PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI: Patriots Monday...and Friday [UPDATE: Felger out at 890 and Herald]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WEEI : Patriots Monday... and Friday

I like the idea of Patriots Monday AND Patriots Friday. WEEI did have a good Friday football line up as it was, this makes it better.

However, I do wonder how the dynamic duo will handle Vince Wilfork in the morning. He likes to talk about the technical aspects of the game but could keep the mood light as well. I always liked his rapport with Dale and Holley. It will be interesting to see how this works out with these two clowns.

Kind of a shame that Wilfork--who is my favorite Pats interview--gets the D&C slot where the level of Patriots talk is paleolithic, while a less lively group shares the Dale & Holley gig. Sorry Vince, but even you won't get me to tune in before 10:00 am.

<shudder>Meterperel</shudder>

Edit: BradfordPatsFan, we think alike!

Last edited:

Kind of a shame that Wilfork--who is my favorite Pats interview--gets the D&C slot where the level of Patriots talk is paleolithic, while a less lively group shares the Dale & Holley gig. Sorry Vince, but even you won't get me to tune in before 10:00 am.

<shudder>Meterperel</shudder>

Edit: BradfordPatsFan, we think alike!

Eeek, you're right, what a bad match (Vince + D&C). I really think D&C should have nothing to do w Patriots Monday. They constantly trash the team and add nothing of value when it comes to football talk. Dale & Holley and the Big Show have great football stuff - EEI should just leave it at that.

http://imgsrv.weei.com/image/weei/UserFiles/PatriotsMondayFridayReleasePatsEdit2.pdf

Looks like curtains for 890...

Now that Zolak is on the Big Show, I'm hoping they replace either Fred or Deossie on Friday with Zolak... enough of the Beef Brothers on the air together.

Deossie is great, IMO. Freddie is great as a homer...but if I had to keep one, its gotta be Deossie. He generally has great insight into things - I think Zolak has been really good on his EEI appearances so far.

Re: WEEI: Patriots Monday... and Friday

I think DeOssie and Smerlas work pretty well together and balance each other out. I'd like to see them both stay. I haven't listened to enough of Zolak to form an opinion.

THANK THE FOOTBALL GODS that I know longer have to listen to that weasel on the other station to hear Patriots Friday. After awhile I didn't bother listening. Wilfork on D&C...well I'm willing to give it a try but I agree with all of you it does sound odd.

Patriots Friday, huh?

Oh well...I guess that means two days a week of sun up to sun down Manny Being Manny talk during football season.

Maybe 'EEI will screw up and slip in a Patriots tidbit from time to time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays!

Last edited:

I agree D&C and Wilfork...bad combo...but the handwriting is on the wall for 890...GONE!!

Patriots Friday, huh?

Oh well...I guess that means two days a week of sun up to sun down Manny Being Manny talk during football season.

Maybe 'EEI will screw up and slip in a Patriots tidbit from time to time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays!

The Celtics will open camp in early October. Celtic Wednesdays!

I agree D&C and Wilfork...bad combo...but the handwriting is on the wall for 890...GONE!!

890 is on its way to being all national programming.

Re: WEEI: Patriots Monday...and Friday

does this replace felger's show on friday ? if so iam thrilled.i hope its because seems the patriots are consciously moving away from ESPN .If so ..more power to them.

Casale and Hart, who have both been on 890 in the past, said the station (or at least Felger's local stuff) is pretty much done, and that they won't renew their lease.

Now that Zolak is on the Big Show, I'm hoping they replace either Fred or Deossie on Friday with Zolak... enough of the Beef Brothers on the air together.

Not me. And there really never was such a thing as "Patriots Monday". It was more like welcome to Patriots Monday how about them Red Sox day.

Maybe so, but the 5PM hour is 'must-listen' for Bill, and last year the 4PM hour became 'must-listen' for Boomer Esiason.

I'm not out of work to listen much before that anyway.

Deossie is great, IMO. Freddie is great as a homer...but if I had to keep one, its gotta be Deossie. He generally has great insight into things - I think Zolak has been really good on his EEI appearances so far.

Me too... well his appearances on the Big Show... I refuse to listen to him this week when he's been on the morning show... can't stand Meter.

I like Fred and Steve too... it's just too much when they're together sometimes... Steakhouse plugs, poopie and tinkle jokes, and jokes about Deossie's young girlfriend.

Don't get me wrong, they're good in moderation... but pairing them up for the Friday Big Show, then the Sunday Postgame Show, then the Monday Big Show is too much of the Brothers Beef for me to take in four days.

The press release says they're staying together on Monday (probably because Bill likes them all), and I assume Sunday too. So give me Deossie and someone like Tom Curran or Paul Perillo on Thursday, and Fred and Zolak together on Friday. That's three decent days of football co-hosts and it breaks up the 4 day Beef-a-thon. Plus, Bonus : No Felger.

Last edited:

does this replace felger's show on friday ? if so iam thrilled.i hope its because seems the patriots are consciously moving away from ESPN .If so ..more power to them.

Someone who would know told me that this is part in parcel of WEEI airing Revolution games. Kraft is doing "Boston's sports radio leader" a favor in return for carrying his teams games that no one listens to.

Maybe so, but the 5PM hour is 'must-listen' for Bill, and last year the 4PM hour became 'must-listen' for Boomer Esiason.

I'm not out of work to listen much before that anyway.

Yep, that is definitely the hi-light. And luckily available later in the day via the eei audio vault.

WEEI blows.. THey are all homers and are rarely objective.. The only person worth listening to is Holley..

WEEI blows.. THey are all homers and are rarely objective.. The only person worth listening to is Holley..

You can be a homer and be objective, just like you can be an anti homer and it is not indicative of objectivity, though lots of folks try to ascribe to that theory. Felger has long had criticism and objectivity confused, as do his handful of full of it callers. All last week he and his idiot producer Ross were in heated debate over whether no team hiring Barry Bonds had to be collusion and wasn't having Belichick on your team just as evil...

Felger will be down to his Comcast/formerly FSNE gigs. And the Wood got canned a couple of months ago by WBZ. The Feger's may have to move out of the mini-mogul Back Bay digs before this is over...

I agree with those who say too much of Fred and Steve is bad for your psyche. Zo and Fred doesn't thrill me. Zo tries to hard to be somebody. Steve would be great absent Fred and some of the politically induced horse**** they get into. Used to listen to him back in 2000-2001 when he did the Sunday Sports Page radio show on WBZ and it was an enjoyable couple of hours of straight sports heavy on the Pats if you were on the road since it was on a pretty much post game time slot.

WEEI has been adding some talent. Lou Merloni is excellent taking on any sport. Max can be OK when he's not acting out. Even Brian Daubach is a welcome addition because they seem to to trying to wean off the mediots at least in tandem. I always find it amusing when a mediot has to go up against an articulate former player (which is what makes Fred matched up with anyone hard to listen to at times...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes