PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI dying slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Ok, I think I may switch to WEEI now. Michael "Mr. The Cap is Crap" Felger is now blasting the Pats for not having enough cap room to be a player in free agency because of bad dealings with Mankins, Wilfork, Welker, and Bodden. Apparently, the cap is crap unless the Pats are up against it and then the cap is real and the Pats mismanaged it.

Further proof that WEEI are a bunch of idiots that they are falling apart because 98.5 is pathetic.

BTW, I didn't want start a new thread for this and trying to force it into this thread since it is related.

I heard that, Felger is a moron when it comes to cap talk, plus Mazz is so so bad on football I just couldnt listen for any length of time today. At least weei had Tom Curran on for while.

LOL! Ok, I think I may switch to WEEI now. Michael "Mr. The Cap is Crap" Felger is now blasting the Pats for not having enough cap room to be a player in free agency because of bad dealings with Mankins, Wilfork, Welker, and Bodden. Apparently, the cap is crap unless the Pats are up against it and then the cap is real and the Pats mismanaged it.

Further proof that WEEI are a bunch of idiots that they are falling apart because 98.5 is pathetic.

BTW, I didn't want start a new thread for this and trying to force it into this thread since it is related.

My understanding is Felger said the past 3 offseason's, the Pats have changed their philosophy and paid their players prime contracts to stay. He mentioned the 11million of dead space and brought up the bad signing of Bodden, Kaszur and others.. The overall topic was people mention the Pats as smart money managers and the Jets horrible. Yet the pats only have around 2 million more to spend.

My understanding is Felger said the past 3 offseason's, the Pats have changed their philosophy and paid their players prime contracts to stay. He mentioned the 11million of dead space and brought up the bad signing of Bodden, Kaszur and others.. The overall topic was people mention the Pats as smart money managers and the Jets horrible. Yet the pats only have around 2 million more to spend.

But the cap is crap so what does it matter, plus the Jets had to restructure to get that money and last year they had to let key players go because of the cap. He just doesnt understand anything to do with mathematics hence his cap is crap. Gresh needles him pretty good on the cap matter.

Funny, Felger would say all that stuff is irrelevant if we were talking about the Jets. He even admitted he was being a hypocrite when Beadle called him out.

Guys I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio.. Maybe you tuned in a minute late but I wanted to let you know the overall scope of the conversation..

About how the Cap really works.. thats a thread in itself..

Guys I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio.. Maybe you tuned in a minute late but I wanted to let you know the overall scope of the conversation..

About how the Cap really works.. thats a thread in itself..

I heard the whole thing. He was definitely was talking about both sides of his mouth. Yes, he praised the Pats for spending in recent years and then proceeded to explain how there is a Cap is crap exemption for the Pats where the Pats are hampered by the cap because they have $10 million worth of dead money.

Even Felger disagrees with you because he admitted being a hypocrite on this earlier in the show and basically his "Cap is crap" argument is valid when the Pats use the cap not to spend.

I am one of the biggest Felger defenders on this board. But he showed himself to be a fraud today. It really was pathetic.

Last edited:
I heard the whole thing. He was definitely was talking about both sides of his mouth. Yes, he praised the Pats for spending in recent years and then proceeded to explain how there is a Cap is crap exemption for the Pats where the Pats are hampered by the cap because they have $10 million worth of dead money.

Even Felger disagrees with you because he admitted being a hypocrite on this earlier in the show and basically his "Cap is crap" argument is valid when the Pats use the cap not to spend.

I am one of the biggest Felger defenders on this board. But he showed himself to be a fraud today. It really was pathetic.

YUP.. Like I said, its definitely worth a debate for another time and thread..

Like I tell others.. U want an educated conversation, move to Sirius.. Nothing like it..

Felger is a contrarian as pointed out, but I beleive he's a B's fan for sure. He's a puck-head and actually intelligent when it comes to talking about it. As far as FB is concerned not so much. He is a cheesehead. It's still alright to hear the contrarian POV.

I think Reiss is a great source of info who keeps his inside track by being non-controvertial, which grants him greater access. He'd be the anti-Felger in my veiw but if he had a show it would probably be pretty boring and homer-oriented. Thank God we ostrisized Tomase so he can go back to knifing the Sox in the back.

Gresh is a buffoon, but I do like Lou. He's fairly insightfull but you know he's on our side.I know he's a homer, but he's a Worcs. kid and I can listen to him. Ordway can be rude, but listen to his callers. Egad. Zolak and Curran are the real deal.

If EEI dies something else will come along. What or who would anyone suggest as alternatives? Ted Williams frozen head possibly?

Dale Arnold was subbing for D & C yesterday and it was great. What a refreshing change. He was intelligent and polite and talked football. So different than the usual bile from Callahan.

Dale Arnold was subbing for D & C yesterday and it was great. What a refreshing change. He was intelligent and polite and talked football. So different than the usual bile from Callahan.

As soon as I hear Callahan's hate-filled rasp, I turn the station. They've gotten a little better since they've quite puking their political crap, but not enough for me to actually listen. I've probably missed one or good things because of their guests, but my intestines can't take either of them.

I didn't realize WEEI and 98.5 still covered football. I know they claim to but every time I tune it, it is either Bruins or Redsox chatter. Even during the playoffs! I pretty much gave up on them both.

I have definitely noticed a derth of Patriots coverage since 98.5 came to the scene. WEEI seems to be doing so intentionally. I don't understand how this could be good for ratings.

I didn't realize WEEI and 98.5 still covered football. I know they claim to but every time I tune it, it is either Bruins or Redsox chatter. Even during the playoffs! I pretty much gave up on them both.

I have definitely noticed a derth of Patriots coverage since 98.5 came to the scene. WEEI seems to be doing so intentionally. I don't understand how this could be good for ratings.
Well given that EEI and 98.5 are "sports" stations and the last time I checked, the Bruins and Sox are both "sports" teams and in season, I can see why the concentration. If you want football 24/7, go to the NFL netwoork

You need to know when to tune in. 98.5 has more Pats and football talk in general; best during 10-2 with Gresh and Zolak and at night with Amendolara. WEEI mostly is a lost cause except during the season on Fridays and Mondays -- IF you can stand DeOssie.

Both stations talk plenty of football, and both talk plenty of baseball. If you want to look for what they don't cover evenly/adequately, WEEI is light on hockey and 98.5 is light on basketball.

better than taking a laxative

You need to know when to tune in. 98.5 has more Pats and football talk in general; best during 10-2 with Gresh and Zolak and at night with Amendolara. WEEI mostly is a lost cause except during the season on Fridays and Mondays -- IF you can stand DeOssie.

Yes, this is almost exactly what I have noticed, except for the Friday coverage. If it isn't "Patriots Monday" on WEEI, there won't be much Patriots coverage.

98.5 mixes in some Patriots coverage and occasionally (but not often) when I tune in I hear something Pats related.

I don't mind coverage of other sports mixed in but it seems to me there is almost no coverage of the Patriots these days, especially when you compare to what existed prior to 98.5.

Maybe I just got spoiled by the massive amount of Patriots coverage WEEI used to have compared to now. I was really taken back by the lack of coverage prior to the super bowl. I expected that to take over but even then, all I heard on WEEI was about Redsox scandals and trades.

I used to listen to WEEI frequently but now I've turned to internet radio stations and stopped listening to sports in the car.

Both stations talk plenty of football, and both talk plenty of baseball. If you want to look for what they don't cover evenly/adequately, WEEI is light on hockey and 98.5 is light on basketball.

Good observation. Perhaps the only thing worse than not adequately covering a team/sport that is in-season is not only discussing, but criticizing that team when you have no clue what you are talking about. Specifically that would be Felger and the Celtics. The guy has no clue about how beneficial it is to be under the salary cap in the NBA (hmmm, do we see a trend here?) because it allows for a team to take on a salary in a trade as well as leaving room for roster flexibility, but all he can do is bash Ainge for not making a trade (without even having the knowledge of who was available at what price, or what may or may not have been offered). I guess he would prefer that the team make trades simply for the sake of making trades, so he could have something to talk about. In absence of that subject matter he just reverts back to the easy road of being edgy and controversial. I know I'm sounding like Fred From Dartmouth now :eek: but Felger's schtick just gets really old, real fast.

Good observation. Perhaps the only thing worse than not adequately covering a team/sport that is in-season is not only discussing, but criticizing that team when you have no clue what you are talking about. Specifically that would be Felger and the Celtics. The guy has no clue about how beneficial it is to be under the salary cap in the NBA (hmmm, do we see a trend here?) because it allows for a team to take on a salary in a trade as well as leaving room for roster flexibility, but all he can do is bash Ainge for not making a trade (without even having the knowledge of who was available at what price, or what may or may not have been offered). I guess he would prefer that the team make trades simply for the sake of making trades, so he could have something to talk about. In absence of that subject matter he just reverts back to the easy road of being edgy and controversial. I know I'm sounding like Fred From Dartmouth now :eek: but Felger's schtick just gets really old, real fast.

The NBA is such a bad product. Do any of you actually watch it??

Felger would be better if his partner challenged his observations more. D & C show this past week was better with Dale and various partners. Both stations have way too many gd commercials for me. The Big show needs different blood both hosts are boring. Planet Mikey is entertaining maybe they should pair him up with somebody during the day and change the second chair depending on the sports season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back