bad place to be"...

Here is a quote from their "Mike Reiss" in the Contra Costa Times from the fall of 2008..

"– The resurrection of Terdell Sands to be the kind of inside force he was as a part-time player in 2006 is still far from complete. Sands conceded he went into an understandable funk last year after the death of his mother and let his weight get out of control.

He is lighter this year _ how much, no one will say _ but he has already had a knee drained and is missing practices. It’s tough to get into shape that way. Sands will probably continue to back up Gerard Warren, who through most of his career has been either impressive or invisible _ sometimes from one week to the next."

Oooohhhh....a guy who didn't like Oakland and didn't work hard there? I wonder why that sounds familiar? Hopefully the Pats can do something about that...:singing:

Are you referring to Caldwell or Burgess?

Oooohhhh....a guy who didn't like Oakland and didn't work hard there? I wonder why that sounds familiar? Hopefully the Pats can do something about that...:singing:

Doug Gabriel? ;)

In addition, according to other boards that I have read, he has been dominant at times.

BB will find out quickly what this guy is made of on the inside.

Turdell Sands

He's a big one, that's for sure:

364256.jpg

Hope he doesn't play like one...:rolleyes:

It's a good thing this guy didn't grow up wanting to be a cheerleader...

hs_5691.jpg

Why do I want to name him "The Turducken"?

Man. Terdell Sands scares the crap out of me.

Yep. He's a big and scary enough dude that I bet nobody even gives him grief over being named Terdell.

(Anybody else reminded of Craphonso Thorpe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back